How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We met at work. He was into me first, whereas I saw him as just a friend. Took a few months to realise that all I wanted to do was be around him, he was always the first one I’d tell anything to. Plus, he really cared about my diabetes and helped me out, even when we were just friends, doing injections for me, helping me when I was too drunk to do anything myself (which is bad of me, I should’ve been more responsible). Anyway, it’s been 4.5 hours and we’re buying our first house.

I don’t believe in soulmates, I believe we all have multiple people out there for us and it all depends on when we meet them. But he feels pretty darn close to a soulmate

I can’t figure out how to edit on the phone, but I meant 4.5 years, not hours 😂
4.5 hours made me laugh 🤣 happy 4.5 hour anniversary 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is a cute thread!

Mine is the usual work one. I was working in an office and was due to meet the new guy and do all his id and new starter forms etc. He strolled in and I thought he was the most gorgeous guy ever! We had great banter from the off. Whilst waiting for his start date, i had got a promotion within the team. So I became management, whilst a relationship with him wasn't against policy it was frowned upon. Especially when you have a horrible boss. We flirted for 2 years until he text and asked to come round. He turned up and said that he wanted to give it a go. 4 years later, after some very difficult times at work, we have a baby, looking to buy a house and both have new jobs!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We met at work 34 years ago. It was over a resuscitation. He was called to my unit as the doctor on call. I thought he was the most gorgeous, calm, competent man I had ever seen. Afterwards he came to find me on the unit. We’ve been together ever since.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
At work, saw him on my first day and its very clichè and I would cringe if anyone else had this story but As soon as i saw him, something in me said ‘you’re going to marry this guy’

it was weird cause he really wasn’t my usual type and i had just come out of a weird fwb situation and wasn’t looking for anything or anyone but he showed me what a real relationship and a man should be like.

9 years on and he is still the same amazing guy, great husband & father.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I love all these stories. I’m having a rubbish day and it’s always nice to have something that warms the heart 🤣💖

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Met my OH on a night out. He invited out on another night out with his friends. I went but he was very curt that evening and I thought he'd decided he didn't like me until I realised his eyes followed me everywhere. Turned out he's just shy and he liked me so much it made him anxious ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
our story is so specific that if anyone who knows us reads this they will immediately know who i am, but meh.. who cares 😂

i lived in ireland for a couple of years, but originally i am from croatia. shared a big house with a few people, and after a few months of living there a german guy moved in (that's not him yet! 😂) we became reeeeally good friends and hung out all the time. he told me that a friend of his is visiting in a few days (yes that's him! 😂) and he couldn't find accommodation as it was saint patricks day, so i offered we swap rooms because mine was bigger and had 2 beds, and i'd sleep in the small one. the first evening i met up with them i was meeting them in front of a pub after work and my heart stopped when i saw him :love: we hung out a lot those couple of days and he made it very obvious he liked me but i didn't want to start anything because i had just been going through a breakup and i thought i'd never see him again as we lived in different countries! the last evening he was there he pulled me aside as we were all saying goodbye and whispered ''i'll miss you'' in my ear, i melted but i thought that was it!

but he got my number from our mutual friend and we started texting. as i said, i had just broken up with my ex so i felt a bit weird but it also felt nice. i think he could feel this so he asked if we should talk over the phone. our first phone call was 7 hours long, the whole night. this continued for 2 weeks and then he told me he bought plane tickets to visit again. he waited in a pub until i finished work so he was already a bit tipsy and chatting to the bartender. i was stood behind him and heard him telling the bartender something like he came to visit this really special girl 🥺 the bartender was an older, wise man and he could tell it was me by the way i was laughing :D anyway that evening of course we ended up together. spent the next 3-4 days glued to each other except for when i was at work. but then he had to leave again!

as his job was more flexible than mine, he started flying over every 2-3 weeks and almost every time (and this was around 10 trips over the course of a summer) we would rent a car and drive around ireland. we would end up at the cliffs of moher at midnight or in a pub in dingle dancing the night away. it was just magical :love: i had never felt like that in my entire life. i also visited him in germany for a friend's wedding after we made it official and once we also went to wales. that time we met at stansted airport. the meeting was so emotional that some people at baggage claim started clapping 😂 so after a few wild months like this, he said he will move to me to ireland, but i told him, as he already knew, that i was planning to move back home to croatia in a few months time. he said ''then i'll move to croatia''. i wasn't sure if i believed him :D

we started living together in ireland, he got a nice job. for my bday we went to kerry and dingle and we went horseback riding on a beach. for christmas i surprised him with a 10 day road trip through scotland, which was both of ours dream. all of this in general felt like a dream, and then when we had to go through a big move from ireland to croatia together i realized that we can also face serious things together. we sent everything from ireland to croatia and then spent 2 weeks travelling, mainly through germany and visiting his family. he met my family when we moved over and they immediately loved him. even my dad did, and that's not easy! and actually i just realized that yesterday marked two years since we moved here :) we have had to move house (renting) a couple of times but now we're in a really lovely place with a great landlord and our beautiful 1,5 year old kitty roisin, who was named after our favorite pub in ireland :D

sorry for such a long rant but once i started i couldn't stop 🥰 we've been through some rough times especially since covid, but after everything we've been through i can't imagine ever being with anyone else! never settle for anything less! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 31
our story is so specific that if anyone who knows us reads this they will immediately know who i am, but meh.. who cares 😂

