How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been given the opportunity to go from Marketing Manager to Operations Manager within our company. Hmmm

• Wow
Reactions: 2
People with jobs at this pay level - if you'd be happy to share I'd love to hear how you got here!

What role did you start in, did you need specific education or training, how many years did it take?
No special training. I got my first job through a temp agency, and then networked aggressively so kept being recommended for roles. I’m in a start up / disrupter, too, which helps. I got my first role in 2014.

Reactions: 1
My low stress, low responsibility mainly 9-5 job has in the past year started to involve repeated 10 or 12 hours days. As I logged off at 9.30 tonight (which incidentally was meant to be my day off but I ended up working because I was being badgered for urgent work 😡) I was thinking that I need a massive raise. The thing is, I know I work easily 50% faster than other people, so if I am struggling it means I really do have too much work.

I earn £60k a year which for someone with my qualifications and nearly 30 years of experience is really low. I would put up with it when I had an easy life but if my job is going to involve this level of effort, I think I want more money.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I know its often talked about - never be "too good" at your job as you then can't afford to lose you, but I really feel like I get overlooked for any kind of job progression because I'm doing everything and they'd be stuffed without me! Doesn't feel like hard work truly pays off ☹ Sorry to make this into a rant thread lol!!

Reactions: 2
My low stress, low responsibility mainly 9-5 job has in the past year started to involve repeated 10 or 12 hours days. As I logged off at 9.30 tonight (which incidentally was meant to be my day off but I ended up working because I was being badgered for urgent work 😡) I was thinking that I need a massive raise. The thing is, I know I work easily 50% faster than other people, so if I am struggling it means I really do have too much work.

I earn £60k a year which for someone with my qualifications and nearly 30 years of experience is really low. I would put up with it when I had an easy life but if my job is going to involve this level of effort, I think I want more money.
Ask for more money and/or less work then.

Local authority first step towards the SLT. Been in the role 5 years of which the last four were horrendous due to serious short staffing. I'm on about £44k. Live in Greater Manchester (the cheap bit). 2 kids and married but husband made redundant last year (former journalist was on £32k). We will pay off our mortgage this year but due to inheritance not saving. I'm in my 40s

I'm a civil servant working in policy on 43k. It's all spent by the end of the month and then some as I've two teenagers and a house. I love my job as it's high pressure and fascinating. I love to learn and understand how things work, and I love working with my colleagues on explaining issues and solving problems.

Salary is probably low for the level of responsibility and influence, but the job satisfaction is there and it's very family friendly and sensitive to personal circumstances to an extent, on the unspoken understanding that you will be available round the clock when needed and will put your heart and soul into the job.

It's luck of the draw if you have a good team. I've been unlucky in the past and had colleagues who damaged my mental health, but right now I'm with great people. I'd say most of us are ADHD and addicted to stress and novelty which helps. We are hybrid, one day a week in the office.

My husband is in medicine and has a second job in the community voluntary sector. He's on around 100k combined.

Reactions: 3