How did the covid-19 lockdown effect your weight. General thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you hear gove say that a degree of constraint would be needed for some time but they wanted to get us back to a reasonable normal.,. I expect it will be these sorts of measures by which they’ll do it. I have a mobile hairdresser but I think I feel better going to a salon like it’s described above than having somebody in my home.
I definitely think some sort of constraint is needed for a while I just don’t know how many people will actually show it but I would hope it can be done. I think I’d agree with you on that, just because you don’t know whose house they’ve been in before yours? Salon would definitely appear better in this situation I think

For those who are interested. Appointment at the hairdresser went well. Only people with appointments were allowed inside (no walk ins, not even asking for an appointment. There was a sign at the door asking you to call if you need an appointment). Only one more client (I think usually there are like 4-5). When I came in, I had to disinfect my hands and then we went straight to the hairwashing area (usually they look at the hair first, talk about what to do...) He was wearing gloves while washing my hair. Haircut was the same. They are not allowed to trim eyebrows because they would get too close to clients' faces. It went pretty well and I am extremely happy with my haircut. Couldn't go by bike though because apparently I have lost my keys 😂😱. So when I came back from the haircut I carried my bike (luckily it wasn't locked against anything) to a bikeshop and they opened it for me (still have the receipt). So that was also kind of a workout today. It was pretty funny how many people looked at me. I could see how they were thinking "do we have to call the police?" but my new haircut makes me look like a nice teacher or something like this so I think it helped I did it after the haircut and not before when I looked looked unkempt. 👩🏼‍🏫

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've done the same. Wine, biscuits, homemade bread etc has taken its toll! I did slimming world 2 years ago, lost 2 stone, left but still kept the weight off for a year, but I'm back to pre sw weight now :( started out trying low carb but I'm vegetarian. That, coupled with the limited shopping made it too restrictive. I've been doing 5:2 for a couple of weeks and am finding that much easier as well as my fitness pal. I may do the hour walk a day too.

I may be late to the game but listening to an audiobook really is helping me walk longer! And my library has an app with loads you can borrow so it costs nothing. Looking forward to getting back out today again!
I've nearly got through the Wolf Hall trilogy audiobooks sitting in the bath. Maybe if I'd done it walking instead, I wouldn't be living in my tracksuit bottoms!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My weight has started to creep down. I’ve subconsciously started eating two meals a day. I’m now having two meals I really want to eat. It’s cause I usually have a strong coffee and that’s been keeping me go till 10, then I’ve just been having an apple and then lunch about 12.30.
I’ve been doing couck2k too. Down about 7lbs in two week, despite having half a loaf of sourdough and sooooo much fried drive. X

Reactions: 4
I had been really good, eating well, exercising everyday. .... then TOTM. Just living off headaches, biscuits and no exercise while I deal with it. Once it's over I'll pick myself up again. Probably a good thing I'm next weighing in on 1st June.

Hope everyone else is doing well?

Oh and I didn't do 30 day shred. I didn't like the YouTube videos of other people doing it. HOWEVER if you 30+ and remember Billy Blanks and Tae Bo, he has been uploads quarantine home workouts which are brilliant

Reactions: 1
I love tae bo
Plus I’ve been doing the walking for weight loss currently up to 4 miles a day which takes about an hour (Leslie Sansone) - her voice is a tad annoying but music on and it becomes bearable

Reactions: 3
My diet has been so much better in the last two weeks but struggling to exercise. It’s too hot here in the day so has to be early morning or evening and just not motivated 🤣

I've lost one kilo since I started intermittent fasting which is less than expected (I think I started three weeks ago) but it's a start and considering I still eat lots of chocolate and pasta, it's alright I think... this week, I've also been more active. I started using my bike again to go to work, went on walks in the forest in the evening ...

I started CC using MFP since Monday so will weigh in tomorrow and see. I have put on a stone since start of lockdown and already had a 10lbs to loose so deffo need to work hard 😭just had roast dinner and chocolate cake as my treat of the week and hoping for a couple of pounds off when I weigh in tomorrow xx

I started CC using MFP since Monday so will weigh in tomorrow and see. I have put on a stone since start of lockdown and already had a 10lbs to loose so deffo need to work hard 😭just had roast dinner and chocolate cake as my treat of the week and hoping for a couple of pounds off when I weigh in tomorrow xx
Don’t beat yourself up too much. I’ve got about 4 stone to lose 🤣

Happy I found this thread. I am on a mission to lose a stone (I am short so weight gain shows on me).
Thought I would give you all an insight to what I am doing:
Breakfast is overnight oats and that keeps me full for 3-4 hours. Mid afternoon, I eat 15g packet of dairy milk buttons. Dinner is around 4.30pm-5pm and I eat protein with vegetables or a Weight Watchers meal. After Dinner I drink cold coffee with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
I do intermittent fasting so I eat between the window of 10am to 6pm. I have been doing intermittent fasting for a couple of years on and off though so I am used to this way of eating and unless I am still awake at 11pm, I find I am not hungry after 6pm.
I used to be a yo-yo dieter and loved to comfort eat, but the book that helped was ‘How to have your cake and your skinny jeans too’ by Josie Spinardi. It’s all about hunger directed eating so now I ask myself if I am really hungry and go by if my stomach has rumbled.
I find having a food routine really helps.
I've also been doing YouTube exercise videos at home and going for walks daily in my local park :)

Please excuse my ramblings but I need to get it out and get some outside views. I’ve lost weight previously on both WW and SW but then got complacent and gained it back. I have a sweet tooth and love carbs! I tend to either have a great day or an awful day. I lost about a stone since February And have kept it want to lose another 2/3 to get back to the size I was when I met my husband. He’s 2 stone underweigh and eats like a horse so no help, but he doesn’t really like carbs so I’m thinking of trying Keto to curb my sweet tooth.

