Homewithshan #4 Baby girrrrl is here, I need that content for the ‘gram”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I called it 😎
Definitely an overdone name at the minute, I’ve got a 1yo and we’re running into loads of baby Hall(i)es. Feels like how Lauren and Rebecca were 30ish years back. Nothing wrong with the name, but there’s deffo gonna be a few in the class.

Reactions: 5
Good guess tattlers. I only know one Hallie but I did read her name ha-ll 😆

Also ONE WEEK old she's put the poor thing in a baby bouncer already 🫣 Like what!?

Reactions: 3
I think there’s a town in Germany called Halle. My friend is called Halle (spelt that way) and the whole time we were at school she was called “Hail” or “hayley” although I think now the name Hallie is way more popular so maybe Halle won’t get pronounced wrong so much now😂 I prefer the spelling Hallie though tbh, think it looks more girly which is what I thought she would she’d gone for
I think she said she and Ash were debating on how to spell it....I'd assume one of them wanted it one way and one wanted it the other. Totally making assumptions here but judging by how in Shan's previous videos it sounded like he kept saying no to anything other than Charlotte (apart from a few names) I can imagine him being a bit of a brat and wanting at least the spelling 'his way' whilst she may have wanted another. I actually really like the name but I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall when deciding it because I can just imagine Ash shooting everything down to get his way.

Reactions: 3
Ok a few things…

Firstly I’m amazed that people on here guessed the name - I’ve not seen or met anyone around me with that name and I have two little ones so meet a lot of babies! I quite like it actually.

Secondly, just seen the story where she shows the room she gave birth in. Wtf. The hospitals around my neck of the woods are actual hovels compared to that 🤣 why does that look like practically a double bed she’s on?! I’m bloody jealous.

But I am confused when people, like in one of her stories that’s up atm, go on about how hard it is to find clothes for breastfeeding… is it? I’ve breastfed two babies now and I barely even consider what I’m wearing. Just anything that buttons up works fine, or something low cut enough to pull a boob out of, stick a jumper over the top if it’s cold enough to cover boob whilst you feed, or else just cover your modesty with a Muslin cloth if you feel so inclined. But I suppose the gifted products that will no doubt follow will be nice for her lol.

Reactions: 4
I completely agree with the person who said about the lack of emotion. I love watching anything to do with birth and always cry, watched Shans vlog, literally nothing. I think its because you know everything she does is just for content. No sweet moment with Ash after welcoming their baby. No moment of relief or elation. Just a complete lack of emotion. Then posing with her belly out a couple of times. It's just so fake.

Reactions: 8
She's just on the beg for breastfeeding friendly clothes to make that a personality for her. Besides bras, I only got 2 jumpers that were "breastfeed friendly" and only because one of them was to support a friend's new venture and the other was because I liked the design.

I just don't understand how someone can basically live for her life to be "content" and crap content at that. As others said, I generally find birthing stories interesting because of how much it varies from person to person. But Shan is obviously not a good storyteller and lacks any emotion in telling it. There's so much she could have told, even if the birth was pretty "straightforward" but no, that would be helpful to others and taking any attention away from her.

I had vest tops that clipped down like the bras and then wore a top/jumper I could pull up

Reactions: 2
Good guess tattlers. I only know one Hallie but I did read her name ha-ll 😆

Also ONE WEEK old she's put the poor thing in a baby bouncer already 🫣 Like what!?
I personally don’t see anything wrong with that to be honest. Pretty sure I had placed my newborn in their baby bouncer at least once by the time they were one week old. They wouldnt have been in it for long stretches of time by any means, but even at one week old there were times when I needed to do something like.. answer the door or go for a wee or make a bottle and had to put them somewhere for a minute. The baby bjorn bouncers are sold as safe for newborn use and I’m sure others are too.
---
Secondly, just seen the story where she shows the room she gave birth in. Wtf. The hospitals around my neck of the woods are actual hovels compared to that 🤣 why does that look like practically a double bed she’s on?! I’m bloody jealous.
the hospital I gave birth at in manchester had some rooms that were similar(ish) to that one. I was v surprised how nice it was. The hospital itself wasn’t fancy or anything but their birth unit was fairly new.

I'm pretty sure she gave birth at the Rosie at Addenbrookes, which is about 10 years old and very nice! I work in Cambs and everyone wants to give birth at the Rosie!!

