Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DrLoomis

I saw the new Exorcist last night. I wasn't blown away by it and I thought it fell a bit flat. That said, it was a busy screening with people coming and going plus talking and phones going throughout so I will give it another try when it releases on Sky. I want to like it but it just didn't hit the mark for me.

We are debating about maybe going to a late screening of Saw X tonight as well.

Reactions: 1

Venlicon

Chatty Member
I love horror films, but they mess with my head so bad 😂
Three films I have watched and thought WTF 😨
Mum and Dad - British horror which is totally fucked up
The loved ones - Australian horror
Martyrs - French horror with subtitles

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
Having said I don't like slasher stuff I am quite tempted to give 'Slasher' the series a go on Netflix.

'Long Legs' sounds good. I do like Nicolas Cage.
I’m a fan of slasher - enjoyed the series. It is gross but still fun.
Yeah I do like Nicolas Cage too. He’s got another movie coming out called Arcadian that also is something I’d watch.
Seems like a good year for horror 🤞🏼

Luce0331

VIP Member
There’s a film on Netflix called The Visit. I went to see it in the cinema a few years ago and actually screamed out loud. I’ve watched it a few times since and it always scares me. It’s not so much a horror. More a psychological thriller but lots of jump scares and a good twist.
Another good film on Netflix is The invitation.
Ooo I actually noticed The Visit on Netflix the other day but i thought it might be too scary 😂 but I love thrillers so I think I’ll give it a go thanks!

Looking forward to Saw X ... especially some of the upcoming traps

The one seen in the trailer where the guy has to CUT OUT PART OF HIS OWN BRAIN to escape looks horrifying! There's also the one shown on the poster with the other guy with tubes over his eyes, at a film festival event in the US they showed a clip of that scene which reveals that after he fails to break all his fingers he gets his eyes sucked out through the tubes!!

My husband refuses to watch it with me as he thinks they're ridiculous movies so I guess I'll go on my own lol

Marie2472

Oh, I love horror movies! Horrors and thrillers are my favourites so I can recommend plenty of them! If you want to get scared I can really recommend Halloween (which I see someone above has already recommended but it's really worth seeing!). I also love Amityville which is based of facts. And of course: insidious, it, the nun, 1922 and split (but it's more a thriller).

Vidyagaymes

Just finished The Fall of the House of Usher.

Really enjoyed it.
I also really liked this one! But I think I like anything by Mike Flanagan…

I did think it funny though that they chose a really clean contemporary look for the most of it when Poe wrote kind of ridiculous, over the top gothic stories. It worked I think but an interesting choice!

the guy who played Frederick was so good at being hateful! His death was very deserved!
And the guy who played young Roderick was terrible 😅 genuinely a plank of wood…

I saw the new Exorcist last night. I wasn't blown away by it and I thought it fell a bit flat. That said, it was a busy screening with people coming and going plus talking and phones going throughout so I will give it another try when it releases on Sky. I want to like it but it just didn't hit the mark for me.

We are debating about maybe going to a late screening of Saw X tonight as well.
Did you see saw is it worth going?

I watched February/The Blackcoat's Daughter last night. I enjoyed it but felt it could have been fleshed out a little bit more, especially when I think a few parts shown from another character's perspective could have been axed instead. Still, nice atmospheric 90 minutes.

Realitybites

VIP Member
I cannot find the original Friday the 13th on anywhere to stream. Watching Sinister 2 right now as only watched the first recently

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
I’ve been rewatching the final destination movies over the last few days. I forgot how much I loved the first 2! I know they’re predictable but I love them. The concept I actually think is brilliant and is quite scary that death has an “order” and will come back for you if you cheat it

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Really like your suggestions there. Recently watched Qatermass and the Pit and found it genuinely creepy. I'd also add the original 'Whistle and I'll Come to You' to that list.

Also a fan of Rosemary's Baby, Don't Look Niw and the 70's remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
Yes I have heard of Whistle and I'll come to you, not seen it yet though. Don't look now is an absolute classic film, but difficult to watch because of the subject matter - grief.
May I also recommend The Signal man, and if you fancy a binge watch Hammer house of horror, its not a film but a 13 part series. Some episodes are better than others though. Hope I haven't bored you.