Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
At work, worked for same company but different sites about 3 hours apart, used to speak multiple times a day through work and always got on well. After about a year he was doing a training course near me and asked to
take me out for dinner on one of the nights.
I wasn’t 100% sure as quite a big age gap but we carried on meeting up every other weekend, did long distance for about 2 years and now lived together for 3 years and have a son

Reactions: 3

orangelolly

Chatty Member
I met my husband in 1999 using a online chat called ICQ. We've been together ever since and married for almost 12 years.

Peggy5

Tinder 🔥 he super liked me, we moved in after a couple of months, almost 5 years later and we have a beautiful 2 year old daughter together 🥰

Shinythings

VIP Member
Tinder. Was still getting the hang of dating again after coming out of a long term relationship but was really attracted to his pictures and thought why not? And the rest is history. Weirdly over the next few months we realised our paths had crossed several times before and we'd been in the same place at the same time, including the same hotel on holiday! 6 years later were engaged.

Reactions: 2

sassylash

VIP Member
went to same nursery, then met again in secondary. were friends the whole time and then well.. we’re here 😂

• Wow

Pιrικα

We met on Badoo we've been together for 7 months and we plan to get married and have kids next year :love:

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Through mutual friends.

Almost every couple I know either met through mutual friends or met through work! Even with online dating and apps, the classic ways of meeting a partner never change.

Met on Tinder 5 years ago. Turned out that he didn’t have his proper DoB on Facebook so he fell within my age range....if he’d used his real one we’d never have matched
Met and moved in together within a month
Eloped to Vegas 4 years ago
We’ve raised some eyebrows amongst friends but here we are, happy, bought a house, miniature sausage dog, kids at some point 🤞🏻

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
We met through a colleague - one of my best work friends worked with him. I’d not long moved to a new town so was thinking about joining the dating apps to start dating. Turns out I didn’t need to. Moved in together after 9 months, been together over 9 years, a house and a cat later and we are getting married next year.

I met my fiance on a site called netlog, think it was like Facebook at the time. So we spoke for four years before he finally came to Scotland for the weekend to meet me(he lived in England) he did once however invite me to Glasgow when his sister used to live there but I think I was too shy at the time 🙈 I do sometimes wonder how different thing's may have been had I actually gone.

We did long distance for five and half years and then got pregnant and i moved to England. We've been together 11 years in February and engaged for 2.

Meh

Chatty Member
The people saying we're not engaged by plan to elope, is that not pretty much the same thing or am I being dense?!
I suppose it is. I just mean not the full “we’re engaged” ring, announcement, engagement parties etc

We will be getting married as soon as we can After covid. However, no one will know until we’re back and it’s done.

• Heart

KMA

My friend and hubs friend were on a blind date and we both went along for moral support. They ended up not hitting it off and twenty years later here we are 🤣🤣

Summer0408

We went to school together but in different years. A couple of years later I had just come out of a pretty awful short-relationship and was looking for a bit of a rebound. Started a conversation via facebook (classy lol) and it went from there. He moved in to my dads house after falling out with his step dad and never left. We've now been together for 5 years and honestly, wouldn't have it any other way - he's my best friend.