Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

disneys

VIP Member
oh I loooove this thread .. 😍😍

so my husband and I met at university , actually on freshers week so I was 19 at the time .. he was a 2nd year at the time but we were on the same course (I was just a year behind)

We first met on a night out , I was pretty drunk but instantly I thought he was gorgeous and I remember saying to one of my flat mates “I want to marry that boy” ... we ended up having a bit of a sloppy kiss and exchanging numbers but nothing came of it .. a few months later I bumped into him in the library and had the awkward exchange of “do I know you ...” ... “oh god we once got off” (do people say that anymore ?) 😂

He ended up texting me the next day and we got coffee together and that was it , our coffee date ended up being 4 hours because we couldn’t stop talking ... and we haven’t stopped talking since

11 years later we are married with a son and I am still head over heels , I have imposter syndrome every day wondering how he chose me 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 46

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I was his bank manager. He came in for a loan and I guess he got more than he expected 🤪

He asked for the wine list when we went out for our first date and I was like “Just order the cheapest house wine- we both know you can’t afford anything more. Oh and don’t come crawling to me for an overdraft extension next week”. Ah the romance.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I met my boyfriend in a cafe we both worked in 🥺 I remember when I first seen him I thought he was proper fit 🤣 we flirted all day. The cafe was owned by a department store and my sister was the manager. He went and asked her if I was single 🤣 so I added him on Facebook and we spoke everyday. We used to sneak off after work and go for a coffee and we'd talk for hours. We just got together 😅 we're coming up to our 3 year anniversary and we have a one year old baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

bolimepipi

VIP Member
our story is so specific that if anyone who knows us reads this they will immediately know who i am, but meh.. who cares 😂

i lived in ireland for a couple of years, but originally i am from croatia. shared a big house with a few people, and after a few months of living there a german guy moved in (that's not him yet! 😂) we became reeeeally good friends and hung out all the time. he told me that a friend of his is visiting in a few days (yes that's him! 😂) and he couldn't find accommodation as it was saint patricks day, so i offered we swap rooms because mine was bigger and had 2 beds, and i'd sleep in the small one. the first evening i met up with them i was meeting them in front of a pub after work and my heart stopped when i saw him :love: we hung out a lot those couple of days and he made it very obvious he liked me but i didn't want to start anything because i had just been going through a breakup and i thought i'd never see him again as we lived in different countries! the last evening he was there he pulled me aside as we were all saying goodbye and whispered ''i'll miss you'' in my ear, i melted but i thought that was it!

but he got my number from our mutual friend and we started texting. as i said, i had just broken up with my ex so i felt a bit weird but it also felt nice. i think he could feel this so he asked if we should talk over the phone. our first phone call was 7 hours long, the whole night. this continued for 2 weeks and then he told me he bought plane tickets to visit again. he waited in a pub until i finished work so he was already a bit tipsy and chatting to the bartender. i was stood behind him and heard him telling the bartender something like he came to visit this really special girl 🥺 the bartender was an older, wise man and he could tell it was me by the way i was laughing :D anyway that evening of course we ended up together. spent the next 3-4 days glued to each other except for when i was at work. but then he had to leave again!

as his job was more flexible than mine, he started flying over every 2-3 weeks and almost every time (and this was around 10 trips over the course of a summer) we would rent a car and drive around ireland. we would end up at the cliffs of moher at midnight or in a pub in dingle dancing the night away. it was just magical :love: i had never felt like that in my entire life. i also visited him in germany for a friend's wedding after we made it official and once we also went to wales. that time we met at stansted airport. the meeting was so emotional that some people at baggage claim started clapping 😂 so after a few wild months like this, he said he will move to me to ireland, but i told him, as he already knew, that i was planning to move back home to croatia in a few months time. he said ''then i'll move to croatia''. i wasn't sure if i believed him :D

we started living together in ireland, he got a nice job. for my bday we went to kerry and dingle and we went horseback riding on a beach. for christmas i surprised him with a 10 day road trip through scotland, which was both of ours dream. all of this in general felt like a dream, and then when we had to go through a big move from ireland to croatia together i realized that we can also face serious things together. we sent everything from ireland to croatia and then spent 2 weeks travelling, mainly through germany and visiting his family. he met my family when we moved over and they immediately loved him. even my dad did, and that's not easy! and actually i just realized that yesterday marked two years since we moved here :) we have had to move house (renting) a couple of times but now we're in a really lovely place with a great landlord and our beautiful 1,5 year old kitty roisin, who was named after our favorite pub in ireland :D

sorry for such a long rant but once i started i couldn't stop 🥰 we've been through some rough times especially since covid, but after everything we've been through i can't imagine ever being with anyone else! never settle for anything less! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Punchy1988

I have a fake generic "we met online on a forum for a band we like" story that I tell family, but actually we met through reddit when I used to post in a gone wild subreddit (basically a forum where you post nudes🙈)
He messaged me and we got chatting and it turns out he was from my hometown, we met up a few weeks later and have been inseparable for 4 years 💕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Dipdab

VIP Member
Met at work on a trip to Rome, he’s a pilot and I was cabin crew. We were delayed 4 hours at the start due to bad weather and spent the whole time chatting. He took me to lunch in Rome the next day. 5 years later we’re married with a baby one the way 🙂
Knew he was the one as we never had the “awkward” does he like me or not stage. We were pretty much a couple straight away!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Alcoholics Anonymous 🤭
Yeah I knew he was the one. 11 years later and we’re both still sober so we’re doing something right

• Heart
Reactions: 24

grumpycat

VIP Member
MySpace 🤣 somehow we had mutual friends even though we lived hundreds of miles away.

