Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HubertsWhippedCream

Chatty Member
Coming to join you as two episodes into fall of the house of usher and avid horror fan but it's not doing it for me so far!

Horrible film to add if it's not already on here : Calibre. So unsettling

EnglishRoseIrishRover

Last weekend I watched Annhiliation on Netflix. Not strictly horror but I enjoyed it very much, with echoes of The Mist (one of the best horror films made, according to me) and The Descent.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I loved Crimson Peak . To be fair I often enjoy Guillermo del Toro films, although they aren't all horror.

VIP Member
I love Hammer films and anything from the silent age through to the 80s slashers.
I'm also a lover of Hammer Films and also the TV series Hammer House of Horror which I have on DVD.
Big fan of Frankenstein, in fact I have most of the movies, bit of a collector but I will not get every film
because there are a few crap ones.

Dracula (original)
The Mummy (original)
The Omen trilogy
The Fly (original)

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Does anyone have any Netflix horror suggestions? Everytime I start something it's rubbish or I just spend 3hrs scrolling.

I like zombies, the occult, supernatural, dracular, witches etc. Anything based on true stories is always good.

Luce0331

VIP Member
Do you have any recommendations for horror movies that are actually good? Recently watched Annabelle and Hereditary and they were both crappy and overrated imo.
Are there any films that have decent acting and satisfying endings?

Jellybb

VIP Member
A little bump as it’s coming up to Halloween 🎃 tell us the most fucked up movies you have seen!
Being off work since April, I watched A LOT of strange movies😬
The girl next door (2007) absolutely traumatic
Megan is missing - every 14 year old should watch this!
we need to talk about Kevin. Harrowing
Has anybody any new suggestions for me please? 🤗

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
Yeah I’d say avoid it if you’re not a fan of slasher because it is absolutely gross 🤣 and probably didn’t need to be as gross as it was.

I did see that and added it to my watch list. Will give it a go. I’m looking forward to some of the horror films coming out this year. Long legs has peaked my interest already so hoping it will be good

If you want a good old fashioned chiller of a horror film, may I recommend The Changeling. It was made in 1980, with George C Scott in the lead role. I had not seen the film in years, but it was recently shown on the freeview channel Talking Pictures. Highly recommended.
The Changeling is a classic film.
Very atmospheric and deals with the theme of grief and loss beautifully.
I think it's one of George C Scott's best roles.
---
Wow I'd love to see the stage version!

I love The Exrocist 3 too. Apparently it is considered an unofficial trilogy of sorts, The Exorcist, The Exorcist 3 and The Ninth Configuration. I haven't seen the latter.

Watched The Conjuring 3 last night, originally saw it in the cinema, first film I went to see post-covid. Not as strong as the first but I prefer it to the second.

I ordered the new 4K special edition of Sleepy Hollow which arrived today so that might be tonight's offering.
The Exorcist III
Is a great film.
I haven't watched it for a while, so that might be my Halloween movie sorted!
I'm going to watch Exorcist Believer this week.
Obviously it won't be a patch on the original as for me- that bar is too high and with it being a cert 15, I imagine it'll be diluted.
More like "You're Mother cooks socks in hell" 😁

Last edited:

JD-Morgan

Sinister was the first, and probably only horror that actually gave me nightmares.

My other favourites include The Forest (2016) and Us (2019) very interesting and unique plot!
I Spit On Your Grave movies - but I find them very gruesome to watch.
All the Wrong Turn movies.
I Spit On Your Grave was awesome!

Us was ok, definitely very different and so creepy