Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m trying to watch a horror movie a day for October- started with Evil Dead Rise yesterday. The
cheese grater scene 😬😬😬

Later in the month I’m away for a few days- if anyone has recommendations for ones that are Netflix, prime or Disney + that I could download would appreciate it 😊
I am also doing this!

I did The Nun last night and Evil Dead (2013) today.

Reactions: 1

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The First Omen.

I thought it started off a bit meh but then it got going. Pretty good for a prequel I thought and lots of references to the original Omen to make it all tie in.

Lonewolf

VIP Member
Love this thread 👹 🤣

Watched immaculate, enjoyed it & agree with poster above and it being thought provoking!

Finally got around the watching the last insidious red door - awful....but I get that's what happens when you keep remaking them.

And lastly has anyone watched night with the devil? I watched it last night on a recommendation, 😳

Lonewolf

VIP Member
What does everyone think of the new Russell Crow movie coming out in April?

Not his usual style but looks good and the fact it's based on a true story 😳 hope it's decent 👌

DrLoomis

We are going to watch The Pope's Exorcist tonight (or maybe tomorrow) I'm looking forward to seeing it.

We watched M3gan last week as well. I thought it was okay, I'm sure that will be another one that will turn into a franchise. Has anyone seen Winnie The Pooh Blood and Honey? It looks mental!

Also someone mentioned The Descent earlier, my wife and I both love horror films but when we saw that in the cinema she totally freaked out at it and I basically had to carry her out of the screening because she was so scared. Needless to say, she hasn't watched it again or the sequel!

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
Thirteen ghosts used to be one that always got me when I was a bit younger.
I did like a haunting in Connecticut too that freaked me out a bit on the first watch.

I tend to prefer serial killer/slasher/who done it type horror stuff over the paranormal films if I’m honest. They don’t really make many of these films anymore.

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
Yeah I enjoyed cobweb right until the end part. It turned silly haha.
I haven’t seen no one will save you (I don’t think).

I watched infested on prime the other week, it’s in French but I enjoy that actually.
I also watched late night with the devil and didn’t really think much of it tbh. But then again, those types of horror movies are not really my bag.

Waiting for Abigail to reduce from £15.99 on prime before I buy that 🤣

Cinnabun

Chatty Member
Host is fantastic! Shame the director's follow up wasn't great by all accounts, haven't seen it yet.
I actually liked it. People didn't seem to like the fact that the main protagonist was unlikeable, but it didn't really bother me. It's creepy and twisty.
---
Has anyone seen Talk To Me? I thought it was good, but people have been absolutely RAVING about it, and I didn't think i was THAT good.

Mind you, I though Barbarian was meh.

Talk to Me is a lot better than Black Phone for me personally. I loved Talk to Me and thought it was really fresh, though I have seen mixed opinions.

Poggypig

VIP Member
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned as new to the thread but a bad bad horror film I watched mum and dad think it came out in 2008iys disturbing

Sw4

VIP Member
Not a film but series- The Haunting of Hill House is genuinely one of the most jumpy things I've seen and unlike most horror films it actually has a decent storyline, it's more of a horror family drama mix I guess?

The Omen (original) is good especially when you read up on what apparently happened to some of the cast and crew afterwards.

I liked Hereditary until the ending. Midsommar was plain weird, it wasn't really a horror it was just freaky!
I do enjoy The Conjuring/Annabelle etc series for what they are, just cheap horror thrills. I also used to love the Final Destination films as a teen again for very cheap shocks.

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
There's already atleast one other film that's loosely based on the same guy (and might be easier to find/rent) - The Rite.
Anyone interested in Father Gabriele Amorth just Google his name, lists of books and films based on his work.

Also if exorcism is your jam then look into Padre Pio, some wickedly weird occurrences during his life!