HouseByWhitehorns #3 Sarah Battle has landscaped, tablescaped & bedscaped, will she have Barry manscaped?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the whole set up with the anniversary dancing, posing on the sofa in the wedding dress was weird AF. I think there’s a want there, a need for attention for sure.

I saw a story on Caroline’s (A House by the Trees) Insta. She did the Amsterdam marathon this past weekend and her toddler thought she had gone to have a baby as the last time she was away from him was to have her youngest child. The contrast between her and Battle couldn’t be more glaring. Caroline is always with her kids whereas Battle seems to be away at the drop of a hat and when she is with them they are Insta fodder.

All Mams need down time for themselves, it’s just that Battle seems to have an excessive amount of free time for someone with 5 young kids and a demanding Insta career.

Reactions: 11
I thought the whole set up with the anniversary dancing, posing on the sofa in the wedding dress was weird AF. I think there’s a want there, a need for attention for sure.
She’s ‘obsessed’ with that dress…it’s not the first time she’s pulled it out. Odd behavior from a grown ass woman.

Reactions: 8
Very odd, imagine pulling out your 'non' wedding gown to put on for Instagram pics with your family.
I think ‘narcissistic’ is the word to describe her behaviour and actions. I barely know where my wedding dress is let alone try it on and set up photos for the gram 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
She’s ‘obsessed’ with that dress…it’s not the first time she’s pulled it out. Odd behavior from a grown ass woman.
I think she struggles massively with decision making, so I'd say its like oh well i didn't wear the dress, wish i did, but I'll just put it on instagtam so everyone knows i have nice things. Even though its actually cat i have to say, cat!

But like its the strangest thing i ever seen, taking pics of yourself fake laughing in an 8yr old wedding dress. Oh and also so
we'll be like omg she still fits into it. Actually why do i even look at this one's page? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
I think she struggles massively with decision making, so I'd say its like oh well i didn't wear the dress, wish i did, but I'll just put it on instagtam so everyone knows i have nice things. Even though its actually cat i have to say, cat!

But like its the strangest thing i ever seen, taking pics of yourself fake laughing in an 8yr old wedding dress. Oh and also so
we'll be like omg she still fits into it. Actually why do i even look at this one's page? 😂
Could not agree more about the decision making. The whole account has no discernible angle or flow. She throws up things that don’t logically go together. Like last night - kids dancing, wedding anniversary, then a couple of outfits need a night out, rounded off by a fundraiser. She comes across as all over the place at times. Mind you with seemingly being out of the house as much as she is I could understand why she might be scatty and disorganised.

Also, it’s very evident she is reading here and trying to make adjustments. I think that she probably feels that she can’t do right for doing wrong given the criticism levelled at her. She shares a lot more fundraisers, local interest items and local businesses nowadays. Contrast that to her sell sell sell approach during the lockdowns, during which I felt she came across as totally tone deaf, given the circumstances. I think she is struggling to find the sweet spot between being relevant, producing interesting content (without featuring kids) and reeling in the part of her that is unrelatable, braggy and needing validation. The problem is during the pandemic she set out her stall with the clothes sizing references, the flawless supermama persona, the constant shopping, tokenism towards sustainability and her over exposure of the kids. It’s hard to reinvent yourself from there and it comes across as lacking authenticity if she tries. She showed people who she is and has been critiqued for it so to try to change tack now would be challenging. I’d imagine the other InstaHuns are watching and learning.

• Heart
Correct @PPHat - she has backed herself into a corner. However I do think she has issues and has started to look her age despite the treatments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Could not agree more about the decision making. The whole account has no discernible angle or flow. She throws up things that don’t logically go together. Like last night - kids dancing, wedding anniversary, then a couple of outfits need a night out, rounded off by a fundraiser. She comes across as all over the place at times. Mind you with seemingly being out of the house as much as she is I could understand why she might be scatty and disorganised.

Also, it’s very evident she is reading here and trying to make adjustments. I think that she probably feels that she can’t do right for doing wrong given the criticism levelled at her. She shares a lot more fundraisers, local interest items and local businesses nowadays. Contrast that to her sell sell sell approach during the lockdowns, during which I felt she came across as totally tone deaf, given the circumstances. I think she is struggling to find the sweet spot between being relevant, producing interesting content (without featuring kids) and reeling in the part of her that is unrelatable, braggy and needing validation. The problem is during the pandemic she set out her stall with the clothes sizing references, the flawless supermama persona, the constant shopping, tokenism towards sustainability and her over exposure of the kids. It’s hard to reinvent yourself from there and it comes across as lacking authenticity if she tries. She showed people who she is and has been critiqued for it so to try to change tack now would be challenging. I’d imagine the other InstaHuns are watching and learning.
Correct @PPHat - she has backed herself into a corner. However I do think she has issues and has started to look her age despite the treatments
Totally agree. She needs constant validation and without the kids she has nothing to post.

