How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a freelance designer and it depends how popular/successful my designs are. My lowest year was $82,000 and my most successful $194,000. US dollars, I’m in the US.

Reactions: 1
No way! What are you thinking? I’m considering teaching but nervous because going back to uni is a big decision!
Staying somewhat in finance to try and make something of my exams but maybe a less stressful area. Good luck with the teaching! Never too late to change career path ☺

Love this thread, so interesting to see all the different jobs and what people earn.

i earn £17900 a year and work 18 hours a week lecturing, my husband earns £110000 a year. I was very lucky not to have to work for nearly 7 years while the kids were little, just recently gone back to work part time

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yorkshire, but I think that’s top end as I’ve been in HR a long time. You see some HRBP roles advertised from £40k so it’s a wide range

Can I be nosey and ask where in the country? (Or just north/south/east/ big city or small town?) Relative of mine does that and I've always wondered what he earns haha

Sorry to jump on this thread but does any one here work as a Project Manager? What is the pay like?

Sorry to jump on this thread but does any one here work as a Project Manager? What is the pay like?
I don’t work as one but work in the IT industry and they earn 70k +. One I know is on well over £100k.

I don’t work as one but work in the IT industry and they earn 70k +. One I know is on well over £100k.
That's interesting! Thank you so much. I'm thinking of re-training but the qualification is over £1000 to get. But it sounds like the pay off is worth it!

That's interesting! Thank you so much. I'm thinking of re-training but the qualification is over £1000 to get. But it sounds like the pay off is worth it!
Is it prince 2 or agile? Both are really useful / agile probably more for IT I would say x

I work an average paid customer service job but work a lot of overtime which is freely available and paid well (usually double time, I beleive time and a half is more common). So I work a lot of extra hours and come out with double what my salary should be.

I’m happy that I choose my own earnings to an extent,in that I have control over how much extra I make when I want or need it for kids Christmas presents, school holidays etc etc. but I do put a lot of extra shifts in. Although I like to make a point of it not

taking over my life in that if I am working but a friend asks me to make plans or similar, I won’t turn that down to work.

But I do also worry I won’t be able to work these hours forever and where that would leave me in the future as it’s obviously not my actual salary and could be stopped at any point. Also if we had another baby I doubt I could commit to the hours.

mainly just wondering if anyone else is in similar position or what are peoples thoughts?

I gave up a well paid office job in 2018 to become a carer. I earned around £25K in my office job
I started on about £8.50 an hour as a carer. I’ve worked in a care home, as a home carer and a support worker. I’m now a one to one support worker for a young man with very complex needs ((tube fed, deaf, partially sighted and other disabilities) I’m paid £12 an hour now because of the complexity of his care. Boils me blood when we are classed as unskilled workers !

Reactions: 5
I gave up a well paid office job in 2018 to become a carer. I earned around £25K in my office job
I started on about £8.50 an hour as a carer. I’ve worked in a care home, as a home carer and a support worker. I’m now a one to one support worker for a young man with very complex needs ((tube fed, deaf, partially sighted and other disabilities) I’m paid £12 an hour now because of the complexity of his care. Boils me blood when we are classed as unskilled workers !
Would you consider training to be a RGN? Better pay and you’d get that recognition? I could never do your job - hats off to you for doing it but like you say, you get paid a pittance and there’s no recognition for the essential services that you provide. It’s terrible.

Would you consider training to be a RGN? Better pay and you’d get that recognition? I could never do your job - hats off to you for doing it but like you say, you get paid a pittance and there’s no recognition for the essential services that you provide. It’s terrible.
I was a nurse for 13 years but gave up when my husband got a new job and our shifts clashed. I never went back. I did look in to return to nursing courses but I’m too old to jump through those hoops now 😁

Reactions: 2
I was a nurse for 13 years but gave up when my husband got a job and our shifts clashed. I never went back. I did look in to return to nursing courses but I’m too old to jump through those hoops now 😁
Ah ok! So what made you leave the office job?? (Sorry I’m just curious as to what was appealing about becoming a carer?)

Ah ok! So what made you leave the office job?? (Sorry I’m just curious as to what was appealing about becoming a carer?)
My Mum passed away in hospital from Alzheimer’s. She was in a cottage hospital with lots of old people with dementia. They kept coming to her side ward door and asking me to take them to the toilet/help them get dressed/get them in to bed. I realised that’s what has been missing in my life and got a job in a care home and handed in my notice. It’s hard but it brings me more joy than keyboard bashing in a stockbrokers 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Is it prince 2 or agile? Both are really useful / agile probably more for IT I would say x
I was looking at doing Prince 2. I'm thinking more the pharmaceutical industry as that's my background currently but I'm not sure really which industry would be a good transition for me