Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doyoureally?

I liked the fourth kind.

I also liked we need to talk about Kevin, not exactly a horror but I thought it was very good psychological type film. The book is also good.

They are not on Netflix though, just a general recommendation.

Not many people like it (that I know) but 28 days later I find a goodie! (Zombies).

Last edited:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I watched a new one last night. The Invitation. It was watchable enough but not exactly scary. It's about vampires

On a side note, if they are ever looking for an actress to play Meghan Markle in anything, the lead actress in this is a shoe in. Her name is Nathalie Emmanuel.

Realitybites

VIP Member
Has anyone seen Abigail yet? Planning to in the week. Seen it’s written by the same people who did Ready or Not? which is a great film

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Having said I don't like slasher stuff I am quite tempted to give 'Slasher' the series a go on Netflix.

'Long Legs' sounds good. I do like Nicolas Cage.

Holly Golightly

Just watched a short film from 1990 called 12:01pm, starring Kurtwood Smith and found it scary than any slasher/monster film. Worth a look if you have thirty minutes, it's on Youtube!

Watched three I haven't seen before the last few days:

Crimes of the Future - glad I waited for this one on streaming, I feel like it didn't even deliver on it's main concept or premise which is a shame as there is an interesting story lurking in the script.

From Beyond - a classic 80's offering and I can see why, nothing groundbreaking these days but also doesn't mess about, straight into the horror which I didn't mind.

Ghosts of War - I liked the concept of this but it never really got there, I think in the end there were too many ideas in the script and someone should have stepped in and trimmed it back. The opening scene immediately annoyed me though :ROFLMAO:

a group of Allied soldiers asleep outside in Nazi occupied France and no-one is on watch!

Luce0331

VIP Member
I love the Saw movies

Hate anything with ghosts / supernatural storylines

Also love the Scream movies!

Anything with boring old murder, none of this ghost/alien/werewolf crap!
Yeah I hate supernatural shit! Unfortunately it seems that’s what most horror films are about in this day and age

Furrytriangle

VIP Member
Hi there! Any suggestion on horror/Halloween movies to watch that are on Netflix/Iplayer/prime? Happy with gore/jump scares!

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I also really liked this one! But I think I like anything by Mike Flanagan…

I did think it funny though that they chose a really clean contemporary look for the most of it when Poe wrote kind of ridiculous, over the top gothic stories. It worked I think but an interesting choice!

the guy who played Frederick was so good at being hateful! His death was very deserved!
And the guy who played young Roderick was terrible 😅 genuinely a plank of wood…
Henry Thomas was gross. Such a slime. Long way from the little boy in ET 🤣

Mike Flanagan is excellent. I've loved, Hill House, Bly Manor and Dr Sleep. The lonely one I never got on with was Midnight Mass. I may have to revisit it.

DrLoomis

I think I've only ever seen the first of the Insidious films. Not sure what is going on with the new Salems' Lot. It should have been released last year but was pushed to this year but there is still no official release date. To be fair I'm not a big fan of remakes and the first Salems' Lot will take a lot of beating! (That bloody window scene!!)

I had it in my mind there was a new Paranormal Activity film coming out as well but it seems the most recent one was in 2021. I do enjoy those ones.

Is there a horror film that you have seen that really has creeped you out?

Lonewolf

VIP Member
I watched Late Night With the Devil last weekend. I thought it was good and I could see they were going for the Ghostwatch/Blair Witch thing. I just thought it tripped up a bit towards the end.
Yeah I enjoyed it to be fair, I liked the format as not your usual horror flick style was it? Bit different for a change!

I think abigail, the last omen & the new tarot one are all next on my to watch list 👀

Just watch says nowhere is streaming it for free oddly (given the month!) But you can rent it for £3.49 on Amazon, Apple, Sky, Youtube etc.

This is why I hoover up cheap second hand blu rays whenever possible, always nice to have the option when you want it.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
30 Days of Night
Husk
The Reeds
Zombieland (quite funny too)
Zombieland : Double Tap
Stakeland
Severance
Wilderness
Dog Soldiers