i lived in ireland for a couple of years, but originally i am from croatia. shared a big house with a few people, and after a few months of living there a german guy moved in (that's not him yet! 😂) we became reeeeally good friends and hung out all the time. he told me that a friend of his is visiting in a few days (yes that's him! 😂) and he couldn't find accommodation as it was saint patricks day, so i offered we swap rooms because mine was bigger and had 2 beds, and i'd sleep in the small one. the first evening i met up with them i was meeting them in front of a pub after work and my heart stopped when i saw him :love: we hung out a lot those couple of days and he made it very obvious he liked me but i didn't want to start anything because i had just been going through a breakup and i thought i'd never see him again as we lived in different countries! the last evening he was there he pulled me aside as we were all saying goodbye and whispered ''i'll miss you'' in my ear, i melted but i thought that was it!

but he got my number from our mutual friend and we started texting. as i said, i had just broken up with my ex so i felt a bit weird but it also felt nice. i think he could feel this so he asked if we should talk over the phone. our first phone call was 7 hours long, the whole night. this continued for 2 weeks and then he told me he bought plane tickets to visit again. he waited in a pub until i finished work so he was already a bit tipsy and chatting to the bartender. i was stood behind him and heard him telling the bartender something like he came to visit this really special girl 🥺 the bartender was an older, wise man and he could tell it was me by the way i was laughing :D anyway that evening of course we ended up together. spent the next 3-4 days glued to each other except for when i was at work. but then he had to leave again!

as his job was more flexible than mine, he started flying over every 2-3 weeks and almost every time (and this was around 10 trips over the course of a summer) we would rent a car and drive around ireland. we would end up at the cliffs of moher at midnight or in a pub in dingle dancing the night away. it was just magical :love: i had never felt like that in my entire life. i also visited him in germany for a friend's wedding after we made it official and once we also went to wales. that time we met at stansted airport. the meeting was so emotional that some people at baggage claim started clapping 😂 so after a few wild months like this, he said he will move to me to ireland, but i told him, as he already knew, that i was planning to move back home to croatia in a few months time. he said ''then i'll move to croatia''. i wasn't sure if i believed him :D

we started living together in ireland, he got a nice job. for my bday we went to kerry and dingle and we went horseback riding on a beach. for christmas i surprised him with a 10 day road trip through scotland, which was both of ours dream. all of this in general felt like a dream, and then when we had to go through a big move from ireland to croatia together i realized that we can also face serious things together. we sent everything from ireland to croatia and then spent 2 weeks travelling, mainly through germany and visiting his family. he met my family when we moved over and they immediately loved him. even my dad did, and that's not easy! and actually i just realized that yesterday marked two years since we moved here :) we have had to move house (renting) a couple of times but now we're in a really lovely place with a great landlord and our beautiful 1,5 year old kitty roisin, who was named after our favorite pub in ireland :D

sorry for such a long rant but once i started i couldn't stop 🥰 we've been through some rough times especially since covid, but after everything we've been through i can't imagine ever being with anyone else! never settle for anything less! 🥰
That's beautiful 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have loved reading everyone’s stories 🖤

I met my husband at uni, first day ... friends for a few years, drunkenly kissed at a party and started seeing each other after that.
Been married for 13 years, two kids - love him to bits but he’s not the “one” 🙈

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
We were set up by a friend of mine from work. I’d seen him around the office and thought he was hot, didn’t realise my friend worked with him - so rocked up at his house for a party, and he was the only other single person there.

Can’t believe it was over 8 years ago, and that he still puts up with me!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The most unromantic thing in the world... Plenty of fish . com - like it couldn't even be a worse named dating site if I tried 😂

Met him when I was 18, I'm 29 this year and nearly 10 years together. He is the best thing that has ever, or will ever happen to me. I only joined the website as a joke :oops::ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

This has made me cry 😭 such a sweet and romantic story!

• Heart

Oh my gosh I feel like this should be turned into a novel 😭😭😭😭 what a lovely romance ❤

I have loved reading everyone’s stories 🖤

I met my husband at uni, first day ... friends for a few years, drunkenly kissed at a party and started seeing each other after that.
Been married for 13 years, two kids - love him to bits but he’s not the “one” 🙈
Why do you say he’s not the one ?

• Heart
To the single girls , not all men are bastards. Relationships aren’t always happy but I would say when you find a good one you just know. There are no doubts of does he like me , no what ifs, it all falls into place. I have had issues with mine in the past but I love him to pieces and couldn’t be without him 🤣 sorry if that came across patronising. I have been with so many worthless lads it is soo different when you find a good one 🤩 reminiscing on how we met and reading everyone else’s does make me miss the getting together exciting stages a bit 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15
To the single girls , not all men are bastards. Relationships aren’t always happy but I would say when you find a good one you just know. There are no doubts of does he like me , no what ifs, it all falls into place. I have had issues with mine in the past but I love him to pieces and couldn’t be without him 🤣 sorry if that came across patronising. I have been with so many worthless lads it is soo different when you find a good one 🤩 reminiscing on how we met and reading everyone else’s does make me miss the getting together exciting stages a bit 😁
They’re not *all* bastards but a good 9 out of 10 of them are 🤣 I’m just very cynical and I love my freedom now! If I ever met another guy again, he would have to compliment my life, not make my life!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14