Houseplants

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had issues with fungus gnats in their plants? I put one of those little yellow sticky things in my propagated spider plant and it’s covered in them on both sides! It’s rank!
I’m dreading this as I’ve expanded my plant collection a lot over winter! 😭 Already starting to see the blighters re-emerging! I’ve started bottom watering all my plants as apparently this can help?

Reactions: 2
It’s interesting. I know hydroponics on an agricultural scale but didn’t think of it for houseplants. I bet it cuts down on soil-borne disease and pests.

Reactions: 1
Tell me your secret! I kill every damn calathea that comes into my flat 🤣
I’ve only had him for a week so I just got lucky I think!

I have another calathea though- an orbifolia, that is also very happy. He lives on my kitchen windowsill that is to the side of the house so he gets light but not direct sunlight. I just water him once a week.
E97C84A9-A75C-4F4C-BA62-E3513B42208D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve only had him for a week so I just got lucky I think!

I have another calathea though- an orbifolia, that is also very happy. He lives on my kitchen windowsill that is to the side of the house so he gets light but not direct sunlight. I just water him once a week.
View attachment 1994802
This is the last one I had and it died within two weeks! It’s a mystery cos every other plant seems to thrive 🤣 You’re winning the calathea game! 💕

I have two prayer plants, I chanced putting one in a north facing window and it was a right drama queen about it. Did not like. They’re both in south facing rooms now and are thriving ✨

9D97E7CB-6729-4F68-AD3F-7E4320F377F8.jpeg

• Heart
Came across something Called hydroponic and thought I would try it with my peace lily and philodendron.
It has been 2 weeks and both plants are still alive.
Do you keep them constantly filled? I would have thought the roots would rot/become overwatered

I've been giving away my plant babies, you mean I can sell them?!
*Where's my secateurs 😆*
I am using it as a way of selling all the small decorative pots I've collected from lidl and aldi plants. Pots on their own don't sell. Plants on their own don't sell. Put plant in a pretty pot and it sells 🤷‍♀️

Another pic from me, this is Big Dave who lives in my home office. I love seeing photos of everyone’s plants, keep em coming!
AC8AC96B-BCDB-4A13-A768-4FED417D0FA5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7