Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petra23

I met my partner on Tinder. I wasn't looking for anything serious, just wanted to ease myself into dating. We spoke for a few weeks then he asked to take me on a date. I ended up staying in the hotel that he had booked for himself that night (I made him promise he wasn't a murderer) and we talked until about 6am and woke up spooning 😂 we are a long-ish distance couple and trying to save for a house at the moment.

Reactions: 4

Noseybatch

VIP Member
Plenty of fish, was in the process of answering the questions to delete my account when the message popped up 😂

• Heart

Bronx

A photography group. I was completely over men after dating idiots for far too many years and I just wanted some new friends. Together for 9, married 5.

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
We met at a supermarket we worked at. I’d been single for a few months and my friends wanted to set me up.

He was gorgeous and well out of my league. He tried to talk to me and a froze as I was a really shy 19 year old.

It snowed really badly one day and my dad made me go in, there was no delivery, very few staff and no customers. We got chatting down the milk isle and he asked for my number the next day. We moved in together after 8 months and that was over 10 years ago.

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
Holiday romance, we met in Tunisia, I’m British, he’s Belgian. Spent two years flying back and forward every other fortnight (£10 Ryanair tickets) and then I made the move over to Belgium, he proposed within a month of me moving and I’ve been here now 7 years. So many people were critical but we proved everyone wrong and now are so happy. Married 6 years
That’s amazing! I’m glad it worked out! How did you decide to move there? Do you miss family etc?

During a resuscitation. He’s a doctor and I’m a nurse.
Wow that’s amazing! How did that happen? Like did he just ask for your number!! 😂

Icemaiden01

Chatty Member
Met mine on Bumble, However we had known of each other about 20+ years ago going out in our local town. Had just come away from a bad experience and needed a confidence boost so downloaded the app as the woman has to make first contact so knew I wouldn’t get bombarded with dick pics.

sent him a message saying something like “well that’s a blast from the past” and the rest is history - throw in a pandemic starting the day after our second date it’ll certainly be a story to tell if it works out and we have kids!

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
You could get engaged but still elope to actually get married instead of having a ‘normal’ wedding but you could equally not get engaged, decide to get married instead and plan a ‘normal’ wedding 😊
But your still planning and intending on marrying that person, be it in a convential wedding or an elopement, so to me it's the same thing?! Not being judgemental just wondered if I was missing something

emm

VIP Member
How old are you? I didn’t meet my now husband until I was 28. I had about given up at that point!
28 is very young imo! I am living with a partner now for the first time at 33 and he is about a decade older ( I had given up hope totally as well, you just need to think it’s bette to be single than with someone you don’t love , like many people are in my experience )

• Heart

Peachy9

VIP Member
Rather bizarrely, at a mortuary 😬 I was a fairly newly qualified nurse, and had just taken a patient there, and was flapping a bit. He was bringing a family down from another ward to say their goodbyes (he was ITU nursing at the time) and we ended up making idle chit chat in the lift afterwards (I think he sensed I was overwhelmed tbh.)
We ended up on a boozy night out about two weeks later at the local pub for a leaving do. Never got rid of him!

Lulabella_Mozzarella2

I met my hubby In 1998; I was shagging his friend at the time (although we weren’t dating and he was clearly going off me); I found I got on better with hubby than with his friend 😂 so we got together, his friendship ended and we’ve been together ever since. Got engaged after 6 weeks, moved in together after 9 months and got married and had a baby in 2011 and our daughter in 2016. I regret not having the best morals when we got together, but it all worked out pretty well 😂

Side note: we went to the same school, although he was in the year below, went on a school trip to Switzerland at the same time, my Mum used to babysit for his Dad and then knew his mum through school as his older sister was the year below my brother; my Mum used to live on the same street as his Grandad, knows his godmother and my Dad knew his stepdad through work - it’s a small, strange world 😂

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
At university. We both did the same course although I don’t remember seeing him until mid way through second year. He tells me he we talked many times before that but I just didn’t remember him 🤣 he said he liked me from the very start of first year, I didn’t even know he was alive!

Been together 13 years, married for 9, and have 3 kids.

emm

VIP Member
I work in adult education and he was a student, I didn’t like him at first but getting to know him gradually I started to, after he finished his course we went on a date which lasted like9hours and then were together fro9months in a very intense relationship. We ended up having a really bad breakup and I was devastated, although things had started to go wrong, we didn’t eSpeak again until earlier thing year (2.5 years later ) I was loosely seeing someone else and got an email from an account I didn’t know, it turned out it was him.. all of my friends advised me not to see him but a few weeks later I invited him over, we got back together and now live together, he changed quite a lot during our time apart and things are now much better than they were last time round, thankfullly!

We were neighbours and I was his babysitter... He's 50 and I'm 27. He has 3 kids, we have none. Been together 8.5 years 🥰however we don't live together due to issues with his children 🤨
I read that wrong at first and read you were HIS babysitter I.e. he was a child 😂 glad to see I was mistaken 😂😂😂

Last edited:

Lipgoss

Tinder...went for a drink, I almost didn't go at all because I was too hungover from a different date the night before. Had a nice enough time but wasn't wowed, agreed to a second date out of polite/awkwardness, thinking I can always cancel if I didn't fancy it when it came to it. Went along - not sure what was different but totally clicked and so glad I gave it the chance!

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Tinder. Pretty common nowadays. He had only broken up with his ex a few weeks before so I definitely had my guard up for a very long time refusing to just be his rebound. You really do meet people when you least expect it, he’s a gem despite my initial reservations😂

Reactions: 3

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
It's a very long story but basically I first saw him when he was ten and I was seven. I liked him so much. I spent the next eighteen years watching him from afar. When I finally came within his sights he asked me out and seven weeks later he asked me to marry him.

Six months after that we were married for a very happy twenty-nine years until leukemia challenged him to a dual that he inevitably lost even though he battled it out for eight and half years...
So sorry for your loss x

Gossipmongers

But your still planning and intending on marrying that person, be it in a convential wedding or an elopement, so to me it's the same thing?! Not being judgemental just wondered if I was missing something
I guess the difference for me is I am not engaged as I have no engagement ring and I don’t refer to my partner as a fiancé etc.

• Heart

MrsM19

Chatty Member
I am not a business to have a partner. :rolleyes:

Boyfriend and I met the old fashion way online.

• Haha