Homewithshan #4 Baby girrrrl is here, I need that content for the ‘gram”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've slightly changed the wording, however thank you to @myst3ry for the new thread title! 😊

After what feels like over a year since finding out Shan was pregnant. We've gone from belly pics to boobing pics as baby girrrrl is finally here.

Anyone else is welcome got further updates jf they wish to do so.

Reactions: 1
She’s too busy posting pictures of feeding on IG than actually focussing on the feeding. Baby’s position is very poor, literally hanging off her body. She can’t be transferring milk very well the poor thing.
I’ll be amazed if she keeps up with breastfeeding. My son cluster fed for 16 weeks! I can’t see her doing that when she likes the 4/5 feeds a day schedule.

Reactions: 7
Told myself I wouldn’t follow the new thread as I don’t follow her on anything else and she just winds me up. I neeeeed to see how the breastfeeding saga plays out though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why do influences have to hold back the information one weight and name etc but will happily share personal pics? 🙄

Reactions: 6
What type of name you’d think they’ve gone for for “baby girl”? I bet it’s traditional, like Charlotte (Lottie) or Elizabeth (Lizzie) to go with George’s…

Reactions: 2
That poor baby is not positioned well for bf, she won’t get far. Excuse incoming why she stopped🙄
She is too lazy to get support and a private one is not on her budget sheet (but doing the stupid gender test was lollll)
And is George naked from the waist below in her sofa pic??!

Reactions: 4
What type of name you’d think they’ve gone for for “baby girl”? I bet it’s traditional, like Charlotte (Lottie) or Elizabeth (Lizzie) to go with George’s…
I think, and a few others on the previous thread think she has named her Hallie.

Reactions: 3
Whatever is she said previously they’ve decided on the name just not the spelling so it must be name spelt different ways

That poor baby is not positioned well for bf, she won’t get far. Excuse incoming why she stopped🙄
She is too lazy to get support and a private one is not on her budget sheet (but doing the stupid gender test was lollll)
And is George naked from the waist below in her sofa pic??!
Yes he is, poor boy. If Ash doesn't want his face shown I highly doubt he'd be happy with that 🤦🏼‍♀️

She NEEDS to get help on the latch/position before her nippled are shredded and the wee souls weight drops cause there's noway she's getting a good feed like that!

• Sad
Breastfeeding is the her personality trait, as we all knew it would be. Ffs how she only announced yesterday and there’s already been what feels like a thousand BF pics, she’s utterly painful.

Reactions: 5
Baby giiiiiirls nose looks so squished how can she possibly breathe and feed poor little mite.

Reactions: 3
You know what, I praise anyone who gives breastfeeding a shot. It is not easy. I'm BFing my second and have had my fair share of bleeding nips, sleepless nights and cluster feeding.
But there is absolutely nothing about Shan's pics that say "I'm giving this a good go, I really want to do this for me and my baby" they just say "I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'm purely doing it for the content" and it's honestly winding me up. There is nothing glamorous about the first week of breastfeeding. It isn't cute, it isn't nice, it isnt enjoyable. So why the F is she making a mockery of mums who have done it and been through the tit storm that it is at the beginning?
I used to really like Shan when she was pregnant with George, but at this point she's just become ridiculous with her desperation for content

Reactions: 15
Also, not shaming bottle feeding, however she shared a picture with a bottle next to baby girrrrl (in a bassinet near the end of the dining table, but we won't go into that) but these early days/weeks of BFing are crucial to help establish supply so she's not doing herself any favours if she's combi feeding this early.

Although she did get gifted an Elvie pump, so maybe that, but it didn't look very breast milky.

Reactions: 10
Yay my first thread title! Woohoo 😅
I’m a few months PP at the minute and really struggled with latching / the rugby hold to start with. I felt like I was suffocating my LO but got so much contradictory advice from midwife’s and BF consultants and it took a while to find a latch that was comfortable. Thankfully LO gained weight and was happy even if I wasn’t 😅

My point is, I didn’t have a clue, and the last thing i could think to do would be to post a photo of my awkward new born latch.
---
Also - spot on that it’s so dystopian how influencers share semi nude pics and intimate details but we couldn’t POSSIBLY reveal the name 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
You know what, I praise anyone who gives breastfeeding a shot. It is not easy. I'm BFing my second and have had my fair share of bleeding nips, sleepless nights and cluster feeding.
But there is absolutely nothing about Shan's pics that say "I'm giving this a good go, I really want to do this for me and my baby" they just say "I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I'm purely doing it for the content" and it's honestly winding me up. There is nothing glamorous about the first week of breastfeeding. It isn't cute, it isn't nice, it isnt enjoyable. So why the F is she making a mockery of mums who have done it and been through the tit storm that it is at the beginning?
I used to really like Shan when she was pregnant with George, but at this point she's just become ridiculous with her desperation for content
This 👏👏
I breastfed my first, finished in September last year. I'm 9 days overdue with my second (will I make it to 10 days like Shan? 🤣) and I'm having to research breastfeeding because I'm struggling to remember how to do it 🙈
The fact she's making it look so easy is pissing me right off.

She’s breastfeeding for the content but I’m pregnant with my second and want to try breastfeeding this time but she is the last person I would look to for advice

She’s breastfeeding for the content but I’m pregnant with my second and want to try breastfeeding this time but she is the last person I would look to for advice
Are we allowed to recommend pages on here? 🤔 Also I'd recommend seeing if there's a breastfeeding support group in your area. My local one was brilliant and were the ones who recommended the two Insta pages below. They had weekly drop in sessions and would watch you feed and help you with latch and technique. I wouldn't have managed to feed for as long as I did without them.

• Heart
Are we allowed to recommend pages on here? 🤔 Also I'd recommend seeing if there's a breastfeeding support group in your area. My local one was brilliant and were the ones who recommended the two Insta pages below. They had weekly drop in sessions and would watch you feed and help you with latch and technique. I wouldn't have managed to feed for as long as I did without them.

Oh brilliant, thank you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.