Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HEC1993

Chatty Member
So not so much a film but on sky history I just watched the real conjuring story. It was very good! Extremely creepy. Worth a watch

greenvelvet

VIP Member
i used to love horror films in my early twenties but I’ve gone off them a bit recently.

I used to really like Get Out, the Witch, the Conjuring (1 & 2), the Mist, Fright Night (I love a good vampire flick am ngl lol), the Woman in Black, Cargo, Attack the Block, Shaun of the Dead…can’t think of any more right now

Gerald’s Game scared the shit out of me lol

monga

VIP Member
It's free to watch on Amazon Prime with ads or you can rent it.
Thanks, I might watch it later in the week, it looks exactly my type of movie,currently watching The Woman In The Wall ,think it’s a regional programme but full of twists and very creepy.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
The Changeling is one of my favourite horror movies. Still holds up today though I suspect it's long overdue a proper remake.
I hope not, they will add CGI that will overwhelm everything. They will ramp up the gore, and they will probably use a muted colour palete. Basically they will do everything that I hate, about modern films and TV shows.

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Very much into my folk horror at the moment, reading autumn/harvest short story collections and have discovered that they've made "Starve Acre" (by one of the best folk horror authors IMO) into a film, thoroughly recommend reading his other books in addition to seeing this film.

Also found this interesting looking trailer for Falling Stars.

Spooky Season is on its way 👻

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what it's like, isn't it the same director as the Halloween reboot trilogy? Personally I'd have preferred them to have leaned more into The Exorcist 3 territory than rehashing the original but probably wouldn't get as much hype.

That's my viewing for tonight sorted then! I haven't seen it but have seen a lot of hype about it being pretty scary and people saying it really hit them because they had a fear of the dark as a child.

I didn't mind Barbarian but I think it really pinned it all on the core concept (instinctive trust calls) rather than the execution and it suffers for that.

I really liked Talk to Me, I don't think it was the greatest horror film ever made or anything but it certainly was fresh. I think the cast helped, everyone being pretty much unknown except Eowyn. Also despite it being released under the A24 banner it is definitely not an A24 film which I think was a nice surprise for a lot of people. It definitely has a strong finish, which is where a lot of similar efforts fall down.

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
Has anyone watched Talk To Me? Amazon Prime. Really good, I thought.
I will give The Sadness a try, I prefer subtitled films to badly dubbed ones, and SE Asian horror is good.
Watched it on Netflix thought it was good
Just watched Disappear Completely on Netflix that was good as well

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
No, not at all. Definitely give Whistle and I'll Come to You a watch. Not the John Hurt version, though, the original. I'll check out the Signal Man

I used to sit up late and watch the Hammer Horrors with my nan when I was little. Do you remember Dr Phibes? 😆

There's a lot of TV from the 70's-mid 80's that was rather creepy. In fact, there's a very comprehensive book that explores that era of TV and pop culture and it's overall creepiness.
The book sounds interesting, do you know the title?
Do you remember a children's series called "Children of the stones?" It was a brilliant series, really creepy. Some of it was filmed in Avebury in Wiltshire - well worth a visit.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Any Netflix recommendations? Fancy watching a good horror tonight as it’s Halloween - not keen on supernatural stuff but anything else!

Cobweb is up on Prime now - worth a watch if you like creepy noises in the walls types and jump scares.
Imaginary - really enjoyed this one. Bit daft in places but overall different enough twist/s on old tropes.

M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming "Trap" with Josh Hartnett looks good. Also "The Watchers" he's collabed with his daughter on, starring Dakota Fanning looks promising.

SophiaNicole

VIP Member
Has anyone here watched "The Sadness" ?
I think you'd have to be a proper hardcore horror film fan and also prepared to watch subtitled as this is from Taiwan.
This is BY FAR the most horrendous film I have ever seen but brilliant. Highly recommended :LOL:
The Sadness was so good but so disturbing! :LOL: :eek:

my last few horror films I watched...

Night Swim - I liked it, had some creepiness to it.

Gacy serial Killer next door .... boring, more like a tv movie.

The Exorcist Believer - it was good loved the Linda Blair cameo.

The Black Demon - just another shark movie, nothing special.. expected better