I did SW with my mum and we did well then she got to goal and left, both her and my late grandma were obsessed with weight and every time we talk she tells me who has and hasn’t gained weight 😣

I'm at a bit of a cross roads, I’ve been following SW loosely but the wine and chocolate has outweighed any good I’ve done. Has anyone read simply Keto? I guess I just don’t really know where to go, I don't want to diet I just want to be healthy and eat normally. My nana and dad has type 2 and I’m worried I will to. Sorry it’s all been on my mind an I don’t really have anyone to talk to as everyone I know is thin 😔

Please excuse my ramblings but I need to get it out and get some outside views. I’ve lost weight previously on both WW and SW but then got complacent and gained it back. I have a sweet tooth and love carbs! I tend to either have a great day or an awful day. I lost about a stone since February And have kept it want to lose another 2/3 to get back to the size I was when I met my husband. He’s 2 stone underweigh and eats like a horse so no help, but he doesn’t really like carbs so I’m thinking of trying Keto to curb my sweet tooth.

I did SW with my mum and we did well then she got to goal and left, both her and my late grandma were obsessed with weight and every time we talk she tells me who has and hasn’t gained weight 😣

I'm at a bit of a cross roads, I’ve been following SW loosely but the wine and chocolate has outweighed any good I’ve done. Has anyone read simply Keto? I guess I just don’t really know where to go, I don't want to diet I just want to be healthy and eat normally. My nana and dad has type 2 and I’m worried I will to. Sorry it’s all been on my mind an I don’t really have anyone to talk to as everyone I know is thin 😔
I’ve done WW lost the weight put it back on.
same with SW and any other diet I’ve done.Soon as the blinkers come off and I’m at goal I go back to old habits.
They are good for a kickstart. But can get expensive if you’re not following it. Maybe try my fitness pal? Go on if it fits your macros and it’ll tell you how many calls to eat, and then don’t eat exercise cals.
Good luck.

I’ve done WW lost the weight put it back on.
same with SW and any other diet I’ve done.Soon as the blinkers come off and I’m at goal I go back to old habits.
They are good for a kickstart. But can get expensive if you’re not following it. Maybe try my fitness pal? Go on if it fits your macros and it’ll tell you how many calls to eat, and then don’t eat exercise cals.
Good luck.
That’s my thing too, feel fab take the breaks off and it’s all undone.

The only reason I haven’t considered MfP is I know I’ll eat lots of bad things to make up my calories. So I’m wondering if keto can help me get on top of my sugar cravings first. I’m a sucker for anything carbs or sugar 🙈

That’s my thing too, feel fab take the breaks off and it’s all undone.

The only reason I haven’t considered MfP is I know I’ll eat lots of bad things to make up my calories. So I’m wondering if keto can help me get on top of my sugar cravings first. I’m a sucker for anything carbs or sugar 🙈

I recon if you go keto, as soon as you come off you'll dive into the carbs and sugar. I know I would. Face first into a baked potato.

I recon if you go keto, as soon as you come off you'll dive into the carbs and sugar. I know I would. Face first into a baked potato.
Oh god.... that’s true. But I’ve been reading keto actually stops your cravings so when you come off (if done for long enough) you don’t actually want them. This whole weight loss thing is so hard, why is food so good.

Oh god.... that’s true. But I’ve been reading keto actually stops your cravings so when you come off (if done for long enough) you don’t actually want them. This whole weight loss thing is so hard, why is food so good.

Tell me about it. My initial weight gain came from medication, but I've been off it for a year and a half now. So it's just my eating thats keeping it that way. I know this time I need to just make it my lifestyle. Exercise more and stop eating sandwiches all day. I know if I do anything else, I'll restrict then binge. It's my cycle. Take something out, stuff my face with it.

Tell me about it. My initial weight gain came from medication, but I've been off it for a year and a half now. So it's just my eating thats keeping it that way. I know this time I need to just make it my lifestyle. Exercise more and stop eating sandwiches all day. I know if I do anything else, I'll restrict then binge. It's my cycle. Take something out, stuff my face with it.
This is me to a T. I was doing okay while I could go to the gym, but flouncing around my living room exercising is a no for me. I’ve done three lockdown runs and one YouTube 🙈

I guess I should be great full I’ve maintained in lockdown. I’m a either a diet angel or devil, stuffing my little piggy mouth with anything. My husband is skinny and leaves chocolate for months... I eat it 😳

Im trying not to be too hard in lockdown but I was hoping to come out of this having lost my weight 🤣

Follow James Smith PT on Instagram and facebook. He simplifies fitness and makes losing weight easy to understand. He also offers a calorie calculator so you can see how your calories should be. Warning though, he can be quite straight to the point and hates SW, Keto, Herbalife etc... his basic message is move more than you eat! X

Can’t believe I’ve lost 10lbs in the last 6 weeks just from walking and cutting my calories down a bit! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7