HomewithShan #6 Still ignores her kids & asks ‘why does George scream at me?’, would take a poke in eye for free

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also her latest reel that G was up crying and H woke as well - but Ash slept right through it all.

From the snippets she gives of how he is this does not surprise me. I can imagine she does every night wake, as well as all the stuff round the house

Reactions: 2
If I had 2 children that had both woke at night and my husband slept through it and it was the weekend, I would actively wake him up and make him go tend to one child while I looked after the other one. He literally just comes across as a sperm donor then has Shan mother him too.

Oh but wait, it's fine for him to be excused because he built the kitchen she so badly designed as he once said in a text she shared......!

If she can't see how useless he is coming across, can't her family or friends see it?! I don't even feel sorry for Shan at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
If I had 2 children that had both woke at night and my husband slept through it and it was the weekend, I would actively wake him up and make him go tend to one child while I looked after the other one. He literally just comes across as a sperm donor then has Shan mother him too.

Oh but wait, it's fine for him to be excused because he built the kitchen she so badly designed as he once said in a text she shared......!

If she can't see how useless he is coming across, can't her family or friends see it?! I don't even feel sorry for Shan at this point.
Oooo what text was that? I don’t remember that!

Oooo what text was that? I don’t remember that!
I can't remember exactly but I think it was something like he'd (unsurprisingly) left a mess before leaving to go work away and she'd sent a message and he replied something like "well do you want your kitchen fitting finished?!"

I can't remember exactly but I think it was something like he'd (unsurprisingly) left a mess before leaving to go work away and she'd sent a message and he replied something like "well do you want your kitchen fitting finished?!"
It was something spilled on the floor, maybe coffee?

How many times has she suddenly mentioned these leg pains in literally the last what.. 2/3 days now? Her moaning is just ridiculous

It's literally like ash is just an absent parent at this point, he never gets mentioned at all. However I do wonder if she's doing it purposely so she can continuously comment on how she's 'in the trenches' bla bla along with the other odd phrases she uses. When I talk to family etc about struggling with my son's behaviour it's rarely "I" and usually "we" because my partner experiences and lives with it too, even though he is at work longer hours and probably home less than ash is 😬
---
You'd honestly think that she's the first person to have two children 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and to make it worse she's always bragging about money etc, she could literally take them anywhere and do what she wants but she doesn't! Don't really know what she expects!
---
Like why aren't they going away as a family of 4? She apparently had an ✨amazing✨ time when she did the PR trip for haven, so why not do that again? While she's on maternity???

Reactions: 6
That video was a travesty. The part where she mentions she has done loads of research and taken George to loads of appointments about his leg pain looks as if it was built in response to our commentary 😂

I don't get why Ash not waking up has to turned into an argument. You give him a nudge, you tell him 'it's your turn to see to H or G' and he gets up. My husband doesn't always hear our kids or dog need assistance but if I give him a nudge he is always happy to help.

At this point she is just looking for arguments. How are they still together?!

Reactions: 3
I guess on the plus side, least when they split up and she has the kids on her own, she'll already be used to that life.

Also, I looked back at old threads to see if I could find a screenshot of the message I was referring to. I couldn't (tbh I didn't try very hard, bit like Shan's content 😅) but I did see while scanning that apparently she had seen that bananas can help with sleep (supposedly high in magnesium but also filling) so used to feed George a banana before bed and was apparently helping. This was about a year ago. Wonder what happened to that?! My first thought was she probably got fed up of having to pay for bananas as they don't come in a hello fresh box 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I believe he said build your own bleeping kitchen 😄 what a charmer!

He knocked a coffee over in the front room over the carpet and just left it. She posted about it and he messaged her and said "build your own bleeping kitchen". What an hole. Wipe your spillage and build the kitchen you big baby.
Interestingly, I got the impression she found it amusing.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I guess on the plus side, least when they split up and she has the kids on her own, she'll already be used to that life.

Also, I looked back at old threads to see if I could find a screenshot of the message I was referring to. I couldn't (tbh I didn't try very hard, bit like Shan's content 😅) but I did see while scanning that apparently she had seen that bananas can help with sleep (supposedly high in magnesium but also filling) so used to feed George a banana before bed and was apparently helping. This was about a year ago. Wonder what happened to that?! My first thought was she probably got fed up of having to pay for bananas as they don't come in a hello fresh box 😂
That was my first thought when she mentioned supplementation, shouldn't she have tried increasing the minerals in his diet first? Banana isn't the only way, G needs to have more greens but can also have fortified cereals and loads of other healthy foods.

Once again Lazy Shan attacks.
---
At the risk of taking us back the 50s I would say it does matter. Your dog could be eating toxic food off the floor, your kids need clean clothes. It does matter if those things aren't done.
And as she is home all day, only leaves once or twice a week and has a husband there isn't any reason why these things aren't done. You don't have to be Mrs Hinch but come on get the tit up off the floor.
Its not a question of IF, you/we should do those things, it's the when you do these things. And if you have two kids, a dog and in my case also a full time job, some of that cleaning and tidying doesnt get done straight away. And you kind of have to be ok with it and not panic like Shan does because some of it is unavoidable - your kids will always be priority over chores.

Of course if there's chocolate or something with onion/garlic which is poison for dogs, I wont wait picking it up. Or if my eldest had a wee accident (we are potty training), I wont let them sit in their own pee. But the majority of the chores get done at night when the kids are in bed and Im ok with that. No point crying over spilled milk.

