How did you meet your partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aww love this thread!

Me and bf met when we were 18/19 at work. Went on a date with him to the cinema and McDonald’s 😂 I think I was still seeing a boyfriend at the time (oops) 🤣

Nothing really came of it but we started talking again randomly about 6 years ago and I fell madly in love with him after 2 minutes. Weird how things work. We are getting married in 2 months and hoping to start trying for a baby 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have a fake generic "we met online on a forum for a band we like" story that I tell family, but actually we met through reddit when I used to post in a gone wild subreddit (basically a forum where you post nudes🙈)
He messaged me and we got chatting and it turns out he was from my hometown, we met up a few weeks later and have been inseparable for 4 years 💕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
We worked in a video game shop together. And it didn't start off with us dating lol.

We used to play video games together after work, order pizza, go out for drinks etc. He asked me out and I said no.. I hadn't gotten over my ex at this stage and was just unsure about my feelings. And then one day, me being my oh so forward self asks "hey, do you want to duck?"... and a few nights later we did :ROFLMAO: and then a week later, I was like "ehhh so do you still wanna go out or...?" and we made it official. That was about 3 years ago, and we're still together lol.

I'm glad we don't work in retail anymore, but I do miss those days sometimes haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In a nightclub in Manchester, 5th Ave to be exact. One of my best friends and his best friend are a couple and a group of us went on a night out. We used to message on and off and Facebook for about 2 years. One day he messaged me asking if I wanted to go shopping with him, we went into town and saw an Avengers film ( I forget which one but it was the one out 9 years ago ).
We've been together 9 years next month and he's the love of my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tinder, which seems such a boring answer now 😂 I didn’t even really want to go on the date, I’d been at work all day and it was raining. I was going to cancel last minute. I was still very much hung up on another boy at the time, I had texted him earlier that evening and said to myself “if X doesn’t reply by 6 I’m going on that date with Z” ....needless to say he didn’t text and here we are 7 years later😁 I won’t say it’s all been easy, we have our ups and downs but we’re trying to make it work.

(he actually did text me at 2 that morning for a booty call but I had already realised me and Z had something special and I wasn’t interested in X any more in the slightest - he was your typical fuckboy)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I met my boyfriend on tinder, I think it must of been fate as he wasn’t in my search radius and I wasn’t in his plus I deleted the app and hardly swiped anyone. Weirdly though his uncle lived in the same town.
We have been together nearly 2 years we got engaged at Christmas and in the next month will be moving in to our new home together. His great with my son and I couldn’t ask for a better person to make memories with. He has supported me through a lot and even has to face my ex even though he hates him for how he treated me.

• Heart
At school when we were 16 😊

He used to see me walking the corridors and had obviously mentioned me to his pals because for the next couple of months o had different folk asking me what I thought of him and I didn’t know who he was 😂😂. I went home and stalked his Facebook and decided that because he was in the ‘popular’ group, it must be a joke and I decided I didn’t like him...

He finally plucked up the courage to message me on Facebook a couple months later and I almost didn’t reply because I thought he was hacked by a pal but decided to go along with it. We used to message each other all through the night and be too scared to talk to each other in the corridors 🤦🏼‍♀️.

We also had a radio station in our school so I used to research all his favourite artists and play them in the hope he was listening ahaahah.

We were pretty much inseparable after that, so much so that we were advised by teachers at the school that we should consider going to different universities. We obviously didn’t 😉. 7 years later and here we are, through school, university and now full time jobs, I cherish that we’ve grown up together.

Oh and we also have a beautiful 2 year old...... in the form of a cat 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 17
At a gig. He was a friend of a friend.

I was sat at the back waiting for my friend to come back from the bar, OH came over to me and started chatting, but I tried to get rid of him! Mutual friend came back and we all ended up hanging out. I remember asking mutual friend about OH when I got home, was horrified he was only 19 (vs my 24!).

I ummed and ahhed about him for a while, then convinced mutual friend to give me his number. OH took 5 days to reply! I went into it as a bit of fun and slept with him on our first date.

That was nearly 13years ago and we've been married for 7! He is genuinely is my best friend and couldn't be without him.

• Heart
Met at work when I joined the team he was in. We went on a team night out, got drunk and kissed... eight years later we’re engaged with our first baby on the way!

• Heart
At a house party. I went with a pal of mine who was after his mate. I didn’t really know anyone going and wasn’t bothered but my pal convinced me. Drinks and laughs had and we’re together ever since, 16 years!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A friend's boyfriend worked with him at the time and suggested him to me as a potential boyfriend as he was "Fairly liberal".
They showed me a pic, I thought he was cute, so agreed they could pass him my number.
We ended up texting each other every day. At two weeks I asked him when he was going to ask me out on a date 😂
It was so easy, and I was never left wondering if he liked me, he even changed his status to "In a relationship" only a few weeks in.
I loved that every day that I wasn't with him he would text me asking me how my day was 🥰
Now have our own house, 2 cats and engaged!

• Heart
We met at university doing post grad courses.

at the time I was with someone else, so apart from him adding me on Facebook nothing happened between us.

he just sat in my friends list for years until I was single and then a message just saying “hi” popped up on my Instagram from him. I couldn’t believe he liked me because I always thought he’s so handsome. We started talking and it went on from there.

