Homewithshan #4 Baby girrrrl is here, I need that content for the ‘gram”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it was VERY rushed wasnt it! So strange, it was rubbish in my opinion. As many have said above, birth vlogs are usually so cute and interesting, this one was dull as dishwater!
Maybe because Ash wasn't happy with her filming him/the birth, so she just did some quick clips when she was alone. It was very odd... She may as well have waited to do a sit-down talk through with a few clips in there.

Reactions: 2
Maybe because Ash wasn't happy with her filming him/the birth, so she just did some quick clips when she was alone. It was very odd... She may as well have waited to do a sit-down talk through with a few clips in there.
I was thinking the same, I don't think he'd let her vlog it. Did she vlog Georges birth?

Am I the only one that doesn't see what she wants to portray? Her salary isn't all that (I make a lot more but I am older than her). There will always be people better off and worse off than everyone, there is no need to show it off. The grads at my company make double her salary but they are all graduates from top universities and she just about went to college. Yet she makes it seem like she is some high flyer with her job as a glorified secretary. You can tell in how she speaks that she isn't particularly well educated.
She has to spend all of her life editing videos, filming content, thinking of content, showing her family etc for a pretty penny. She will eventually regret not spending more time living in the moment and enjoying her family.
I also can't stand how she pretends she's got her whole life together because she is married with a family. The best thing I ever did was having kids later in life. I have travelled the whole world and have incredible experiences that no money can buy. She will have to do all that in her mid-late 40s when it will not be half as much fun. All that if she can afford it while paying for her kid's education. She does not realise how much she has missed out in life.
No disrespect to young mums at all. There is just no need to show off whether you have kids or you don't. No choices in life are better than others.
Lastly, she thinks of herself as so attractive... again, opinions are like behinds, everyone has one. But it is pointless to think of yourself better than others because of how you look.
Her life is so... beige.
How much does she actually make now? I remember a few years ago watching one of her budget videos and she was saying how proud or her salary she was and I remember genuinely thinking good for her to be chuffed with what she earns at her age. god knows I spent enough of my 20s feeling under valued at work because I couldn’t be assertive enough to ask for payrises or to move companies to get more money when I was being underpaid.
No idea what she’s on now though.

Reactions: 2
How much does she actually make now? I remember a few years ago watching one of her budget videos and she was saying how proud or her salary she was and I remember genuinely thinking good for her to be chuffed with what she earns at her age. god knows I spent enough of my 20s feeling under valued at work because I couldn’t be assertive enough to ask for payrises or to move companies to get more money when I was being underpaid.
No idea what she’s on now though.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure on her last budget video it worked out to around 38k FTE. To me this is a good salary, especially considering her age and her not having went to university or anything and her job doesn’t seem particularly stressful. God I would love to earn that but I’m a band 4 NHS, so comments saying her salary isn’t very good make me feel poor 😂 as much as I can’t stand her, I do think she’s done well to get where she is job wise. (Probably the only thing she has done well at).

Reactions: 8
I think for her age, she's on a good wage and on paper is "successful" (another NHS band 4 person here 😂) as she's got a good wage, extra income, on the property ladder and in her eyes being married and has children is a mark of success. However, she hasn't really had to slog it like most people her age have to at some point, she's so disconnected from reality.

Reactions: 3
A lot of the time a salary is just a mark of the type of job you do, nothing more. You can be in sales and make a ton of money and be completely uneducated.
Frankly I have A LOT more respect for you "band 4" people as individuals (and most people would feel similarly) than anyone else selling their fake life on social media trying to get free worthless stuff.

Reactions: 5
Not to stand up for her but she isn’t a glorified secretary… she has quite an interesting job in the civil service which can catapult you to some really fascinating roles. Considering how young she is, £38k is amazing.

Reactions: 6
Not to stand up for her but she isn’t a glorified secretary… she has quite an interesting job in the civil service which can catapult you to some really fascinating roles. Considering how young she is, £38k is amazing.
Tbh even at any age I still think it’s a really good salary! I would much rather hear her talk more about her job and what she actually does than the usual rubbish and repetitive stuff she puts out.

