Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marinium

As a preface I’m gonna say I like Holly, I think she is quite genuine and does show gratitude for everything she’s got now.

BUT. I find this thing with influencers so ridiculous. They live the life we all do ON TOP of our jobs, e.g. going to the gym, running, doing some shopping, traveling when we can etc, but they make it look like it’s so bloody important. Calm down, you went to the supermarket, cleaned your house and did a run, most of us do all those on top of full time jobs and families.
I find it almost hilarious the amount of free time they’ve got in their hands. Also the fact that they dramatize every second of their life for their views, with all the motivational music playing in the background. I wonder if they feel as important as they want to show us.

Reactions: 22

Maiwether

I won’t be surprised at all if Holly announces her next goal is a triathlon in 2025. She’s posted herself going to the gym to swim lengths a couple of times recently, now buying a bike. These fitness influencers all copy each other for content and jump on the latest bandwagon rather than just do things that they enjoy. A few years ago it was weightlifting with an emphasis on glute growth, then they all started running and signing up for marathons, then the “hybrid athlete” trend that’s been going for the last year started. 2024 seems to be the year that every fitness influencer is training for either Hyrox or a triathlon. I don’t think I can cope with anymore of Holly’s ‘journeys’ tbh, it’s so predictable now that I can guess the caption on her post about the bike: “follow me on my journey to becoming a cycling girlie”.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Maiwether

I think Tattle pages get a lot more traction once an influencer starts becoming less relatable, and with Holly it took a very sudden turn once she arrived in LA because she immediately morphed into an American lifestyle influencer but has a predominantly UK-based audience who don’t appreciate that content as much. Unfortunately, the more she scrabbles for content and copies what everybody else is doing the more insincere and fake she becomes which, for me personally, is when I usually unfollow. Take the recent brick workout as an example, triathlons are the newest influencer fad that she has suddenly decided to start because she has no content. It comes across as disingenuous to the audience when you jump onto what is popular just for views.

Reactions: 13

Marinium

IMG_9113.jpeg

I mean, when adults talk about busy weeks they certainly don’t mean 6x 45’ workouts. I’d rather have her talking about her business plans, ads, how she implements workouts into work rather than pretending 6 workouts/week is what makes a week “busy”.
Unless her audience is 95% 18-20 year-olds, that’s pretty much irrelevant

Reactions: 12
Honestly I just scroll past her stuff now, used to enjoy her but she's just a cliche now
I agree. I used to love her recipe tiktoks, because ultimately that's how she started out. She's becoming hugely unrelatable. She could benefit so much from creating "affordable" content of life as a fitness girlie in LA for people wanting to move or even take a trip. That would probably have more influence than a bikeride or an morning ocean dip for the folk that don't have warm weather all year round.

Now she's botox, filler, blonde extensions, gel nail, running, manifestation, journal, intuitive eating, yolo, aesthetic girlie. Ugh. Copy paste version of the other influenzas.

I also wish she would stop calling large purchases as investment pieces. An investment is a property, that gains value. Not designer clothes, bike or car that will depreciate in value.

Reactions: 11
Going out and buying full cycling gear is crazy, the soft launching of the triathalon era …
exactly, she’s done two cycles so far and has now bought all the gear… bibs included. Like can you not just cycle in normal clothing and give it a few weeks before you spend SO much money on everything.

Why does she just throw money at stuff?! I loved Hollys content before she moved and when she was on holiday in LA last year, but she is SO out of touch and not relatable now. Cost of living crisis who?!

example - the bike she bought is like $1.3k - wtf.

Holly has completely lost her way now she doesn't even post much fitness content anymore just the same running tik toks or posts with her smug smile and hands under her chin 🙄 I much preferred her content before

Seen she's finally moved, is anyone else wondering how much this is all costing?? she's literally buying everything brand new and she's brought hardly any kitchen stuff over with her? It must have cost thousands already...

Reactions: 10

AshM

A curl hair journey again. Does it have to be a journey? Cant it just be sometimes I wear my hair curly, sometimes I wear it straight?

• Haha
She does look nice with it but it's just another fad again cos her content is drying up, she hardly ever posts at the gym anymore, the cycling has died and coachella is over. I think she needs to figure out what she wants to do and stick to it she is half boring ass influencer half fitness at the moment she has no direction
She needs to go back to what made her popular, the food and fitness content, I sound like a broken record but the stuff she’s posting recently is not relatable! I feel like everyone misses the old content… she didn’t really have a tattle until the America “journey”

Hmmm after most recent video, as I said before not relatable for most, her apartment block for one bedrooms starts at $6200 per month 😨 like what?!

I love her content but sometimes it’s pushing too much of how great she’s doing in your face, the jeep purchase (which I’m assuming she’s bought out right instead of on finance/ leasing) is just one humble brag too far 😩 I love that she’s living her best life, but it’s just bitter sweet when some of us have 2 jobs and a side hustle and STILL living pay check to pay check.

• Wow

grammers

Why is everything a 'journey'. 🙄 my fitness journey, My Hair journey. My running journey. 🙄 and the closed eyes selfies.

Marinium

She’s made running her whole personality now.
It’s all the same rinse repeat posts of her not being able to run and now running marathons. I swear I’ve seen the same post at least 10 times recently.
And ok, she runs 3x weekly, it’s not such a huge deal.

Reactions: 9

grammers

Same old wellness rubbish. Now shes in LA her content is totally unrelatable not to mention the cost of it all.

Marinium

Completely understand and appreciate that and it is her livelihood I just think sometimes she has no sense or what is going on in the real world. I do think she knows she potentially isn't going to be living this life forever, in her q&a she said she might not be self employed forever so who knows. It's exciting moving to a new place and I really enjoyed her LA content last year I just think it's coming across as really braggy now until she gets herself back in a routine and a bit more 'normal'
I agree, also when she talks about "chasing your goals etc etc" and when she goes into detail she only mentions fitness/ body goals. When fitness goals is only a tiny proportion of an average person's reality and more often than not, not even have time for that.
She seems a genuine person a I like her, but clearly lives in a bubble and to an extent she has insight of it cause she mentions being grateful quite often.

autumnkitten

It just doesn't sit right with me, bragging about the most superficial brainless stuff, knowing whats going on in the world right now and how many people are hurting

Normally I love Holly but I’ve found she’s in such a stereotypical influencer lifestyle since moving to LA and it’s insufferable. So many fake deep “inspirational” posts about putting phone down too lol.
I feel like her UK fan base isn’t gonna stay - I’m certainly already feeling myself wavering. I feel USA is too saturated with her type of content too?

That's insane!

But how is she even affording it?!
Her vlogs don't get that many views.
I honestly think many influencers can afford the lifestyle by selling private content. No necessary spicy content i.e OF...but even Holly's SGS business is a one time purchase item, so not a regular revenue stream. She has a partnership with a few brands, but I cannot imagine this can fund a years of apartment leases, new car, furnishing an apartment and also all the moving costs and cost of LA living. Wouldn't surprise me if she spend circa $50k in the first two weeks of LA move.

Reactions: 8