How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We got chatting on a forum, both went to an organised meet at a pub with lots of other forum members. I walked in and got the full on Hollywood eyes meeting across a crowded room thing with him. Everyone else melted away etc. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. We had a long distance relationship for a couple of years then I moved to where he lived and we never looked back.

15 years, 3 kids. He's a pain the arse but he's my pain in the arse and I wouldn't be without him. There was never any drama, it was always easy and straightforward.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
School. We went to different schools but for sixth form local schools mixed lessons and I knew him from seeing him around his school so fancied him since I was 16/17 šŸ˜‚

He then added me on Snapchat one Christmas while he was away at uni when we were 22. Went on a date a few weeks later after talking and got on amazingly well. Here we are 4 years later about to buy a house. Sometimes Iā€™m still surprised Iā€™m with the boy I fancied when I was near enough a kid šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Our mothers were close friends once upon a time so he's always been in my life. I didn't have much time for him when I was younger, we moved in different circles but I'd always say hi or whatever if I saw him about.

I had a very difficult home life and really needed good people in my teens to support me and keep me sane, I met him in a pub one night and we got talking. Actually funny story he fancied my mate and wanted me to introduce them! She wasn't into guys so that went nowhere but we got talking. He would have known some of my background through his mum and he just wanted to know that I was okay. He was very easy to talk to and very good with the emotional side of things that a lot of lads I knew avoided especially people who had no concept of a difficult childhood. I can remember going home that night and feeling good, it wasn't that I fancied him, I just felt he got me and he was kind and I was very drawn to that.

I was back in the pub two weeks later for my birthday and one of my friends made him buy me a drink and we ended up hanging out the whole night. He came round a few days later to ask me out and we've been together ever since. He's amazing, the tit hit the fan at home not long after and I found myself homeless, I moved in with his family and never left. I've had a long road to travel to get back to being somewhat normal and a lot of people would have walked, he has supported me and carried me and kept me going. If I live to 150 I'd never be able to repay him or tell him how much that means to me. I'm obviously biased but he's a great human, kind, generous, loyal, everything you could want. I'm very lucky to have him.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
At work! We worked in the same office but in different teams. I never noticed him before and never knew his name. I just wasn't paying attention as I just came out of a 3 year relationship. One night at a leaving drinks, we were chatting for a bit and he then asked me out. I was so shocked that anybody even paid attention to me but he said he noticed me from the day I joined (about 3 months prior to this day). I wasn't sure about dating a colleague but he convinced me that there is no harm in a bit of dinner. After two weeks of casual office chats, I finally agreed and now it's been 6+ years since our first date.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
13.5 years ago, Halloween 2007. With a load of old work mates living it up on a night out. It was fancy dress and I was an ā€œarmy girlā€ - classic 18 year old attire šŸ˜‚

Walking across the dance floor and a group of lads shouts. I shout back and invite one of them into the ladies with me... not for any frisky business, just to drunkenly introduce him to my mate who was having a wee.

Was that my true love? Nope, that was HIS mate šŸ˜‚ We ended up spending a casual few months together, shall we say?!

During that time I was speaking to his mate (my guy!) not like that, just friendly chatting texting only. Fast forward to April 2008 and things had tailed off with the first one. My guy invited me round for the evening and it all went from there! (Theyā€™re not friends anymore just to add šŸ™ˆ)

Tbh, it never should have worked. He already had a son, his ex was pregnant with their second (they werenā€™t together at that point), we were 18 and 20 - just kids ourselves really.

Fast forward 13 years almost to the day, we should be married by now (bloody Covid!), an almost 9 year old together and the 5 of us are a proper team šŸ’ŖšŸ»

He was the one night stand that went wrong and for that, I couldnā€™t be more thankful! šŸ„°