Last edited:
That was my first thought when she mentioned supplementation, shouldn't she have tried increasing the minerals in his diet first? Banana isn't the only way, G needs to have more greens but can also have fortified cereals and loads of other healthy foods.

Once again Lazy Shan attacks.
---

Its not a question of IF, you/we should do those things, it's the when you do these things. And if you have two kids, a dog and in my case also a full time job, some of that cleaning and tidying doesnt get done straight away. And you kind of have to be ok with it and not panic like Shan does because some of it is unavoidable - your kids will always be priority over chores.

Of course if there's chocolate or something with onion/garlic which is poison for dogs, I wont wait picking it up. Or if my eldest had a wee accident (we are potty training), I wont let them sit in their own pee. But the majority of the chores get done at night when the kids are in bed and Im ok with that. No point crying over spilled milk.
I have 3 kids and a ft job too and it does matter if the washing isn't done or if my youngest is crawling around in food spillages. I don't just leave and think "oh I'm such a real mum". Kids need clean clothes so it does matter and it's not like Ash is there to pick up the slack.
G is in front of a screen and H is shoved on a mat. Her house should be a show home 🤣
The post I was originally referring to it would have taken her less time to grab the dustpan and sweep it up than it would to take a photo and post it.

Reactions: 5
I think as you become a parent or have a busy life, you prioritise what needs doing immediately versus what can be left until later. So to me, clearing up food mess would be done right away but maybe leave folding laundry until the children are in bed. I get the feeling Shan wants everything done while the kids are awake so she can do what she wants for herself when they're asleep, which is usually a "pamper" session which she can vlog to tag skin&me.

Essentially, Shan's biggest priority in everything she does is sharing it on Instagram or in a vlog. Like @Emsie says, rather than deal with the task which probably takes 2 minutes to do, she pisses about taking a photo and uploading it with text, which probably takes the same time, then George probably comes in and stomps on it, no doubt unintentionally, but she'll say it was on purpose then has a bigger mess to take a photo of tidy up.

I think as you become a parent or have a busy life, you prioritise what needs doing immediately versus what can be left until later. So to me, clearing up food mess would be done right away but maybe leave folding laundry until the children are in bed. I get the feeling Shan wants everything done while the kids are awake so she can do what she wants for herself when they're asleep, which is usually a "pamper" session which she can vlog to tag skin&me
Yes, I think you’re right here. She did famously say on a vlog once not to do chores when the kids are asleep. It can be done in their awake time. I’m all for a sit down at nap time but not every time, every day. That’s unrealistic when it comes to maintaining a home.

Wanting to do every piece of cleaning and tidying while the kids are awake when you have 2 of them plus a dog is a little unrealistic. Kudos to anyone that manages it (plus doing the social media stuff on top in Shan's case 🤣). But I literally couldn't.

I think what I was trying to say is that in those days when you have a toddler who needs to eat, a baby crying and the dog wanting to get out to the garden, you can't expect stuff to be done immediately. And if it causes you anxiety to the level that it does Shan (or at least that's what leads us to believe) maybe you need to relax a little.

One more thing her amazing free therapy didn't help her with 🤷🏻‍♀️🤪

Another reel that she’s copied and pasted about the naps. I’ve seen this one recycled about 100 times now 🥱 I don’t think she’s done a single original one. She’s such a sheep.

Another reel that she’s copied and pasted about the naps. I’ve seen this one recycled about 100 times now 🥱 I don’t think she’s done a single original one. She’s such a sheep.
Pretty sure she stopped George's naps months ago so it's not even relevant

Why has she let him fall asleep on the sofa at 7.10 though? Why not bath him and get him to his own bed even if she has to lie with him? She's gonna try and move him and he's gonna wake up!! And he won't be falling into a deep sleep on the sofa like that with the background noise. Honestly she doesn't help herself.

She’s so strange how does she not have a set bedtime routine for her child. Falling asleep on her like a baby. Dinner bath story and bed. This whole laying next to him for hours so he falls to sleep is not a bit of me. I would be looking for other solutions because I’m not wasting hours in my child’s bedroom of an evening when that’s the time I’m using to tidy up and have some me time.

She’s so strange how does she not have a set bedtime routine for her child. Falling asleep on her like a baby. Dinner bath story and bed. This whole laying next to him for hours so he falls to sleep is not a bit of me. I would be looking for other solutions because I’m not wasting hours in my child’s bedroom of an evening when that’s the time I’m using to tidy up and have some me time.
I watched her latest vlog, she was trying to get him dressed for the day and he was wearing clothes from the day before. She's letting him fall asleep and putting him to bed in his clothes instead of getting him ready properly and putting pjs on. He's probably been at nursery, playing outside and picking up germs, then sleeping in his dirty clothes 😫

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I watched some of her latest vlog and it is just such tragic viewing. Again she just repeats herself over and over, almost as though she wasn't happy with the recording so recorded the same conversation again but then forgot and left both versions in. She's useless. Also... she puts Halle down for a nap and then is filming her and George in another room and Halle is just crying her eyes out in the background. Like, sure, sometimes one of my babies is crying while I am dealing with the other one and there's not much I can do about it - I don't like it but there you go- but I am not FILMING it and putting it out there.