How did the covid-19 lockdown effect your weight. General thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm also struggling, I have gained nearly a stone. However I am still working but walking to work everyday which is 20 minutes each way. I honestly don't think my eating has been all that bad but clearly it has. I've also been drinking a lot more than usual and drinking wine. I've struggling with an ED in the past which has led me to have an up and down relationship with food where have been on on both ends of the scale. Binge etc. I'm now at my heaviest I have been in years and my mood is very low. I've decided to come of my pill and to stop taking my antidepressants to see if that helps as so much of my mood is focused on my weight but sometimes I cant find motivation because of my mood, its a bad cycle. There's not a day or hour goes by that I don't obsess, I've gone 6 months without dieting and maintained a good weight so scared to fall back into a diet trap. But I feel I need to track to lose. Sorry for the rant but I'm sick of my self! My husband said I should go to drs and talk about coming of my anti depressants - but I've just stopped myself? I'm 5"7 and 13.8 this morning usually around 12.7 and was 10 st when I developed my ED.
I agree with your husband, you should not just come off them. You need to medically weened off them - please do speak to your doctor.

I am glad I have maintained my current lockdown weight (all be it 3 stone heavier than when I met my husband). I turn 30 on friday so I am keen to enjoy it but mindfully and then as of Monday I need to up my exercsice and really keep and eye on things. I don't think I will be back at work full time until september at least and I would like to spend this time working on myself. I feel I have wasted the last 11 weeks but at lease I haven't gained!

I have a history of undiagnosed ED's and want to stay away from diets. I just want to eat better and move more. I cannot wait for my gym to open but for now I need to walk everyday, and keep and eye on calories.

Reactions: 2
I’ve lost a few pounds recently by swapping snacks for fruit, drinking more water and doing the couch to 5k. Don’t get sucked into the fad diets- a friend tried to get me on Herbalife and wanted over £100 for 3 weeks of the stuff! It has terrible reviews online as well! The best ones from the research I’ve done is Slimming World and for kick starting weight loss for a short time frame eg max of 3 weeks, Slim Fast. After that good diet and lots of exercise is the sensible way. Fitness Blender has loads of free home work outs with lots of variety and no equipment needed.

Reactions: 3
May was a terrible month for me - April I was flying it but the good weather and combination of being totally bleeping sick of living inside the four walls of my house turned me to my vice - bread. Several hundred loaves down I am starting today fresh, filling up on fruit and I am having ON oats for breakfast and a ham/tuna salad picky plate for lunch followed by a calorie counted Guosto dinner.
I got down to my goal weight last year - then me and my partner split up and I gained two of the five stone I lost. Again, bread and wine was the cause of that. We got back together and are totally happy now but I do joke all I gained from the breakup was a higher BMI :)
WE CAN DO THIS!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My relationship with food is awful. Always has been. If I’m happy I eat if I’m sad I eat if I’m stressed I eat.
Last year I got down to 10 stone 2 which is the lightest I’ve ever been in my life and it was great. Then my mum got sick and it’s been so unbelievably stressful that I’ve gained about 16 pounds now. I feel gross. A dress size bigger and can’t fit into the nice clothes I bought last year. All that hard work just to end up back here is so depressing.

I can’t seem to get a hold on my eating. When I lost the weight last year I know I was verging unto ED territory. I wouldn’t eat until around 6pm and then would only eat about 700 calories. I loved the control of it so I know looking back that it was dangerously close to ED.

My issue is now that it seems like such a big task. I do okay throughout the day then I get upset or anxious and I end up literally binging in the night telling myself I’ll start again tomorrow. This has been going on three weeks now and I’m so angry with myself. Last night I was awake at 3am and went to the kitchen and within five minutes I’d had a sandwich crisps and two chocolate bars. Didn’t enjoy them. They were just gone like that!

If anyone wants to buddy up or do weekly updates I’d be up for that I think it might help me. I don’t mind sharing weight and losses/gains etc.

Sorry for double post but I found this in Sainsbury’s and it is amazing. I absolute hate those skinny syrups they taste so synthetic but this is amazing caramel flavour for making iced coffees and putting on porridge etc. If you can get it give it a try it really made my iced coffee taste like a proper coffee shop one!