If you dont mind me asking, what makes you think so? Is it because of what she says about it or her job description. Because if it is due to what she says she does, it wouldnt be the first time she is telling porkies :D

She is a Secretariat for the National Shipbuilding Office. A secretariat is a public servant secretary. From the dictionary, it is "an office responsible for the secretarial, clerical, and administrative affairs of a legislative body, executive council, or international organization".

Clerical and admin work is probably the most tedious, entry level stuff you can do in an office, alas the day-to-day of a secretary. And maybe its just me but I dont find working in Shipbuiding particularly interesting either. She was previously managing peoples diaries and being a PA so a logical next career step. So I guess that for a secretar ( y ) iat she makes decent money. It doesn't change her job description. They do other people's dirty (admin) work so those people can focus in the cooler, more strategic stuff.

I admit my bias in that I do work in an industry with higher salaries but I have an MBA and everyone else has at minimum a top-university degree in engineering or similar, if not also a Masters. No disrespect to her, but there is no reason to feel smug about what how much she makes. The same way there's not shame in making less. Everyone is on their own journey and comparisons are horrible.

Long story short, I dislike her smugness 😬
---
Tbh even at any age I still think it’s a really good salary! I would much rather hear her talk more about her job and what she actually does than the usual rubbish and repetitive stuff she puts out.
100% agree!

Reactions: 5
In her 2023 budget she said her salary from her civil servant job take home pay was £2000 a month so no where near £38k salary. Not sure where that’s come from. (That’s for a 4 day/28 hour week as well I think) she then said that she pays herself £1000 from her business every month too (the business makes more but that’s just what she takes as a wage) so suppose you could say she’s earning 3k a month of 36k a year altogether.

Reactions: 1
In her 2023 budget she said her salary from her civil servant job take home pay was £2000 a month so no where near £38k salary. Not sure where that’s come from. (That’s for a 4 day/28 hour week as well I think) she then said that she pays herself £1000 from her business every month too (the business makes more but that’s just what she takes as a wage) so suppose you could say she’s earning 3k a month of 36k a year altogether.
I think if she was full time her salary would be closer to £38,000 if a FTE does a 35 hour work week.

Last edited:
does my birthday not start un

I think if she was full time her salary would be closer to £38,000 if a FTE does a 35 hour work week.
Yes that’s right, the 38k I mentioned was based on FTE as she only works 4 days and that was just for her job not YouTube income aswell.

Is that £2k before or after tax though? because if its after then her real salary could easily be in the high 30s. If before tax, then pro-rata'd its £30k pa. A pretty average salary, and she would be making less on just 4 days a week (£24k).

For reference "For all workers in the UK, the median average salary is estimated to be £31,772." - this is data from this year. So when I say that £30k is an average salary, it really is literally just that.

Last edited:
Is that £2k before or after tax though? because if its after then her real salary could easily be in the high 30s. If before tax, then pro-rata'd its £30k pa. A pretty average salary, and she would be making less on just 4 days a week (£24k).
It's after tax so with pension, tax and NI and potentially student loan is roughly between £30,500-£32000 depending what her pension contribution is and I don't think she's ever mentioned it.

It's after tax so with pension, tax and NI and potentially student loan is roughly between £30,500-£32000 depending what her pension contribution is and I don't think she's ever mentioned it.
Thanks for that! So a bit higher than the average if you pro-rata it.
---
A bit off topic, but this video on the dangers of sharing your child's face and details social media kinda reminded me of her

I work in the civil service and earn £39k fte - I actually work 30 hours so same as Shan and take home pretty much £2k bang on. I do have a student loan which I don't know if she does though.

It's hard for anyone under 30 to be higher than where Shan is due to the experience needed, so I think she's got a decent salary tbf for her age.

It may be an average-ish salary for the U.K. overall, but for her age it’s definitely above average!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.