How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes own business would be . We have 2 and earn a decent amount, so I know that’s possible , again The wording made me think job like working for someone else.a nd other on her have put for example 50k plus big bonuses.

Actually feel a bit jumped on here, someone said they earned 24k a month and were called out and no one said oh your wrong to anyone, yet I say it about 70k a month and I’m picked apart.
Oops, did not mean to pick on you, my step sister in law is in the states, she used to work for a company most of us use, and she was on about 800/900k including bonus and shares .

Not sure if this is OT but does anyone else struggle with feeling like you always need to be earning more? I've gone up 4 bandings in the NHS in the space of 5 years, so just over a 20k leap altogether. But whenever I reach the next step I get angtsy and feel like it's not enough to feel financially secure and I need to earn more.

Realistically I know I've done well to climb that quickly, but I don't know if I'll ever feel secure even if I was earning £££££. It drives my other half mad. But we have very different mindsets. He's quite happy plodding along earning an OKish salary.

Reactions: 8
Oops, did not mean to pick on you, my step sister in law is in the states, she used to work for a company most of us use, and she was on about 800/900k including bonus and shares .
Edited to add, that's what she tells us.

Reactions: 1
I know it sounds ridiculous but that is his wage! Even I find it hard to comprehend at times. I never would ever have imagined living the way I do now, I came from an average middle class family.

We met at uni and then I got pregnant with our eldest at 23 (she’s now 14) so I dropped out to become a mum and he carried on working ridiculously hard, he’s a bit of a workaholic. The only reason I work is so I have some of my own money and I just save about 3/4 of it so if something were to happen I have my own money because we live off his money. I also volunteer 1 day a week at the local food bank helping out but I didn’t add that in because obviously I don’t earn anything from that!

I’m not going to say his job for privacy reasons but a couple of people have guessed right!

We now also have a 6 and 2 year old and I couldn’t be happier!
I would have thought he was a property developper/investor of some sort. That's mind blowing.

Apart from footballers, the only role I could think of earning that would be a banker. Those guys earn huge amounts.
I work in HR and have access to people's pay data. I've seen C-suite execs on well over £1 million (excluding shares and bonus).

Reactions: 6
I love reading this tit! 😂

29, Top 4 firm, £66k basic with £5-10k a year in bonus.

Partner earns basically the same. Have found as our wages grow so do our expenses 😬 I had more disposable income when I was earning 30k
Thank you, this made me feel so much better! 😂

I'm on £65k now and was thinking the other day that I had more disposable income when I was on £25k. I rented a little room in a horrible house share in a dodgy area and took the bus everywhere. Now I have a huge mortgage on my dream house, car payments, insurance, a dog, etc etc - the lifestyle creep is real! I'm so satisfied with my life and really couldn't ask for more, but I'm ashamed that people on far less than me have way more in savings.

Reactions: 8
There are over 100K people in the UK with an annual salary over 300K so it’s obviously possible to earn 850k a year. Most of the senior sales managers in my company make over a million a year in commission.

Reactions: 5
Thank you, this made me feel so much better! 😂

I'm on £65k now and was thinking the other day that I had more disposable income when I was on £25k. I rented a little room in a horrible house share in a dodgy area and took the bus everywhere. Now I have a huge mortgage on my dream house, car payments, insurance, a dog, etc etc - the lifestyle creep is real! I'm so satisfied with my life and really couldn't ask for more, but I'm ashamed that people on far less than me have way more in savings.
I’m the same. The more I earn the less I feel I have. I don’t get it!

Reactions: 7
There are over 100K people in the UK with an annual salary over 300K so it’s obviously possible to earn 850k a year. Most of the senior sales managers in my company make over a million a year in commission.
My husband is a sales manager please tell me what he needs to sell to work for your company and how I can get him a job there ?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I earn 20k work 2.5 days a week. My husband earns 110k yet we’re massively feeling the squeeze! He pays rent on another property as technically he works in London but since covid he’s been at home but he’s continued to pay because it’s easier than finding another suitable property when he needs to. This is far more money than I was used to growing up. Even psrt time I meet my dads wage: but it doesn’t feel Like it!! ETA I know my husbands situation sounds weird but he’s been at home since March 2020 bar 5 weeks 🤣 doing a week a month back in London until planb!

The thing about earning over £100k (don't get me wrong I'd love to earn that) is that your expenses/ lifestyle tend to increase to match so you probably don't feel much better off.

