How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always remember listening to something Oprah 😅 said back in years gone by & it was to earn your age aged 20 aim for 20k etc.. not sure how relevant it is now..

Reactions: 4
Self employed counsellor/psychotherapist.

Working in a big city in England.

Qualified with a degree 2yr ago. Made 27k first year, forecasted to make £34-36k second year.

I charge £50/hr, work 4 days a week either taking Mon or Fri off. I see approx. 8 clients per week which takes that income to circa £400/week, and I do some self-employed work for a large local organisation advising them on mental health which pays approx £30/hr which tops up the rest of my income.

There is room to see more clients per week as I start to become more experienced but I'm not rushing - it's easy to burn out if you go too intense too quick, and you couldn't physically see more than 25 clients per week because there's the admin side of things e.g chasing payments, responding to enquiries, adjusting appointment times, booking rooms to work from etc.

So all in all I work average 17-20hrs a week for my £34-36k salary (I'm in my 20s).

Reactions: 7
150k, studied dentisty in london (was paid for by my parents which definitely helped since I came out of uni with little debt). Did a pg in dental surgery. Worked in nhs for 3 years till I found somewhere to practice privately. Was able to open my own clinic in London after 7 years of experience. I do bring in extra money by editing videos for some advertising companies at a lower rate tHan some would ask. For those looking to bring in extra money- look at side hustles that you enjoy!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Qualified with a degree 2yr ago. Made 27k first year, forecasted to make £34-36k second year.

I charge £50/hr, work 4 days a week either taking Mon or Fri off. I see approx. 8 clients per week which takes that income to circa £400/week, and I do some self-employed work for a large local organisation advising them on mental health which pays approx £30/hr which tops up the rest of my income.

There is room to see more clients per week as I start to become more experienced but I'm not rushing - it's easy to burn out if you go too intense too quick, and you couldn't physically see more than 25 clients per week because there's the admin side of things e.g chasing payments, responding to enquiries, adjusting appointment times, booking rooms to work from etc.

So all in all I work average 17-20hrs a week for my £34-36k salary (I'm in my 20s).
being nosy, if you dont mind what subject is your degree? counselling?

Reactions: 1

I've been thinking about doing private work but not sure if it's worth it with the tax and paying for a place to do it out of.

Just over 28k as a psych assistant for HMPPS. Underpaid for what we do but of course I’d say that 🙃

My incomings are:

Wage: £980
Child benefit: £85 (I think)
CSA: £170
Universal Credit: £1200

I only work 20 hours a week. 3 days, two of them are 8-3 and the other is 8-4:30, I go to the gym when I finish at 3 and generally do stuff I have to get done before picking my daughter up from nursery! When she gets 30 hours free I might do 4 days but then I think what’s the point in working more and seeing her less 🥲

• Wow
I've been thinking about doing private work but not sure if it's worth it with the tax and paying for a place to do it out of.
Sorry to de-rail the thread - in my opinion it's worth it. I work 70% online from home and the rest in a little room local to me so costs are low - and the demand is so high for our services that I am turning new people away/referring to colleagues all the time. As for the tax - supervision and room hire etc are tax deductible so you get some of that back, and you'd pay the same % of tax as you would in an employed role. If there was a DM function I'd say to DM me and I could help you with any Qs!

I work two jobs, one part time in retail Friday-Sunday. (20 hours)

One is from home doing webcam Tuesday-Thursday. Monthly I bring in between 2-3k depending on how busy webcam is. I also receive CB and maintenance from my sons dad. ☺ I obviously pay out tax, NI and my son recieves the 30 hours funded so no nursery fees.

Reactions: 5
Definitely go for it!! You’ll earn much more and it’s a more calming environment since you are working for yourself.

I work two jobs, one part time in retail Friday-Sunday. (20 hours)

One is from home doing webcam Tuesday-Thursday. Monthly I bring in between 2-3k depending on how busy webcam is. I also receive CB and maintenance from my sons dad. ☺ I obviously pay out tax, NI and my son recieves the 30 hours funded so no nursery fees.
How long have you been doing it? Do you show your face? This stuff interests me coz I’d love the ££££ but don’t want me face on the web 😂

Reactions: 7
How long have you been doing it? Do you show your face? This stuff interests me coz I’d love the ££££ but don’t want me face on the web 😂
I did it briefly in 2019 and then restarted this year, I show my face because I don’t really care or keep it a secret but there’s plenty of website you don’t have to. Most websites require you too though because of ID and the legal age thing. You could submit anyones ID and then have someone underage wearing a mask on cam! But i’ve deffo heard of websites that don’t require showing face or identifying features!

Reactions: 3
36k as a marketing assistant

most of the time i wfh too which is great, i really enjoy my job

• Wow
My incomings are:

Wage: £980
Child benefit: £85 (I think)
CSA: £170
Universal Credit: £1200

I only work 20 hours a week. 3 days, two of them are 8-3 and the other is 8-4:30, I go to the gym when I finish at 3 and generally do stuff I have to get done before picking my daughter up from nursery! When she gets 30 hours free I might do 4 days but then I think what’s the point in working more and seeing her less 🥲
It's a lot of help. You only have one baby ?
What is CSA?
Sorry, I am curious but I'm not British.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
My salary is £30,000 (generic public sector job) but I’ve gone part time to look after my baby and it’s dropped to £21,000 🙃🙃 which I know I should still be grateful to get, plus get to spend time with 👶 but sometimes I think I just wanna go back full time so I’m not worrying about money.

• Heart
So I feel very underpaid compared to all of you! Until last year I was a childminder earning 12-13k a year and was working 40+ hours a week. Left that to work as a TA, salary of 12k though less hours and term time only. My contract ends at the end of August and I'm looking for another job, but can't see me getting anything remotely well paid!

Last edited:
  • Heart