How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I met my boyfriend in a cafe we both worked in 🥺 I remember when I first seen him I thought he was proper fit 🤣 we flirted all day. The cafe was owned by a department store and my sister was the manager. He went and asked her if I was single 🤣 so I added him on Facebook and we spoke everyday. We used to sneak off after work and go for a coffee and we'd talk for hours. We just got together 😅 we're coming up to our 3 year anniversary and we have a one year old baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
oh I loooove this thread .. 😍😍

so my husband and I met at university , actually on freshers week so I was 19 at the time .. he was a 2nd year at the time but we were on the same course (I was just a year behind)

We first met on a night out , I was pretty drunk but instantly I thought he was gorgeous and I remember saying to one of my flat mates “I want to marry that boy” ... we ended up having a bit of a sloppy kiss and exchanging numbers but nothing came of it .. a few months later I bumped into him in the library and had the awkward exchange of “do I know you ...” ... “oh god we once got off” (do people say that anymore ?) 😂

He ended up texting me the next day and we got coffee together and that was it , our coffee date ended up being 4 hours because we couldn’t stop talking ... and we haven’t stopped talking since

11 years later we are married with a son and I am still head over heels , I have imposter syndrome every day wondering how he chose me 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 46
At our work (at the time) about 7 and a half years ago. He looked after the shift rotas and I kept finding myself on the same shifts 😂 we ended up chatting more and more about really everyday things, then eventually added each other on Facebook and started messaging each other. Went on our first official date after talking for about a month, we met in a pub early evening and were still there having such a laugh by closing time and it just went from there!

There was never a moment of realisation that he was *the one*, but I've never had to try too hard with him or act like I'm something I'm not. We both have our own interests, he definitely hid some of his more geeky side when we first met 😂 but it means we've just slotted into each others lives and it's always felt right!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was his bank manager. He came in for a loan and I guess he got more than he expected 🤪

He asked for the wine list when we went out for our first date and I was like “Just order the cheapest house wine- we both know you can’t afford anything more. Oh and don’t come crawling to me for an overdraft extension next week”. Ah the romance.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
We met at work. We are both posties and got partnered together on New Year’s Eve four years ago ... we got on so well and I thought he was really good looking and just loved his personality. We got each other’s numbers as you always do that with a new partner at Royal Mail in case someone gets lost etc and we text about something a few weeks later , kept messaging and talking at work .. he brought me in some apples for my horse (who sadly passed away last year 😭) and I think that was what made me love him 🤣and he asked me out when he was on holiday. We went on one date and here we are ever since 😍 we now have an almost 2 year old. We rarely argue I’m not sure if I believe in the one but I couldn’t imagine not being with him and he makes me laugh everyday

• Heart
Reactions: 20
On a night out. Have no idea how it happened really. Had a bit of a kiss on the dance floor (the shame but I was only 20). He got my number and that was that. This was 13 years ago.

Reactions: 12
MySpace 🤣 somehow we had mutual friends even though we lived hundreds of miles away.

We started speaking here and there and moved to Facebook and then eventually started talking more and arranged to meet a gig. He turned up at my house (driving 4 hours) to see me for 3 hours the next weekend without telling me. Within 3 months he moved closer and within another month we lived together.

I know he’s the one because it’s easy. He’s my best friend, we think along the same lines and we’re opposites in ways that work. I’m emotional he’s not. He’s practical and I’m not 😂

We have a toddler together and we’ve been married for 5 years ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I first met my husband at a party a couple of years before we got together, and kept bumping it him at industry events. I asked him on a date at a wrap party and he accepted.
I took him to Paris for dinner the following weekend and we’ve been together since then.
I don’t believe in the idea of ‘the one’ but we’ve been married for 15 years and I couldn’t imagine my life without him

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Tinder! We matched on the same day I downloaded the app 😊
Took us a few months to actually meet as I got distracted by another guy (*massive wanker) for a few weeks but he was persistent and I eventually saw the light that you should always go for the nice guy ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Met at work on a trip to Rome, he’s a pilot and I was cabin crew. We were delayed 4 hours at the start due to bad weather and spent the whole time chatting. He took me to lunch in Rome the next day. 5 years later we’re married with a baby one the way 🙂
Knew he was the one as we never had the “awkward” does he like me or not stage. We were pretty much a couple straight away!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I was at a house party when I was 16 (he was 18) and drunk way too much vodka 🙈 He came to pick up a mutual friend, I threw up on his feet and he offered me a lift home. He said to her that I was the one, we've been together 15 years this year, married for 7. Obviously being sicked on was a massive turn on for him 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I had being seeing a lad from uni and he had been ignoring me and I wasn’t happy about it.

one night I was speaking to a guy I used to go to school with and he asked me on a date, in the town that the lad from uni lived... so I agreed, in the hope that I could meet up with uni lad afterwards as he was always out in that town...

anyway, I went out and met up with school guy and I asked him to bring some friends with him. One of those friends happened to be my now fiancé. We got talking and we exchanged Snapchat usernames. Then I went home with uni lad....

After a few weeks of being annoyed by uni lad ignoring me again, my now fiancé kept asking me on a date and eventually I agreed.

we’ve now been together six years and we are getting married next year and we own a house together.

Reactions: 9
Match.com
Knew he was the one when he turned up for our first meet-up looking like Jeff Buckley.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tinder.... I was into girls for 6 years, woke up one morning and was like I better see what’s it’s like to be with a man. 👀

4 years, 1 wedding and a Covid baby later I’m the happiest I have ever been! 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 16