How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re not *all* bastards but a good 9 out of 10 of them are 🤣 I’m just very cynical and I love my freedom now! If I ever met another guy again, he would have to compliment my life, not make my life!
I agree he shouldn’t be your whole life that’s not healthy

Reactions: 10
Oh my gosh I feel like this should be turned into a novel 😭😭😭😭 what a lovely romance ❤

Why do you say he’s not the one ?
I just feel like we are friends that share a house and kids ... there’s no real spark, sex life is pretty boring (his choice) - he also cheated on me 6 years ago so that cloud follows me about

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I just feel like we are friends that share a house and kids ... there’s no real spark, sex life is pretty boring (his choice) - he also cheated on me 6 years ago so that cloud follows me about
Oh gosh I’m not surprised. I’m not someone who would forgive that. Why do you stay if you’re so unhappy if you don’t mind me asking

Reactions: 5
Oh gosh I’m not surprised. I’m not someone who would forgive that. Why do you stay if you’re so unhappy if you don’t mind me asking
Not at all, ask away! I’m not unhappy, we have a great life together ; just things are missing

• Sad
Reactions: 6
At the age of 23 I had pretty much sworn off men and was just going to have fun and not let anyone hurt me.
We met at a party of a mutual friend and I just wanted to be friends. We met up a few days later never called it a date and we just hit it off. But I still wanted to just be friends. He kissed me at the end of the night anyway and the rest is history. Six years later we are still together. Bought a house, engaged and planning a family. He's my best friend, my biggest support, takes care of me on my bad days (I have a chronic illness) and I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see him. But I also like that we have our own lives too. Iv been with jealous, controlling and abusive.men before and I was in edge that he would be the same. Well he proved me wrong, earnt my trust and I let him in. Best thing I ever did.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
At work (I don't work there anymore).

Bit of a silly story really. We were just friends at first, but then one day at work he asked a supervisor for some new safety gloves. The supervisor came back and gave him some "extra small" sized gloves (he has big hands), and the way he was trying to fit them on his hands made me laugh so much my stomach was hurting. I couldn't stop laughing about it on the way home from work that day. I guess that's what made me fall for him, but I didn't realise it for a while later. He is naturally funny and I love his reactions to things. :ROFLMAO::)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No ... just can’t make certain things work. But perhaps it’s just me being overly picky

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Matched his brother on tinder. Was best friends with him for a year and got with his brother. Been together a year now and I'm still good friends with his brother now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Met in school but weren’t friends and after we left school he became best friends with my older brother and was always in my house for pre drinks before nights out etc and he caught my eye then 🤣 3 years now and a baby girl!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Met on an old app that was on Facebook called "Are you interested". You said yes or no, if you said yes they got a notification, if they also said yes, it allowed you talk. I think it was almost an early tinder. Added each other on Facebook after talking in the app, met about a month later. I was crapping myself as I thought I already have mad feelings and have never met him. We were inseparable from that day and still like that now after 12 years together and 7 married ❤

Love reading everyone's tales :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He was friends with my friends then boyfriend and we went to a pub quiz night together and I didn’t think much of him when we first met and I got the impression he didn’t like me as he never spoke to me.
But we ended up being really good friends and it progressed from there and six years on we’re married.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Tinder, which seems such a boring answer now 😂 I didn’t even really want to go on the date, I’d been at work all day and it was raining. I was going to cancel last minute. I was still very much hung up on another boy at the time, I had texted him earlier that evening and said to myself “if X doesn’t reply by 6 I’m going on that date with Z” ....needless to say he didn’t text and here we are 7 years later😁 I won’t say it’s all been easy, we have our ups and downs but we’re trying to make it work.

(he actually did text me at 2 that morning for a booty call but I had already realised me and Z had something special and I wasn’t interested in X any more in the slightest - he was your typical fuckboy)
This is very much like our meeting story!
I was seeing someone else off tinder and he didn’t want to anymore (we didn’t gel that well anyway) but I didn’t want to spend bank holiday on my own when the weather was nice and kids with their dad 🤣 other one didn’t reply so met my OH in the pub, we talked for hours and been together 5 years next month!

