Hollyb_fitness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I won’t be surprised at all if Holly announces her next goal is a triathlon in 2025. She’s posted herself going to the gym to swim lengths a couple of times recently, now buying a bike. These fitness influencers all copy each other for content and jump on the latest bandwagon rather than just do things that they enjoy. A few years ago it was weightlifting with an emphasis on glute growth, then they all started running and signing up for marathons, then the “hybrid athlete” trend that’s been going for the last year started. 2024 seems to be the year that every fitness influencer is training for either Hyrox or a triathlon. I don’t think I can cope with anymore of Holly’s ‘journeys’ tbh, it’s so predictable now that I can guess the caption on her post about the bike: “follow me on my journey to becoming a cycling girlie”.
Yeah its always a 'journey'. What happened to her hair journey and her pull up journey. ? 🤣

Reactions: 8
Shes clearly struggling with who she is and her vlogs are going to burn out very quick if she doesn't find a proper direction.

Hopefully she has some better plans. But as a viewer I would want to see her exploring more of california and linking that with fitness. Rather than the same run or whole foods shop.

I doubt it will be long before she's dating an American again.

Sorry but all the influencers getting on the running bandwagon screams a new level of disordered eating/training.

Cardiovascular exercise burns immense amount of calories, hence meals out/drinks and excessive training schedules.

Maybe not, I may be wrong...in that case I'll eat my hat.

But now getting a bike, because you can't run due to injury screams disordered.
Honestly (as someone training for a marathon but has been running for YEARS lol), I don’t get when people say this. Obviously for some people running will be disordered and an action undertaken for the sole reason of burning calories, but I feel like for the vast majority (like 99% of people) running is just a new trend and a form of exercise that is just increasing in popularity, and obviously in the modern days of social media, more people doing it leads to more people seeing it which thus leads to more people doing, in an ever-going cycle.

I was injured a month or so ago, and couldn’t run for a couple of weeks, and it put me in such a low head space, not because I wasn’t burning as many calories but because running/exercise for me is my mental outlet after a busy day of work and always has been. The relationship between exercise, stress relief and dopamine/serotonin release in the brain is CRAZY (hence “runners high”). So it makes sense that Holly (and others) find something less harsh, for lack of a better term, on the body whilst she was recovering because she/they still need that mental outlet. And when talking about cycling specifically, cycling is SO beneficial when either injured or even just tired as a runner, because it exercises the same muscles but is a lot less impact. Honestly I could not care less about the calories running burns, and if anything I was eating more than usual during this period of injury to make sure my body had enough energy to recover.

And also fun fact…weight training burns more calories than cardio!

Reactions: 5
Sorry but the same closed-mouth coy smiles to the camera over and over really grate on me.

Reactions: 5
I’m just still in awe at her latest few tiktoks, how on earth is she affording it all especially the car!! Surely she didn’t get it on finance due to her visa & not having US credit

Reactions: 1
Going out and buying full cycling gear is crazy, the soft launching of the triathalon era …

Going out and buying full cycling gear is crazy, the soft launching of the triathalon era …
exactly, she’s done two cycles so far and has now bought all the gear… bibs included. Like can you not just cycle in normal clothing and give it a few weeks before you spend SO much money on everything.

Why does she just throw money at stuff?! I loved Hollys content before she moved and when she was on holiday in LA last year, but she is SO out of touch and not relatable now. Cost of living crisis who?!

example - the bike she bought is like $1.3k - wtf.

Reactions: 11
Classic case of all the gear and no idea!
She really needs to stop using the word investment for all the pointless purchases she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
exactly, she’s done two cycles so far and has now bought all the gear… bibs included. Like can you not just cycle in normal clothing and give it a few weeks before you spend SO much money on everything.

Why does she just throw money at stuff?! I loved Hollys content before she moved and when she was on holiday in LA last year, but she is SO out of touch and not relatable now. Cost of living crisis who?!

example - the bike she bought is like $1.3k - wtf.
Shes probably spent more in a month than most people spend in two years. If you total up the rent, car, flights, furniture.

Reactions: 3
She needs to hurry up and find a green card husband unless she wants to be moving all of this stuff home in 3 years time...

Sounds like a long time but it's amazing how quickly stuff accumulates. She's treating this like it's a permanent move. Why would you buy a $1k bike and $30k Jeep if you're only there temporarily!

Reactions: 6
Would also like to point out (huge fan) of the KKFIT twins who have double the followers and a lot more presence… they’re always sharing Amazon links and CHEAPER versions of things.

our girl Holly is just throwing her money away and buying designer this, designer that. She needs to take a leaf out the twins books, they’re still down to earth without their heads in the clouds!

She needs to hurry up and find a green card husband unless she wants to be moving all of this stuff home in 3 years time...

Sounds like a long time but it's amazing how quickly stuff accumulates. She's treating this like it's a permanent move. Why would you buy a $1k bike and $30k Jeep if you're only there temporarily!
I’d say the Jeep is on lease. Still mad though

I really wonder how much money she earns to be able to confidently move to LA! It’s crazy, feels like she’s just spending soooo much money lately.

Holly's international woman's day post is so out of touch. Shows what a privileged little bubble she lives in

Urghhhh any brand who uses IWD to try to get women to spend money gets a swerve by me. I hate it.

Reactions: 7
Honestly I just scroll past her stuff now, used to enjoy her but she's just a cliche now
I agree. I used to love her recipe tiktoks, because ultimately that's how she started out. She's becoming hugely unrelatable. She could benefit so much from creating "affordable" content of life as a fitness girlie in LA for people wanting to move or even take a trip. That would probably have more influence than a bikeride or an morning ocean dip for the folk that don't have warm weather all year round.

Now she's botox, filler, blonde extensions, gel nail, running, manifestation, journal, intuitive eating, yolo, aesthetic girlie. Ugh. Copy paste version of the other influenzas.

I also wish she would stop calling large purchases as investment pieces. An investment is a property, that gains value. Not designer clothes, bike or car that will depreciate in value.

Reactions: 11