Attachments

Last edited:
We are not alone clearly ladies. Many of us struggle the same way. Let's all be positive and not slip back to ED ways... I'm currently listening to "just eat it" yes I'm up for the weekly drop in. Nice to talk to strangers about struggles etc especially those with seemingly similar situations. I've come to the river to have my tea in the sun. Cous cous salad with continental meats and fruit! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m also up for the weekly drop in. My husband is classed as underweight but eats like a pig and my mum just talks about diets constantly and I’d rather not talk to her about it to be honest. She got all high and mighty when we joined SW together a few years ago and got to target so left.

I’m trying my best to eat only when hungry. Find things to distract myself when bored and not deprive myself. My calorie goal is 1600 a day. I’m also in the Emma Drew lose 10lbs in June gang - on her thread.

Hey everyone. @Strawberry-pot , @hrh89 , @JoeBloggs @Amber90 and @Justhereforacreep (sorry if I left someone out but all my quoting got deleted)

May is done, let move on June. Lets try new habits and ways to combat this. I agree with whoever said the past 11 weeks have been a waste. You have to be in the right mindset to progress. But we'll get there. For me I won't join in weekly weigh ins just because I know it's a trigger for me (espically when I know TOTM always gets me) but happy to do everything else X

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey everyone. @Strawberry-pot , @hrh89 , @JoeBloggs @Amber90 and @Justhereforacreep (sorry if I left someone out but all my quoting got deleted)

May is done, let move on June. Lets try new habits and ways to combat this. I agree with whoever said the past 11 weeks have been a waste. You have to be in the right mindset to progress. But we'll get there. For me I won't join in weekly weigh ins just because I know it's a trigger for me (espically when I know TOTM always gets me) but happy to do everything else X
Hey if it helps we won’t post weights etc on here! Im happy to keep those things just to private messages. I would never want to deter you away from reading the thread xx

• Heart
I’m happy not to share weight but just how we are getting on ☺

BUT

If any of you start the #ad was sent some really good products to try... you’ll be getting blocked 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Do any of you use tracking apps? I HAVE to use MyFitnessPal otherwise I just know I’m underestimating what I’m eating!

I don’t know about you guys but buying a food scale was the best thing I did when it comes to tracking food intake.

@eye_rolling_always If you swipe up hun I have a link for you 🙊
I feel swiping up might produce 🖕 lol

In all seriousness... I'll weigh in again on 30th June because I just like doing it at the end of the month. Some people starting weight might be someone's end. But if you are starting private messages @hrh89 I'll be a buddy 😊

What I will say is to motive me to run more, last night I signed up to a virtual runner thing. I've paid 12 quid to run 20k in June... So I want my medal! Did 2k this morning before work.

Anyone else exercising or just dieting?

Totally agree the scales can trigger me! However will weigh in myself weekly but wont mention here. I've done 20k steps a run ate well and I'm going to watch killing eve feeling the best I've felt the whole of lockdown! I'm doing both.. not dieting just making better choices and eating food that makes me feel good (no more percy pigs) however having a small wine to celebrate a good day. Excersise does wonders to your mood! I've just started couch to 5k... no fun in the heat and I HATE running! All sounding postive girls xx

Before lockdown I was so active going to the gym 4/5 times a week, doing classes, lots of walking to and from and around work and since all that stopped I have lost ALL motivation. I start furlough end of the week so hoping to start getting back into fitness - I've seen Chloe Ting 2 week shred going around so might start that along with some walking or biking! I haven't gained much weight but my body's lost a lot of muscle development and i feel BLEUGH

I’ve joined nutracheck. Been recommended it by a few people as there can be massive inaccuracies on MFP. I’m going to start walking, I was also an avid gym goer pre lockdown and missing it a lot but I hate home workouts!

Reactions: 1
I’ve joined nutracheck. Been recommended it by a few people as there can be massive inaccuracies on MFP. I’m going to start walking, I was also an avid gym goer pre lockdown and missing it a lot but I hate home workouts!
What sort of inaccuracies? Curious as I use MFP

What sort of inaccuracies? Curious as I use MFP
Because mfp Is based on user uploads a lot of the information on calories or portion size is wrong. If found this On quite a few items, selected an item and the nutrition including calories are wrong in comparison to what’s on the packet.