We started speaking here and there and moved to Facebook and then eventually started talking more and arranged to meet a gig. He turned up at my house (driving 4 hours) to see me for 3 hours the next weekend without telling me. Within 3 months he moved closer and within another month we lived together.

I know he’s the one because it’s easy. He’s my best friend, we think along the same lines and we’re opposites in ways that work. I’m emotional he’s not. He’s practical and I’m not 😂

We have a toddler together and we’ve been married for 5 years ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Croc

In a pub and I stepped across a low table to get to the bar, got stuck with one leg either side of this large coffe type table. Looked up he was sitting with his mates laughing. Said, "I dont know what you're laughing at , there was a candle there 5 minutes ago!" With that he got up and came over and that was that. Asked me to marry him 6 weeks later.

Still together 34 years, 4 kids and 3 grandchildren later.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Flossy2019

VIP Member
We met at work. We are both posties and got partnered together on New Year’s Eve four years ago ... we got on so well and I thought he was really good looking and just loved his personality. We got each other’s numbers as you always do that with a new partner at Royal Mail in case someone gets lost etc and we text about something a few weeks later , kept messaging and talking at work .. he brought me in some apples for my horse (who sadly passed away last year 😭) and I think that was what made me love him 🤣and he asked me out when he was on holiday. We went on one date and here we are ever since 😍 we now have an almost 2 year old. We rarely argue I’m not sure if I believe in the one but I couldn’t imagine not being with him and he makes me laugh everyday

• Heart
Reactions: 20

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
I met mine in ASDA 4 years ago...as soon as I looked at them I knew they were the one. We've been inseparable ever since, but I've had to break up with them as I've gained nearly a stone...their name is Oreos and they didn't take well to the break up. (Sorry I'm really weird and thought this might be funny...) :LOL:

Alcoholics Anonymous 🤭
Yeah I knew he was the one. 11 years later and we’re both still sober so we’re doing something right
That's amazing. Sobriety is so hard and its beautiful you've both gone through that journey together. ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Nolongerjustalurker

Chatty Member
Tinder! We matched on the same day I downloaded the app 😊
Took us a few months to actually meet as I got distracted by another guy (*massive wanker) for a few weeks but he was persistent and I eventually saw the light that you should always go for the nice guy ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I love all these stories. I’m having a rubbish day and it’s always nice to have something that warms the heart 🤣💖

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I was at a house party when I was 16 (he was 18) and drunk way too much vodka 🙈 He came to pick up a mutual friend, I threw up on his feet and he offered me a lift home. He said to her that I was the one, we've been together 15 years this year, married for 7. Obviously being sicked on was a massive turn on for him 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Barbie2020

VIP Member
Aww love this thread!

Me and bf met when we were 18/19 at work. Went on a date with him to the cinema and McDonald’s 😂 I think I was still seeing a boyfriend at the time (oops) 🤣

Nothing really came of it but we started talking again randomly about 6 years ago and I fell madly in love with him after 2 minutes. Weird how things work. We are getting married in 2 months and hoping to start trying for a baby 😀

• Heart

Causewaygal

Chatty Member
I first met my husband at a party a couple of years before we got together, and kept bumping it him at industry events. I asked him on a date at a wrap party and he accepted.
I took him to Paris for dinner the following weekend and we’ve been together since then.
I don’t believe in the idea of ‘the one’ but we’ve been married for 15 years and I couldn’t imagine my life without him

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
A friend of mine met her now husband because a few years earlier, she'd gone out with his brother. Not just any brother, but his identical twin!
His Dad said the wrong name in the wedding speech 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow

potatowaffles

At school when we were 16 😊

He used to see me walking the corridors and had obviously mentioned me to his pals because for the next couple of months o had different folk asking me what I thought of him and I didn’t know who he was 😂😂. I went home and stalked his Facebook and decided that because he was in the ‘popular’ group, it must be a joke and I decided I didn’t like him...

He finally plucked up the courage to message me on Facebook a couple months later and I almost didn’t reply because I thought he was hacked by a pal but decided to go along with it. We used to message each other all through the night and be too scared to talk to each other in the corridors 🤦🏼‍♀️.

We also had a radio station in our school so I used to research all his favourite artists and play them in the hope he was listening ahaahah.

We were pretty much inseparable after that, so much so that we were advised by teachers at the school that we should consider going to different universities. We obviously didn’t 😉. 7 years later and here we are, through school, university and now full time jobs, I cherish that we’ve grown up together.

Oh and we also have a beautiful 2 year old...... in the form of a cat 😘

• Heart