Houseplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone advise what these are and how to get rid of them? I only have a few plants and I repotted them all a little while ago, and they have taken over my entire house, even rooms that don’t have plants! Any advice? I have the sticky traps everywhere and I have ordered some new soil to repot but I feel ill at how many there are 😂😭
Nemotodes were the only thing that worked for me x

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I’ve just accepted the fact that they’re uninvited lodgers and here to stay 🙃🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Its already sprouted a couple of leaders with Babies on the end so I guess I'll be over-run soon enough :)

Reactions: 1
Anyone know what's going on here? This long thin thing grew at the top of my small rubber plant and after a few weeks dropped off. Was it going to be flowers that didn't bloom? Can I use it to propagate? It feels kind of squidgy.
IMG_20230912_162106.jpg

It looks like a flowering stem to me, similar to the flowering stalk on an Anthurium - definately not a leaf.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I think you’re right! Rubber plant. I will take it out of the window as I just read that they don’t tolerate direct sun. Thank you 🪴🩷
Mines happy in an east facing window. All the best to yours!

Sadly I don't have the problem much direct sun anywhere.
I've had a usual green ficus plant which is over 6ft just drop most of its leaves over the past month. I think it might have got dry at one point (the leaves that are dropping are green though) but I think what's happened is that I'm behind in pruning a plant outside which has limited its light which was already only coming through an east window that's between a house wall and fence. I'm so sad. It has one tall stalk with only about 5 leaves on it and two offshoots at the bottom which are doing better, should I cut off the tall stalk? I'm going to find that hard!

• Heart
I feel like the fungus gnats are having a party this week despite it getting so much colder!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Any recommendations for a nice colourful plant for a kitchen window. It’s fully south facing so very bright and direct sunlight (well as much as there is in the north of England) I did have a citrus plant but think I have finally killed it 🙈

Reactions: 1
Hi.. has anyone got advice of how to bring a coconut back to life and care for it. The leaves are going black. Any advice Is welcome. Thanks