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Long story made very short, when I was a lot younger (and a lot skinter) I used to hitch everywhere. Anyway I was coming back from a festival in the 90's from the south and her father gave me a lift home. Got chatting in the back of the car and it went from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I met mine on Bumble. I had tried the dating apps on and off and didnā€™t place much faith in them but when all my friends were settled down and married, it was hard to meet someone socially.
It was kind of a last throw of the dice really as I didnā€™t have much hope. He looked friendly and was local enough to me so I said Iā€™d message him. We arranged to meet up last August and we have gone from strength to strength since then. We both often say how lucky we are as if we had matched a couple of weeks later we probably couldnā€™t have even met up as Ireland went into lockdown soon after.
I had bought my own house earlier last year and had resigned myself to just being happy living the single life and having my own independence. I havenā€™t got the most straight forward family and when I told him he listened with no judgement and said he wasnā€™t going anywhere. I feel at my best when Iā€™m with him and we are so happy together.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Started working at the same place as he did. He was with someone when I started there and I just thought he was an arrogant cocky tosser who thought he knew it all. Actually couldnā€™t stand him at one point. He split with his ex about 2 years after I started there. he asked me out a few times and I kept saying no then I saw him on a night out, I was leathered and literally threw myself at him šŸ™ˆ. Asked him to take me back to his and being the ā€œtosserā€ I thought he was just took me home and dropped me off outside in a taxi to make sure I made it home safe.
Didnā€™t speak for about a month at work cause I was mortified. Finally started seeing each other a few months later. 10 years later, married, 2 children and own our own home. Turns out I like arrogant cocky tossers šŸ˜‚. He said in his wedding speech he knew I was the one for him when I lunged at him mid conversation on a night out šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Holiday romance, I was from the UK and he was from Belgium and we ended up in rooms next to each other at a resort in Tunisia.
We made plans to meet up after we both left and I flew over to Belgium about two months later. This was when Ryanair flights were cheap and I could fly every fortnight for less than a tenner. So we alternated, him to the uk one weekend and then me to Belgium. We did this for two years and then I moved over to Belgium.
That was 8 years ago now. Together 10 years and married for 7. So many people had doubts and holiday romance is so clichĆ© but we couldnā€™t be happier ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Me and my boyfriend met on Twitter 5 years ago, both our football teams were in the FA cup semi finals and we both dropped hints after weeks of liking tweets etc that we wanted to draw each otherā€™s team for the semiā€™s. Slid into my dmā€™s. We spoke for 4/5 months before we met and went on our first date to London Zoo and for food. It was like one of the hottest days of the year and he was so hot so I bought him some wet wipes and tissues to cool himself down and then we bought him a new top in H&M in Camden cos he thought an all black outfit wouldnā€™t make him hot. We knew that first date that we loved eachother and then he asked me to be his girlfriend the next time I saw him which was conveniently when I stayed at his. We were long distance for 3 and a half years. Been together 5 years now and live together šŸ’™

• Heart
Thought I'd chip in to the conversation, you all have lovely stories.

I met my fiancƩ when we were both sectioned under the mental health act. We were engaged after 2 months and had our own home within 10 months. This was 6 years ago now. I always say that time of my life was both the worst and the best.

I truly believe we saved each others life, it's not been plain sailing but what relationship is. We literally witnessed each other at our worst so it was only up from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We met at uni, my flatmate dragged me to a party I didnā€™t want to go to and there was this cute guy there, I sat right in front of him and he didnā€™t even notice me šŸ˜­ but he was so cute I couldnā€™t forget him

I told myself to give it two weeks and if I still thought about him, I would get my flatmate to get his number (I was just coming out of a relationship).
Two weeks later I text him and we hit it off

I never let him forget that he didnā€™t notice me at the party...his excuse? ā€œI was high at the time, I wouldnā€™t have noticed if my mum was thereā€ šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Met online, became close, he moved to the UK, stayed close, convinced we were just friends but the people around us didn't agree. Eventually we had to admit we were way past the friend stage, now engaged and intending to have a nice wedding once the worst of the pandemic is over

• Heart
We met on a language exchange online šŸ˜‚ we were penpals for 2 years over text and Skype etc teaching each other our languages and just general chat. I grew really fond of him over that time but was like calm yourself girl youā€™ve never even met him šŸ˜‚, then I was visiting his country so we met for coffee and honestly was like love at first sight. We spend the entire 3 weeks together from that moment and on my last day he told me he loved me and have been in a relationship ever since šŸ„°šŸ„°

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thought I'd chip in to the conversation, you all have lovely stories.

I met my fiancƩ when we were both sectioned under the mental health act. We were engaged after 2 months and had our own home within 10 months. This was 6 years ago now. I always say that time of my life was both the worst and the best.

I truly believe we saved each others life, it's not been plain sailing but what relationship is. We literally witnessed each other at our worst so it was only up from there.
I love this. Shows that sometimes when youā€™re at your lowest amazing things can happen

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was sick of dating - lots of bland, dull Guys and was also on a swingers site for hooking up/fun to get my needs met. A guy ten years younger than me I kept umming and ahhhhing over (age difference, wanted to date) messaged a few times. Finally gave in but said I wanted dating not just sex. Most fun on a date ever. We were Fwb for 6 months and spent more and more time together and just fell completely in love. He was due to move away for work and to be closer to family and he stayed because of me. Now trying for a baby, living in a new house with our fur baby and I could not be happier. šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
In a bar. Went on a date the weekend after. Moved in with him 18 months later. Been together 16 years, married for 10.

Reactions: 1