Will be interesting as the twins get older what she will post?

Reactions: 5
Totally agree. She needs constant validation and without the kids she has nothing to post.

Will be interesting as the twins get older what she will post?
She will be posting pics of her school lunch cos she’ll be back teaching spotty teenagers…
Her insta content is irrelevant and irritating in equal doses.

I think she struggles massively with decision making, so I'd say its like oh well i didn't wear the dress, wish i did, but I'll just put it on instagtam so everyone knows i have nice things.
💯 nail on head @Lighthouse2028

Reactions: 1
I've tried really hard not to reply on this thread after yesterday's posts because I watched her stories and I thought that right there is a woman who looks like she is coming unhinged.

I totally agree with her indecisiveness and need for validation, I think one feeds the other. She's indecisive not because she likes things equally but because she wants to pick the one that will get her the most validation. Her actual wedding dress would have been bang on-trend 8 years ago (as was the whole look including hair and shoes etc). The other dress was probably a bit more out there, more whimsical and not as sophisticated, although still trendy. She got cold feet and went for the mainstream option. Fast forward 8 years and she really wants to show off that it's her anniversary and bask in all the glory (read: account engagement) it will bring but trends have well and truly moved on and the dress she chose hasn't aged well. But the dress not worn has aged better so in an attempt to have it all she shares the badly aging photos to garner the Insta love, shares the other dress in a covert attempt to show she didn't make a mistake in her original choice and glosses over it all with a very misjudged attempt to be relatable (for all the reasons other Tattlers have already mentioned).

She failed on every count because the whole thing was so contrived it showed her up for exactly what she is - a woman deeply lacking in happiness. That's the only theme that pulls her otherwise all-over-the-shop account together. Sahara likes to spin it as 'lifestyle', which in a way it is but it's the opposite of what she is trying to portray. Her lifestyle is not very a nice one at all once you scratch the surface.

Her account screams deep unhappiness and I would suspect some deepening mental health issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I reckon that dress cost thousands back in the day as Sarah is a show off and she likes to flaunt her wealth. Remember she did a photoshoot when the twins were born in it too? At cost per wear it’s probably worth it’s price now!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I reckon that dress cost thousands back in the day as Sarah is a show off and she likes to flaunt her wealth. Remember she did a photoshoot when the twins were born in it too? At cost per wear it’s probably worth it’s price now!
God ya remember that 🙄🙄 god help her i feel sorry for her sometimes. He's even weirder for taking part....

Reactions: 5
She fucked up. Her slip dress was nothing great. She should have worn the other one. She knows it now and is trying to make out that she is really cool and funky when she is not.

I have never met a mother so obsessed with themselves. Honestly - she has 5 little humans to nurture and she posts so much navel gazing.

Do ya reckon she will ever go back teaching?
I think she should for her sake and her kids, get off social media and go back to living a normal life. Instagram changes people and not for the better, always striving for perfection and likes. It's such a toxic environment and strips kids of their privacy.
It's so bizarre to me not knowing this family personally that if I were in the area and bumped into them I would recognise her children and Id also know the layout of of their home and what their bedrooms look like. How does this not terrify a mother???

Reactions: 11
I think she should for her sake and her kids, get off social media and go back to living a normal life. Instagram changes people and not for the better, always striving for perfection and likes. It's such a toxic environment and strips kids of their privacy.
It's so bizarre to me not knowing this family personally that if I were in the area and bumped into them I would recognise her children and Id also know the layout of of their home and what their bedrooms look like. How does this not terrify a mother???
Couldn’t agree more. All these instahuns are spending their precious lives checking their likes and comments for the most part of the day and if they re not checking it, they re thinking about their next post, new content etc. They re all trying to outdo each other. Constantly looking at each other stories and posts. What a horrible horrible way to live. And then not being able to walk down the street without people looking. Although I do think some of them love this, love the attention and notice and the self importance and narcissism is what really annoys me. Who do they think they are. And what are they really.. mothers begging on the internet for free bees. Selling their souls and their children souls for money. Pure evil and greed. No time for it. Not if I was offered millions…

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Couldn’t agree more. All these instahuns are spending their precious lives checking their likes and comments for the most part of the day and if they re not checking it, they re thinking about their next post, new content etc. They re all trying to outdo each other. Constantly looking at each other stories and posts. What a horrible horrible way to live. And then not being able to walk down the street without people looking. Although I do think some of them love this, love the attention and notice and the self importance and narcissism is what really annoys me. Who do they think they are. And what are they really.. mothers begging on the internet for free bees. Selling their souls and their children souls for money. Pure evil and greed. No time for it. Not if I was offered millions…
All the same. Once a build now a home is another one at it. There’s another one at it every other day.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.