5 years, just bought a house and our first baby on the way 💖💙

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tinder! We chatted for about 3 weeks and hadn't made plans to meet. Was in my local one night with some rowdy mates and looked up at the bar and thought "I recognise that guy 🤔" messaged him to ask if he was in this pub and he says yeah, so got him to come over and chat to me. My mates buggered off for the longest cigarette break outside 😂. Ended up hanging out with him and his housemates and got absolutely trashed, he came back to mine but nowt happened and we met up the next evening but he chatted to my friends more than me.

I figured he wasn't interested so was very cool with him, and then I started back with my ex again for a couple of weeks 🙄 he kept messaging saying let me know when you want a drink etc. Anyway a month later we'd arranged a date, I ended up pie ing him off to go to a party 😂 Messaged him after 2 bottles of wine begging him to come meet me at a club and the moron actually did. We then had a really lovely night just chatting for hours and got to know each other and from that day I was just head over heels.

I've been out with some right knob heads but he is so sweet and caring, he really takes care of me. I just know he's the one ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I went to a large work function with my friend, her company was invited and she had a plus one. It was a very fancy do and in London, so I went with her to get all dressed up and enjoying an all expenses weekend in London. At the do, my friend was networking/mingling and talking to a lawyer she knew, he was stood with his friend who didn’t open his mouth once. I tried to be polite with him but, to no avail. Once he eventually opened his mouth, I thought, gosh what a pompous prick. Later that evening and a few drinks later, he approached me and asked would I go for a meal with him the next day. I initially thought, not a chance in hell. So I made excuses and said, I don’t usually look like this (I was all dressed up) I usually look a mess. He looked back at me expressionless. Meanwhile, my friend gave me a look as if to say, go on. So I thought, why not and agreed.

The next day we went for a lovely meal which started off very awkward and quiet. At the end of the night, my mind had been changed completely and he turned out to be the most intelligent, interesting and thoughtful man I’d ever met. I fell head over heels for him and he ended up moving up North to be with me. We are now engaged and I’ve never been happier. So for anyone single, sometimes it’s worth taking a chance on a prick 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We met on OKCupid back in 2013. I only went on out of curiosity because I had never used a dating site before and was in a much better place mentally and physically after my previous long-term relationship ended. There were so many freaks! One guy who messaged me had a foot fetish and just wanted pictures of my feet (no thanks you absolute bleeping reprobate 👋🏻 🤢 ). Another was old enough to be my dad and when I said I wasn’t interested because of that, he proceeded to verbally abuse me and called me a “Fenian witch” for some reason. So by this point I was ready to deactivate my account when this dark haired, brown eyed guy stalked my page. I looked on his, saw that he was fairly local (a train ride away). We had a high match % from doing all the daft quizzes on the site Thus began a back and forth of us stalking each other before eventually he cracked and messaged me. 😂

After a bit of chat, and my regaling him with the stories of the sectarian prick and foot freak, I was quite shocked when he asked if I wanted to meet up that weekend in Glasgow for lunch. I was very hesitant but then though, “duck it, why not? and agreed. We met up and went for lunch in Merchant City, had some drinks. He took me to a Christmas market where his friend had a stall selling homemade candles and stuff, and afterwards walked around the city. We ended up going to see a movie - his suggestion. He later confessed to me that he didn’t want the date to end there and he didn’t even care for the movie he just wanted to spend more time with me.

We had a lot of lovely dates after this, he can be quite the romantic my OH, and within two weeks we were official. Six months later, he had moved in (it made sense because he was always having to travel to Glasgow for uni and to see me). We had a great summer together, went on holidays, and by the autumn we were engaged. On our 1 year anniversary I found out I was pregnant. It was all very whirlwind, but I wouldn’t change a thing. We’ve been together 7 and a bit years now, married for 2, have two beautiful sons. We’ve had our highs and lows, but I couldn’t imagine anyone else by my side as cheesy as that is.

• Heart
At a Cub Scout Halloween party. He was totally my type, thin and dark with a smile that just lit up his face. ❤

• Heart
He was my manager!

Despite our age gap we have the same sense of humour, morals etc! He’s my best friend ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I went to a large work function with my friend, her company was invited and she had a plus one. It was a very fancy do and in London, so I went with her to get all dressed up and enjoying an all expenses weekend in London. At the do, my friend was networking/mingling and talking to a lawyer she knew, he was stood with his friend who didn’t open his mouth once. I tried to be polite with him but, to no avail. Once he eventually opened his mouth, I thought, gosh what a pompous prick. Later that evening and a few drinks later, he approached me and asked would I go for a meal with him the next day. I initially thought, not a chance in hell. So I made excuses and said, I don’t usually look like this (I was all dressed up) I usually look a mess. He looked back at me expressionless. Meanwhile, my friend gave me a look as if to say, go on. So I thought, why not and agreed.

The next day we went for a lovely meal which started off very awkward and quiet. At the end of the night, my mind had been changed completely and he turned out to be the most intelligent, interesting and thoughtful man I’d ever met. I fell head over heels for him and he ended up moving up North to be with me. We are now engaged and I’ve never been happier. So for anyone single, sometimes it’s worth taking a chance on a prick 😂
Mine came across a bit stuck up as well at first. I later called him out on it and he said it was just nerves and he was trying to be aloof. I said “more like being a doof.” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
School. Thought he was a dick at school really, didn't like him much. He used to try and wind me up all the time which he now says is because he fancied me and didn't know how to act 🤦‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:
We got speaking when we were both in college, became good friends then and we just sort of ended up together. 7 years later and I couldn't be without him.

• Heart