How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having been twice before to unsuitables, I was reluctant to meet someone else. I was enjoying life. Anyway, became friends with my future sister-in-law (sadly passed away with cancer a few weeks ago). Was invited to her 40th and met her sister. This was 1992. We moved in together in 1993 - married 1996 (no children unfortunately) and celebrate our silver wedding later this year. Her work was as a nurse (ward sister) - would not be without her. She is my soulmate and rock. ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was out one night about 3 years ago with a group of friends, we were sat in the beer garden of a bar in Belfast city centre. some other friends joined us and he was with them. I had quite a bit too drink so was very forward and asked him to add me on facebook! haha.. we slowly started chatting more through facebook so then swapped numbers, and the rest is history because he very soon became my best friend and I couldn't imagine doing life without him. We will be together properly in June for 3 years ❤ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I met my husband at an 18th birthday party for someone we both knew, I don’t remember much of that night 😂 and we had a few mutual friends over the years, started following each other on social media over the years, usually liked each other’s posts and one day when we were 23 he randomly messaged me and now we’re 27 and still nauseatingly happy

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A friend of mine met her now husband because a few years earlier, she'd gone out with his brother. Not just any brother, but his identical twin!
His Dad said the wrong name in the wedding speech 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
predrinks at my student flat, he came as a friend of a friend of a friend and when i walked in and first saw him, it was like cupid’s arrow shot me in the arse! we’ve been madly in love since 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I met mine at uni on the same course. I thought he was good looking right away and after chatting to him I sent my friend a text like "just met my future husband" :ROFLMAO: was totally kidding, but we have now been together 5 years.

In a nightclub in Manchester, 5th Ave to be exact. One of my best friends and his best friend are a couple and a group of us went on a night out. We used to message on and off and Facebook for about 2 years. One day he messaged me asking if I wanted to go shopping with him, we went into town and saw an Avengers film ( I forget which one but it was the one out 9 years ago ).
We've been together 9 years next month and he's the love of my life.
So many good memories of nights in there back in the day!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was 16 when I first seen a photo of my now partner. I was sort of seeing his friend at the time and he was showing me his prom photos and this certain photo had him on it and I thought wow 😍. Anyways years later when I was 21 I had a friend request on Facebook and i never accept requests from people I don’t know but I noticed we had a few mutual friends so this one time I accepted, turned out it was the boy in prom photo.

We got talking, he asked for my number and he kept asking me out. I’d not long came out of a horrible relationship so I wasn’t sure. I mentioned the situation to my mum and she said go for it so I agreed. On the day though I really wanted to cancel, I took the longest bath, dyed my hair, in hope he would text and say let’s arrange for another time but he never did 😅 I even texted him saying “ahhh my mums made a stew and done me a bowl” but he didn’t get the hint and texted saying “what time will you be here?” 😂. I eventually left the house and we’ve been together ever since. Ten years this year, got two children and currently saving up to buy a house ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
2015, he kept messaging me on Facebook. Annoying so I ignored him 🤣 some family members knew him as he owned a clothing shop in my area. Then I bumped into him in a nightclub, I was incredibly drunk. Great first impressions, told him I’d vommed in a cocktail bar just before.

2018 moved in together then 4 months later I was pregnant
Moved into our second home at the end of last year with our toddler ☺💕

• Haha
Alcoholics Anonymous 🤭
Yeah I knew he was the one. 11 years later and we’re both still sober so we’re doing something right

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I met mine in ASDA 4 years ago...as soon as I looked at them I knew they were the one. We've been inseparable ever since, but I've had to break up with them as I've gained nearly a stone...their name is Oreos and they didn't take well to the break up. (Sorry I'm really weird and thought this might be funny...) :LOL:

Alcoholics Anonymous 🤭
Yeah I knew he was the one. 11 years later and we’re both still sober so we’re doing something right
That's amazing. Sobriety is so hard and its beautiful you've both gone through that journey together. ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
In a pub and I stepped across a low table to get to the bar, got stuck with one leg either side of this large coffe type table. Looked up he was sitting with his mates laughing. Said, "I dont know what you're laughing at , there was a candle there 5 minutes ago!" With that he got up and came over and that was that. Asked me to marry him 6 weeks later.

Still together 34 years, 4 kids and 3 grandchildren later.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
At work. I was a confirmed singleton (kept getting 'You're a lovely guy but.... from girlfriends), and I saw this great looking girl in an office. I kept making excuses to go over to her office, but then found out that she had a boyfriend (ah well!), so I stopped. Fast forward 6 month at graduation (we worked for a university) , I was the assistant to the graduation organiser , and the VC was very generous with the drinks to the organisers , and basically I was a bit pissed, and I was talking to this girl, she told me that she was breaking up with bf because she never saw him, and I asked her out right there (the alcohol definitely helped!) . We've been together for 12 years now.......

• Heart
I can't tell mine in full as it would totally out me if there was anyone I knew on here because it's unique but I met him in church in 1995 when I was 15 and he was 20. We became inseparable, spent every minute we could together. It all got a bit too much for me as I was so young so I told him I needed to spend sometime away from him, like a weekend. He got offended, took it to heart and dumped me, he's very temperamental. I was heartbroken, wouldn't even speak to him for about 6 years. Then we got friendly again but I kept him at a distance, it took a further 6.5 years for him to get me back, by which time I was 28. I moved in with him in August 2008 and we haven't looked back.

Reactions: 2
We were 19 and worked at a big supermarket. I was on a year gap between unis working out my life. I was the only single one out of my friends there after a big breakup and they wanted to set me up with someone. I always thought he was out of my league but it got through the grape vine and apparently he fancied me too. I was very shy so when he spoke to me I went red and ran 😂 but one snow day it was dead and we got talking.

I was visiting unis when we first spoke and after a few months he said he didn’t think it would work when I went so we should end it. Within a few hours he changed his mind and after 8 months of being together he moved 250 miles to be with me at uni.

We’ve been together over 11 years now. Two kids and three cats and four homes.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oooh love this thread. Want to write mine as I love it despite its messy beginnings ha but must charge my phone first, could be a long one!

We met at work. He was into me first, whereas I saw him as just a friend. Took a few months to realise that all I wanted to do was be around him, he was always the first one I’d tell anything to. Plus, he really cared about my diabetes and helped me out, even when we were just friends, doing injections for me, helping me when I was too drunk to do anything myself (which is bad of me, I should’ve been more responsible). Anyway, it’s been 4.5 hours and we’re buying our first house.

I don’t believe in soulmates, I believe we all have multiple people out there for us and it all depends on when we meet them. But he feels pretty darn close to a soulmate

We met at work. He was into me first, whereas I saw him as just a friend. Took a few months to realise that all I wanted to do was be around him, he was always the first one I’d tell anything to. Plus, he really cared about my diabetes and helped me out, even when we were just friends, doing injections for me, helping me when I was too drunk to do anything myself (which is bad of me, I should’ve been more responsible). Anyway, it’s been 4.5 hours and we’re buying our first house.

I don’t believe in soulmates, I believe we all have multiple people out there for us and it all depends on when we meet them. But he feels pretty darn close to a soulmate
I can’t figure out how to edit on the phone, but I meant 4.5 years, not hours 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13