How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I gave up a well paid office job in 2018 to become a carer. I earned around £25K in my office job
I started on about £8.50 an hour as a carer. I’ve worked in a care home, as a home carer and a support worker. I’m now a one to one support worker for a young man with very complex needs ((tube fed, deaf, partially sighted and other disabilities) I’m paid £12 an hour now because of the complexity of his care. Boils me blood when we are classed as unskilled workers !
Sounds like you are doing an amazing job. Well done! But I know it doesn't help pay the rocketing bills atm...

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Civil servant. Work 0.59 of a full time equivalent salary is about £13k for that. Woefully underpaid for the job I do but the option for promotion is mostly people management which I dont want to do. Its too flexible with my children but I am getting to a point now where I need to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life.

My partner is on a decent salary and I hate that I earn so little and feel like I contribute nothing. Its stress Im putting on myself though definitely not from them.

Ive been in the CS for such a long time now I feel like I have no transferable skills 😭 I also feel too old to study but only in my early 30s. I also dont have a clue what I want to do or what Id be good at. Sucks.

• Heart
I was looking at doing Prince 2. I'm thinking more the pharmaceutical industry as that's my background currently but I'm not sure really which industry would be a good transition for me
I did prince 2 - it’s really good, there is foundation and practitioner. Maybe check some job ads for the type of project management jobs you would be interested in and see if they ask for prince 2 or agile in the job descriptions. I have been on a lot of tech projects now (I’m a business analyst) and one was prince 2 but most have been agile. I have no experience of pharma so am unsure what they generally use x

Reactions: 1
I was looking at doing Prince 2. I'm thinking more the pharmaceutical industry as that's my background currently but I'm not sure really which industry would be a good transition for me
I work for a healthcare company and I’m pretty sure we commit Prince 2 qualified project managers in our tenders/contracts. They are paid handsomely as decent ones are hard to come by.

Reactions: 3
Sounds like you are doing an amazing job. Well done! But I know it doesn't help pay the rocketing bills atm...
Try joining a hospital bank to top up. I am a HCA in the nhs working bank and a weekend night shift pays me £230 for one night x

Try joining a hospital bank to top up. I am a HCA in the nhs working bank and a weekend night shift pays me £230 for one night x
How do you go about becoming a HCA? I work for a building society currently but looking for a change and something more flexible! Do you need health and social qualifications or anything?

My incomings are:

Wage: £980
Child benefit: £85 (I think)
CSA: £170
Universal Credit: £1200

I only work 20 hours a week. 3 days, two of them are 8-3 and the other is 8-4:30, I go to the gym when I finish at 3 and generally do stuff I have to get done before picking my daughter up from nursery! When she gets 30 hours free I might do 4 days but then I think what’s the point in working more and seeing her less 🥲
Wow, your take home is more than I get working full time and teaching! Are you a single mum?

Reactions: 6
Wow, your take home is more than I get working full time and teaching! Are you a single mum?
Yes I am, I’m lucky that the gov helps for me to be part time. My full time wage wouldn’t even cover bills, mortgage, petrol / rising costs etc, not to mention nursery 4 days a week would be over £900 a month 😳

I’ve done my fair share of weekends/nights/bank holidays. I’m over it now 😁
TBH I’d have to do even more training to join the NHS as a HCA. Every time I change jobs I have to do the stat training all over again

Are you in the UK/Europe? Friend of mine works for a CRO in Europe, I can snoop around regarding the salary and benefits.

Civil servant. Work 0.59 of a full time equivalent salary is about £13k for that. Woefully underpaid for the job I do but the option for promotion is mostly people management which I dont want to do. Its too flexible with my children but I am getting to a point now where I need to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life.

My partner is on a decent salary and I hate that I earn so little and feel like I contribute nothing. Its stress Im putting on myself though definitely not from them.

Ive been in the CS for such a long time now I feel like I have no transferable skills 😭 I also feel too old to study but only in my early 30s. I also dont have a clue what I want to do or what Id be good at. Sucks.
You’re be surprised at the transferable skills you’ve gained as a parent. Organisation, time management, budgeting, negotiation, coaching, mediation plus the skills you use in your current job 🙂

• Heart
Yes I'm in the UK. That would be amazing if you could! I really appreciate it :)
Didn't learn much: if you don't have a relatable education / work experience you could start as a Assistant to Project Manager (PA). And after a year or so you could move to a Junior PM role. On average their starting salary in UK is around 30K, fixed schedule (M-F 8am-4pm or similar), benefits include health insurance, standard PTO, sick leave etc. The current trend for PM is that they don't even work full time rather 4 days a week or 5 days a week but reduced hours.

36K - Ecommerce manager for a beauty brand! Started here on 21K less than four years ago so pretty happy!

Reactions: 4
Didn't learn much: if you don't have a relatable education / work experience you could start as a Assistant to Project Manager (PA). And after a year or so you could move to a Junior PM role. On average their starting salary in UK is around 30K, fixed schedule (M-F 8am-4pm or similar), benefits include health insurance, standard PTO, sick leave etc. The current trend for PM is that they don't even work full time rather 4 days a week or 5 days a week but reduced hours.
Thank you - that is helpful to know! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply back to me :giggle:

Oh nice! What does your job role entail?
Sounds interesting.
More than you would imagine! The jist of it is managing 4 surgeons diaries, booking their clinics to see patients - some routine, some urgent, some cancer. Liaising with patients, booking their surgery, cancelling their surgery (which is happening way too much at the moment 😩) every day is different and it’s very fast paced but I love it 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
More than you would imagine! The jist of it is managing 4 surgeons diaries, booking their clinics to see patients - some routine, some urgent, some cancer. Liaising with patients, booking their surgery, cancelling their surgery (which is happening way too much at the moment 😩) every day is different and it’s very fast paced but I love it 🥰
Amazing! Similar to what I'm doing, except I don't manage doctors diaries. Although, in my role, I also dealing with patients calls, emails and appointments too. And the usual receptionist office duties.

Your role would be a higher level. It sounds like you have more responsibilities.

I hope you don't mind me asking, how much do you earn? PA sounds fun.