Houseplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I completely get that and agree to a certain extent but what I will say is the plants we order are from a local nursery and will have been cared for so much better therefore last longer, buy cheap buy twice!
I've not noticed the difference in quality of the plants to be honest, had expensive plants that just died no matter what I did and that's annoying when you pay lots for one. That being said, the independent shops near me do have really interesting plants in sometimes and nice pots so it's worth it for that.

So happy to have randomly found this thread searching for something else I’m not an expert but I love plants

🌱 ❤🌱

My favourite plants are the free ones please do not be intimidated to learn how to propagate I have made so many baby plants half of mine are like this

You can get cuttings from friends / family too that makes it more affordable and you can sometimes get a rare variety

You don’t need to have a garden or balcony I learned from watching YouTube videos

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh yea!

A Woman on a local fb group was giving away spider plants, so I grabbed a couple.

Do I just ignore them basically until Spring?

And just put near a window?

Thank you!

Reactions: 3
Oh yea!

A Woman on a local fb group was giving away spider plants, so I grabbed a couple.

Do I just ignore them basically until Spring?

And just put near a window?

Thank you!
Very easy to care for. Water when soil is dry or close to drying out. I water mine about once 8-10 days. They like bright light but not full on direct sun.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I use Planta to keep track and take pictures of them as they grow, it’s so fun to look back on and see how they’re doing.
Just installed Planta as well, thanks for your tip 💞
My beautiful Lilie 🥰 should I be worried that one of the flowers is long time green?
Greetings to all plant lovers 🍀

IMG-e0b7ce74a06ef2173dabbe0a0442949b-V.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I need a new peace lilly. I had one that I divided into several plants. I decided to give a few away but got carried away and ended up with none 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Do what I did and plant some date pits. I have a huge date palm that's now about 15 years old and three younger ones coming up.

Oh, I should have said, sometimes it takes several months before anything happens. Just stick the pits in some soil, water occasionally and then exercise patience!

Reactions: 2
Snake plant grows slow but needs hardly any care / water that’s a hard one to kill for us accidental plant killers

I want to put up a wooden hanging basket or those macrame pot holder things on a ceiling hook so I can have a trailing plant hopefully grow all the way down to the ground

Some people you see on Insta and YouTube have made their house into a indoor jungle it’s not possible for me to get that obsessed due to lack of space otherwise who knows 🤣

Anyone do terrariums? I have started experimenting, received some beautiful mosses yesterday which was very exciting. Would love advice from experienced people!

Reactions: 1
Some people you see on Insta and YouTube have made their house into a indoor jungle it’s not possible for me to get that obsessed due to lack of space otherwise who knows 🤣
My absolute dream but home is as arid as a desert! Would love tropicals and ferns.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm turning my bathroom into a bit of a jungle room. I trying to trail a golden pothos up the wall with suction cups but it's pretty much hibernating right now. Hopefully in the summer it will take off again.

I got it at a decent size early summer and it grew fast.

Snake plant grows slow but needs hardly any care / water that’s a hard one to kill for us accidental plant killers

I want to put up a wooden hanging basket or those macrame pot holder things on a ceiling hook so I can have a trailing plant hopefully grow all the way down to the ground

I’ve had my snake plant since the first lockdown and I’ve only watered it about 3 times and it’s in the darkest corner of my room, sooooo easy to look after!

• Heart
Some more of my babies.
I bought my money plant for 50p from the school plant sale. It was tiny with just 3 leaves.
20230105_160836.jpg

And the snake plant from home bargains. It was half this size. Think I've only ever watered it once.
20230105_160903.jpg

I have a monkey plant too but he doesn't seem to be doing very well.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
PLEASE tell your care tips for your money plant! mine hate me and I’ve had three 😭 I’ve tried all different watering systems, different placements, different soils and I’ve had no luck!
Honestly, it's just in that pot, in my living room (which gets alot of light, but not much heat if that makes sense? The sun hits the front of my house, living room is in the back) and I water it only when it looks a bit sad. Its also just in basic soil, like the bags you get 3 for £15 at the garden centre. I've never bought special soil for any of my plants.

20230105_223415.jpg

Love my Alocasia ❤

A few Red Secrets, Lower Rider in the middle and a Dragon Scale just visible on the right.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve found my people! 😍

Absolutely adore all my houseplants - I live in a flat so it’s my way of bringing the outdoors inside! My favourites are my monsteras, although my mother monstera is out of control and not in a pretty way! She’s off for a holiday to my local plant shop soon so they can make her look a little less chaotic 🤣

Do any of you have tips on how to make begonias actually like me? I’ve never encountered such a dramatic plant in my life! One day it’s fine and then the next it’s wilting over the side of the pot!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh my gosh, a plant thread! Yey!!

I only got into houseplants last year but my collection has grown rapidly. Having them around brings me so much joy. I particularly like my Crassula Marnieriana although I managed to kill the first one by overwatering I think. Fingers crossed for the latest one.

I've also not had much luck with a prayer plant, a spider plant and a string of pearls which was deceased within a week 😳. One of my cats killed my Kentia Palm and my Yucca by using the pots as a litter tray grrrr. I took the Yucca to the tip today, it was oozing some very manky stuff from the trunk.

I've got lots of different types of snake plants, I like the quirky cylindrical one the most I think. I also have a rather beautiful monkey's tail cactus. I've recently bought one with soft, pink leaves (Syngonium Neon Robusta) and I'm waiting for the arrival of a Peporomia Polybotrya and some trailing one I can't remember the name of.

I'd quite like an elephants ear (Alocasia Zebrina) at some point and a Crassula Perforata (string of buttons).

I've really enjoyed learning the about the different families of plants and am beginning to recognise different species now although but mostly I just feel an immense sense of peace and wellbeing by having them all around me. I think I might be a bit obsessed though because I'm running out of places to put them.

• Heart
Oh my gosh, a plant thread! Yey!!

I only got into houseplants last year but my collection has grown rapidly. Having them around brings me so much joy. I particularly like my Crassula Marnieriana although I managed to kill the first one by overwatering I think. Fingers crossed for the latest one.

I've also not had much luck with a prayer plant, a spider plant and a string of pearls which was deceased within a week 😳. One of my cats killed my Kentia Palm and my Yucca by using the pots as a litter tray grrrr. I took the Yucca to the tip today, it was oozing some very manky stuff from the trunk.

I've got lots of different types of snake plants, I like the quirky cylindrical one the most I think. I also have a rather beautiful monkey's tail cactus. I've recently bought one with soft, pink leaves (Syngonium Neon Robusta) and I'm waiting for the arrival of a Peporomia Polybotrya and some trailing one I can't remember the name of.

I'd quite like an elephants ear (Alocasia Zebrina) at some point and a Crassula Perforata (string of buttons).

I've really enjoyed learning the about the different families of plants and am beginning to recognise different species now although but mostly I just feel an immense sense of peace and wellbeing by having them all around me. I think I might be a bit obsessed though because I'm running out of places to put them.
Cats are such a damn menace! I had a beautiful chain of hearts until my cat capsized it into his litter tray below 😡🤣

• Haha
Cats are such a damn menace! I had a beautiful chain of hearts until my cat capsized it into his litter tray below 😡🤣
It was the moment I was sweeping up yet more soil and suddenly swept up a poo with it that I realised I was in trouble. The poor Yucca started off with three trunks 😆.

• Haha