Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

discodanman

Totally agree about the kids question. I thought her response was extremely rude. If it was that much of an issue, reply back to the person privately and let them know but do not open yourself up to questions then get pissed off if someone asks you something you don’t want to be asked.

Reactions: 5

Busybee

I don’t really follow Amanda now but I’ve just been having a nosy on her home insta - she’s calling herself an interior designer now? What’s she done apart from her own house and her husband’s bar?

• Haha

Abce3456

VIP Member
There are so many people that have profited thru lockdown in hospitality that pull the 'poor me' card.

The Bergson guy that has Thundercat and Bucks Bar is the fucking worst. He's a total rent-a-gob chatting about how it's so hard, that covid is a scam, then flew his whole family to Barbabos in the summer 🙃

Fuck the lot of them.
Makes it worse that’s he’s anti covid and a anti vaxer

bigkaren88

The Abandon Ship food place is now on Uber eats and is reediculously overpriced for what and where it is. The more established and amazing places in Glasgow are cheaper, so it’s a bold move, considering there’s no sit in at the moment/takeaway only , its a pandemic and they have just opened up , its defo a no to an £11 burger for me mate

Oops they did it again… shafting staff as a hipster pastime?

was just coming to this thread to post this!!! he’s locked his IG and turned off comments on the abandon ship IG too. presumably because he’s being held accountable for his actions… always so satisfying when companies who treat their employees like shit get exposed for it, but as someone who used to work at a really horrible establishment (not abandon ship lol) which will remain nameless, its sad when the staff are the ones who suffer as a result. like i bet the response from abandon ship will be the same as my old job’s, which was to sack those who were complaining or just give them less and less hours until they have to leave 🙃

• Sad

Dwight

Chatty Member
I had no idea Amanda had a thread, I'm here for this tea though lol. I used to follow both her and Rich but I work in a similar industry (to Rich) and he became very transparent quickly. I don't know much about them tbh but they annoy me. His bullshit life lessons are laughable, he's definitely got delusions of grandeur... he can't stick to anything he commits to but goes on like some inspirational well-established business man. Does my head in the way he constantly goes on about failing art too - yeah because you doodle and you doodle the same shit constantly when you're not stealing, sorry, 'reworking' other peoples work; hardly awe inspiring is it?

I don't even know what Amanda actually does tbh... what does she do? Is it just instagram since her shop of her old clothes closed? They both try waaay too hard, the "look how quirky we are" shit from both of them is juvenile and cringe. Makes me think they have the mental ages of 16yr olds.

I saw the "interiors" account shes made (🙄) and honestly I could write a whole essay on what a mess Amanda is making of that house but I'll keep it brief and just say what the fuck has she done to that kitchen 🤢

MustardCactus

Chatty Member
I keep seeing her mate with the orange hair pop up on TikTok doing Starbucks adverts all the time and she gives me the rage.

• Haha

hollybolly456

I had to unfollow her because she constantly gave off such bad vibes, she just comes across as SO mean and snide. Her and her dodgy husband have such a superiority complex.
The algorithm thing makes me laugh - ummm don’t blame Instagram for no one liking your content

Seen hubby has stepped down from AS effective immediately. Any tea on what’s gone on there?
I think somebody poisoned the waterhole.
By somebody I mean the internet.
Business is old hat and he can’t put anything together based on his supposed ‘values’ if he’s still affiliated with macmerry.

Onto the next swizz! Prob helping out their pals at junction 1 which is a pile of hot doo doo.

• Heart

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I’ve heard about embellishing your CV, but that’s a whole new level 😆. Her and walloper Richard are a match made in fantasyland.

• Haha

lauzyess

Mortified at all the people in the background in the abandon ship bar crossing the picket line 😩 Seems like these fools have support… from absolute scabs nonetheless.
Someone on twitter was called classist for calling out people for crossing the picket line because people “couldn’t afford to lose their £25 deposit” 😂
The brassneck of sitting with some overpriced cocktail across a picket line 🤢

• Haha

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
He is a wrong un through and through. Been getting away with it for years.

his wee fragile ego has locked his IG

Last edited:

Abce3456

VIP Member
Another annoying Glasgow blogger who is so far up her own arse! Cannot stand her.

Last edited:

Beans4bananas

VIP Member
Constantly trying to find work - Isn’t that what freelancers do. You’d think they’d be used to it by now.
Oh no, the lot of them are just work shy drips.
If you’ve got time to fanny about posing for photos I wouldn’t call it burnout. More like “not used to having to graft for cider money”.

Reactions: 4

grumpycat

VIP Member
So glad there’s a thread on this lot. My husband has had some dealings (nothing negative) with richard and I’ve never had a nice feeling about him. He throws shit at the wall to see if it sticks
I’m deffo intrigued about the HG drama as I follow Colin and his wife on IG

the lot of them open up businesses more than they switch pants

• Haha

TightShip

Apparently they left the house in Dundee (which they rented from hard grind owner) in a total mess, well, the garden! He posted something snide about it on Instagram. He’s a bad yin as well though to be honest.
What a riddy, he was in business with the owner of HG too before?

I've heard that he left some folk pretty fucked when he liquidated his business before.

Amanda doesnt seem to do enough in the way of ads to support herself, aside from her total vanity shop she had for a year, is she a kept woman?

I went into her shop once and she was a rude shit.

• Wow
If I’m honest I was rooting for them until the Abandon Shop incident. I like seeing youngish localish people doing something a bit different (for the time).

it just wasn’t the decent thing to do. You don’t screw over other small businesses, you don’t tread over your ‘friends’.
Although I think quite a few of us here have realised that all ‘friends’ are expendable for personal gain.

so many Glasgow ‘entrepreneurs’ and insta-wanks that would sell their granny for followers.