So I know someone whose household income (both work FT, no kids) is about £200-250k. Yes they have a million pound house (although as it's in London it's an ordinaryish 3 bed albeit in a lovely area), but they also spend £££s on clothes (no Primark or Asda for them, and they work in the City so it's all formal wear suits most of the time). Nights out are all overpriced London bars rather than steak and a wine in the Wetherspoons (which does me fine!) and they won't go on a holiday unless it's a 5 star resort.

I do know someone else who earned huge amounts as a City trader in the 90s (I'm guessing the equivalent of £200k a year or more), and retired 20 years ago (aged 40) on a massive pension. Hasn't worked since!

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else think back to when they were younger; we were taught (well i was anyway) to do well at school, pass my exams, go to uni and then it would be easy to earn decent money? I come from a very low working class family, my family still live in the council house i grew up in, and my parents were never wealthy. But i was always taught that the better student you were the more you would earn! (how bloody wrong that was)!!
I did graduate in 2009 which was the worst bleeping year for graduates following the crash and i ended up signing on when i finished my BA. I did end up getting a job (back home in my hometown and on pretty tit pay), but then i went back to uni to do my MA. Dont get me wrong it gave me a profession and im a social worker, but looking at what other people earn compared to me, and when i think to the responsibility i have, its actually not a great paid job at all.
Dont get me wrong me and other half both earn and we have a mortgage, 2 amazing kids, and we are happy. But sometimes i do feel like i have wasted my life, and i could have done so much better for myself. But i live in the Lake District- yes its beautiful but its hardly the economic capital of the world!!! Sometimes i do feel a bit jealous when i see people earning so much more than me, especially as it was drilled into me to study study study and the rewards would be instant following graduation.
But we are happy, and there people alot worse off than me. So i should be grateful for what i have got

Reactions: 15
Does anyone else think back to when they were younger; we were taught (well i was anyway) to do well at school, pass my exams, go to uni and then it would be easy to earn decent money? I come from a very low working class family, my family still live in the council house i grew up in, and my parents were never wealthy. But i was always taught that the better student you were the more you would earn! (how bloody wrong that was)!!
I did graduate in 2009 which was the worst bleeping year for graduates following the crash and i ended up signing on when i finished my BA. I did end up getting a job (back home in my hometown and on pretty tit pay), but then i went back to uni to do my MA. Dont get me wrong it gave me a profession and im a social worker, but looking at what other people earn compared to me, and when i think to the responsibility i have, its actually not a great paid job at all.
Dont get me wrong me and other half both earn and we have a mortgage, 2 amazing kids, and we are happy. But sometimes i do feel like i have wasted my life, and i could have done so much better for myself. But i live in the Lake District- yes its beautiful but its hardly the economic capital of the world!!! Sometimes i do feel a bit jealous when i see people earning so much more than me, especially as it was drilled into me to study study study and the rewards would be instant following graduation.
But we are happy, and there people alot worse off than me. So i should be grateful for what i have got
I’m with you, similar background and top band 6 in NHS but it’s nothing for what I do and the responsibilities we have is it. I struggle with the politics of the job and it’s really getting to me but I also live in the lakes and feel trapped because nothing will pay what I’m on now and I can’t take a pay cut.

Reactions: 4
Previously (as in, last month) in a nursery earning minimum wage, 25 hours a week. Horrible place, absolutely hated it.

Now in a school as a 1:1 tutor (covid recovery), £19 grand per annum (not pro-rated for school hols either, so works out better than a teaching assistant which is basically the role) and absolutely loving it.

Reactions: 2
The thing about earning over £100k (don't get me wrong I'd love to earn that) is that your expenses/ lifestyle tend to increase to match so you probably don't feel much better off.

So I know someone whose household income (both work FT, no kids) is about £200-250k. Yes they have a million pound house (although as it's in London it's an ordinaryish 3 bed albeit in a lovely area), but they also spend £££s on clothes (no Primark or Asda for them, and they work in the City so it's all formal wear suits most of the time). Nights out are all overpriced London bars rather than steak and a wine in the Wetherspoons (which does me fine!) and they won't go on a holiday unless it's a 5 star resort.

I do know someone else who earned huge amounts as a City trader in the 90s (I'm guessing the equivalent of £200k a year or more), and retired 20 years ago (aged 40) on a massive pension. Hasn't worked since!
The more you earn, the more you spend!

£33k Railway Manager. 9-5 hours, no issue getting time off, fortunate enough not to need to move into shifts/up the ladder for more money at the moment.