I also read the name as ha-ll rather than Hallie. I’m sure she’ll spend a fair bit of time correcting people. Yet again so predictable with the knitted cardigan with the name on the back.

I called it 😎
Definitely an overdone name at the minute, I’ve got a 1yo and we’re running into loads of baby Hall(i)es. Feels like how Lauren and Rebecca were 30ish years back. Nothing wrong with the name, but there’s deffo gonna be a few in the class.
As an almost 30 Lauren I can confirm I was 1 of 3 Laurens in my class 😅

I personally don’t see anything wrong with that to be honest. Pretty sure I had placed my newborn in their baby bouncer at least once by the time they were one week old. They wouldnt have been in it for long stretches of time by any means, but even at one week old there were times when I needed to do something like.. answer the door or go for a wee or make a bottle and had to put them somewhere for a minute. The baby bjorn bouncers are sold as safe for newborn use and I’m sure others are too.
---

the hospital I gave birth at in manchester had some rooms that were similar(ish) to that one. I was v surprised how nice it was. The hospital itself wasn’t fancy or anything but their birth unit was fairly new.
Ahh fair enough, having looked they are ok to use with the correct new born inserts. We never got one till around 3months, but we had a moses basket downstairs so we would just use that. 😊

I had a baby in a birth centre just like it, think they are having more and more built… it was amazing to be honest… double bed for you and partner to stay afterwards etc… in my areas it’s for very low risks births but they are redoing the labour ward similar so everyone can have a nicer experience
---
She's just on the beg for breastfeeding friendly clothes to make that a personality for her. Besides bras, I only got 2 jumpers that were "breastfeed friendly" and only because one of them was to support a friend's new venture and the other was because I liked the design.

I just don't understand how someone can basically live for her life to be "content" and crap content at that. As others said, I generally find birthing stories interesting because of how much it varies from person to person. But Shan is obviously not a good storyteller and lacks any emotion in telling it. There's so much she could have told, even if the birth was pretty "straightforward" but no, that would be helpful to others and taking any attention away from her.
I feel like she rushed that birth vlog for no reason… just some quick writing with the main info? She could’ve done a voiceover or sat down and filmed a clip when she was ready 🤷🏻‍♀️ all about the content🙄

Reactions: 7
I had a baby in a birth centre just like it, think they are having more and more built… it was amazing to be honest… double bed for you and partner to stay afterwards etc… in my areas it’s for very low risks births but they are redoing the labour ward similar so everyone can have a nicer experience
---

I feel like she rushed that birth vlog for no reason… just some quick writing with the main info? She could’ve done a voiceover or sat down and filmed a clip when she was ready 🤷🏻‍♀️ all about the content🙄
it was VERY rushed wasnt it! So strange, it was rubbish in my opinion. As many have said above, birth vlogs are usually so cute and interesting, this one was dull as dishwater!

Had to come here when I just saw the name, how do you guys do it? You called it!

Reactions: 1
it was VERY rushed wasnt it! So strange, it was rubbish in my opinion. As many have said above, birth vlogs are usually so cute and interesting, this one was dull as dishwater!
It was just very matter of fact to get the info out there. No emotion of genuine raw moments. So Shan all over really!

Am I the only one that doesn't see what she wants to portray? Her salary isn't all that (I make a lot more but I am a
---
Am I the only one that doesn't see what she wants to portray? Her salary isn't all that (I make a lot more but I am older than her). There will always be people better off and worse off than everyone, there is no need to show it off. The grads at my company make double her salary but they are all graduates from top universities and she just about went to college. Yet she makes it seem like she is some high flyer with her job as a glorified secretary. You can tell in how she speaks that she isn't particularly well educated.
She has to spend all of her life editing videos, filming content, thinking of content, showing her family etc for a pretty penny. She will eventually regret not spending more time living in the moment and enjoying her family.
I also can't stand how she pretends she's got her whole life together because she is married with a family. The best thing I ever did was having kids later in life. I have travelled the whole world and have incredible experiences that no money can buy. She will have to do all that in her mid-late 40s when it will not be half as much fun. All that if she can afford it while paying for her kid's education. She does not realise how much she has missed out in life.
No disrespect to young mums at all. There is just no need to show off whether you have kids or you don't. No choices in life are better than others.
Lastly, she thinks of herself as so attractive... again, opinions are like behinds, everyone has one. But it is pointless to think of yourself better than others because of how you look.
Her life is so... beige.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.