How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread

Thought I would start a new thread seeing as previous one was very popular

Continue here.....

Reactions: 1
I love this thread. I work part time for a small accountancy practice doing accounts admin and I’m on £16 an hour. Financially I’m ok but only because of tax credits and child maintenance. My daughter is 15 so I haven’t got long left to get my act together to find a full time job which will earn me the same amount of money I have now. It keeps me awake some nights trying to plan the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I commented on this thread a while ago but I like to see what other people make / think of other peoples situations! Still on 26,970 (works out about 13.79 an hour). My next rise is due in September 2022 and that (I think) will be to 30,615. (Band 5 Staff Nurse, NHS).

Reactions: 3
Teacher £36000 no extra responsibilities and I’d like to keep it that way 😂

Reactions: 9
Can I ask what you teach and for how long?
I will keep my subject under wraps for anonymity purposes but generally the subject doesn’t impact salary. 6 years of teaching 😃. Are you a teacher?

I earn around 44,000 a year as a registered nurse - that is my basic salary with no overtime. I work 38 hours per week.

• Heart
I love this thread. I work part time for a small accountancy practice doing accounts admin and I’m on £16 an hour. Financially I’m ok but only because of tax credits and child maintenance. My daughter is 15 so I haven’t got long left to get my act together to find a full time job which will earn me the same amount of money I have now. It keeps me awake some nights trying to plan the future.
Would you consider doing an accounts qualification, maybe the AAT? It is hard to study alongside working but it can really make a difference to your salary!

Reactions: 5
120k managing large team (1.6k of people). 28 y/o no life and burn out is real! I would honestly say a salary of 40k is enough anything beyond that is just a trade off vs social life and wellness.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I've found this really interesting. Would love to know how people got into the more unusual jobs! And when you were at school, are you now doing what you thought you would be doing back then?

I'm railway £72k a year. Shift work and before I had a family it was an absolute delight! Now though I'm permanently knackered 🥴🥴🥴. And I wanted to be an air traffic controller of all things when I was younger!

Reactions: 6
I work full time in a call centre. Its tit!! I'm on 21k. We work Saturdays and the shifts range from 8am start to 7pm finish. We're back soon as I've been WFH and they've taken our parking away. Morale is low between myself and my colleagues but the managers can't wait to get us all back in.

Reactions: 14
£73000 - work in Procurement. I love it as the work is varied and in ‘normal’ times there was a lot of face to face interaction with suppliers/contractors.

Reactions: 6
I work in the charity sector which no one joins for the salary and I’ve been on the same money since I started nearly 4 years ago. I’ve just been told I’m getting a pay rise of nearly 3k, taking me up to 30,000 (I’m a dept head) I’m so excited, I’ve worked so hard for this and it’s so nice to see that it’s been recognised.

• Heart
Reactions: 36