Reactions: 3
our story is so specific that if anyone who knows us reads this they will immediately know who i am, but meh.. who cares 😂

i lived in ireland for a couple of years, but originally i am from croatia. shared a big house with a few people, and after a few months of living there a german guy moved in (that's not him yet! 😂) we became reeeeally good friends and hung out all the time. he told me that a friend of his is visiting in a few days (yes that's him! 😂) and he couldn't find accommodation as it was saint patricks day, so i offered we swap rooms because mine was bigger and had 2 beds, and i'd sleep in the small one. the first evening i met up with them i was meeting them in front of a pub after work and my heart stopped when i saw him :love: we hung out a lot those couple of days and he made it very obvious he liked me but i didn't want to start anything because i had just been going through a breakup and i thought i'd never see him again as we lived in different countries! the last evening he was there he pulled me aside as we were all saying goodbye and whispered ''i'll miss you'' in my ear, i melted but i thought that was it!

but he got my number from our mutual friend and we started texting. as i said, i had just broken up with my ex so i felt a bit weird but it also felt nice. i think he could feel this so he asked if we should talk over the phone. our first phone call was 7 hours long, the whole night. this continued for 2 weeks and then he told me he bought plane tickets to visit again. he waited in a pub until i finished work so he was already a bit tipsy and chatting to the bartender. i was stood behind him and heard him telling the bartender something like he came to visit this really special girl 🥺 the bartender was an older, wise man and he could tell it was me by the way i was laughing :D anyway that evening of course we ended up together. spent the next 3-4 days glued to each other except for when i was at work. but then he had to leave again!

as his job was more flexible than mine, he started flying over every 2-3 weeks and almost every time (and this was around 10 trips over the course of a summer) we would rent a car and drive around ireland. we would end up at the cliffs of moher at midnight or in a pub in dingle dancing the night away. it was just magical :love: i had never felt like that in my entire life. i also visited him in germany for a friend's wedding after we made it official and once we also went to wales. that time we met at stansted airport. the meeting was so emotional that some people at baggage claim started clapping 😂 so after a few wild months like this, he said he will move to me to ireland, but i told him, as he already knew, that i was planning to move back home to croatia in a few months time. he said ''then i'll move to croatia''. i wasn't sure if i believed him :D

we started living together in ireland, he got a nice job. for my bday we went to kerry and dingle and we went horseback riding on a beach. for christmas i surprised him with a 10 day road trip through scotland, which was both of ours dream. all of this in general felt like a dream, and then when we had to go through a big move from ireland to croatia together i realized that we can also face serious things together. we sent everything from ireland to croatia and then spent 2 weeks travelling, mainly through germany and visiting his family. he met my family when we moved over and they immediately loved him. even my dad did, and that's not easy! and actually i just realized that yesterday marked two years since we moved here :) we have had to move house (renting) a couple of times but now we're in a really lovely place with a great landlord and our beautiful 1,5 year old kitty roisin, who was named after our favorite pub in ireland :D

sorry for such a long rant but once i started i couldn't stop 🥰 we've been through some rough times especially since covid, but after everything we've been through i can't imagine ever being with anyone else! never settle for anything less! 🥰
Nope not me tearing up, nope 🥴. This is such a wonderful story ❤

Also as someone from Scotland, I’m so glad that the Road trip became part of your story 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Tinder 6.5 years ago. I had been single 3 years after endless bad relationships and was ready to give up on love for a while, he was in the area on holiday which is how I showed up on his matches. For the first year he would drive 75 miles each way every weekend to see me then I moved in with him. I basically helped him turn his life around and it was so worth the tears and stress. We now have a beautiful home and are engaged, he is my best friend and heart and soul as cheesy as that sounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 6