Holly Gabrielle #8 If slow living why all the fast running?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are they buying outright? If not, how would they get a mortgage with a very recent period of either no or low income and a rather risky “career”?
Surely this is just for a vlog in hope she gets views.

"A day in my adult life......"

London is expensive, to buy property. But then again as she always reminds us she us financially free.

Reactions: 6
Yeah but is it actually going to be in London or will it be in Surrey and she’s claiming it’s in London 😆

Reactions: 4
So she’s started flat hunting in London for a place to buy…with Angelo by the sounds of it.
That seems like an absolutely terrible idea.

She seems to love the countryside so why not invest in a beautiful home within a short train ride to London… best of both worlds
I called it! That's probably why Angelo got another job. I think Holly should move out, but alone. She's never been on her own before. University doesn't count because she lived on campus the entire time and was very deep in her ED at the time that even if she had moved off campus I don't think I would consider that a learning experience on how to survive on your own.
---
Surely this is just for a vlog in hope she gets views.

"A day in my adult life......"

London is expensive, to buy property. But then again as she always reminds us she us financially free.
She's been living with her parents who seem to be well off (despite her father being a musician and her mother seemingly being a sahm) so odds are she hasn't had to spend any money that she didn't want to. When she says 'buy' she probably means mortgage which may be possible with 50k+ in savings and a well paying job, however it's harder for influencers to secure a mortgage because their income is so variable and they don't formally have a job. Also, a lot of people get houses partially paid off by their parents and don't admit it so it's possible that either her or Angelo's parents have offered to cosign or pay the downpayment or even buy the house and have their kids pay them back.

All that being said, I hope she meant 'rent' and not 'buy' because you should not under any circumstances buy a house with a man you've only been dating for a year. It could work out but the odds are not in her favor

Reactions: 13
All that being said, I hope she meant 'rent' and not 'buy' because you should not under any circumstances buy a house with a man you've only been dating for a year. It could work out but the odds are not in her favor
I think they're buying, but it's hard to tell when she classes staying with Angelo for a few nights as living together

Reactions: 9
I think they're buying, but it's hard to tell when she classes staying with Angelo for a few nights as living together
And a few months away as having moved there. They should get an air b & b for a few months first to try it out properly not just for a week.

Reactions: 3
Not really my business but where is she getting the money to buy from when her views are tanking? She must have a lot of savings

Reactions: 1
She'll almost definitely have enough for a deposit, especially combined with any potential savings from Angelo. It's going to be proving she makes enough for a mortgage where she'll struggle, considering how much her channel is dying

Reactions: 5
She'll almost definitely have enough for a deposit, especially combined with any potential savings from Angelo. It's going to be proving she makes enough for a mortgage where she'll struggle, considering how much her channel is dying
Yes IF she saved all of her profit. She did go on several trips in the past two years so we shall see

Yes IF she saved all of her profit. She did go on several trips in the past two years so we shall see
There's smaller YouTubers than her that have spoken about making 30k a year. She'll have been making good money from her YouTube since she started uni, so even if she only saved 5k a year she would be a good chunk of the way to a deposit even without Angelo's contribution.

Reactions: 2
There's smaller YouTubers than her that have spoken about making 30k a year. She'll have been making good money from her YouTube since she started uni, so even if she only saved 5k a year she would be a good chunk of the way to a deposit even without Angelo's contribution.
There's no way though that earning 30k a year would get you a mortgage in London (at least in zones 1- 6). Take e.g. a relatively junior lawyer on a low-ish six figure wage - that + a chunky deposit would just about get you a one bedroom apartment in central(-ish) London. She must know something we don't know (e.g. family money; she is not the buyer) because otherwise this plan will almost certainly never materialise.

Also - it is a horrible idea to buy property with somebody you have been in a relationship with for one year - but that almost seems so obvious it's hardly worth saying...

Reactions: 12
There's no way though that earning 30k a year would get you a mortgage in London (at least in zones 1- 6). Take e.g. a relatively junior lawyer on a low-ish six figure wage - that + a chunky deposit would just about get you a one bedroom apartment in central(-ish) London. She must know something we don't know (e.g. family money; she is not the buyer) because otherwise this plan will almost certainly never materialise.

Also - it is a horrible idea to buy property with somebody you have been in a relationship with for one year - but that almost seems so obvious it's hardly worth saying...
I'm not defending her nor suggesting that she can afford mortgage payments, just saying that it's definitely possible for her to have a deposit.

True, but during uni she said she had loans to pay off and then she did her masters, too, after a solo trip to Australia

Are apartments in greater London around 500000 pounds?

She may have 20% deposit but I can't see the banks signing off on a loan when she has no stable income and Angelo has only just started working full time again. So it's unlikely he has the previous 3 to 6 months of pay slips.

I dunno maybe she has come into some money or maybe she is going to give financial advise and living in london vlogs and hopes it generates some interest.

Alternatively all this could be fake and her I'm going to buy an apartment in london is a actually a sponsored vlog.

Reactions: 7
She's applying for jobs and finally admits that her channel is dying in her newest video

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
We've given Holly a lot of criticism lately but think that video was the best thing she's put out in a long time.

It was real, authentic and everything she said genuinely made a lot of sense. I completely understand her struggles: she recognised her channel is struggling and doesn't want to be seen as a failure. We all pointed it out but for her to openly acknowledge that it hasn't worked out is a brave thing to do. The fact she's walking away and realises that there is perhaps less interest in her content is a bold step and glad she's being proactive about it.

Like her or dislike her, I think she's a good person. We all go through struggles and her's are authentic and she feels real. It was a great video with a lot of self awareness. Good for her. Really hope she finds a job she enjoys and finds a balance with YouTube so it can be something she enjoys as a hobby, rather than being forced into it.

Wishing her the best.

Reactions: 29
It’s very difficult to realise the career you thought you’d set up for yourself has failed.
I’m glad she’s finally making alternative arrangements. She’s still so young and has great qualifications so if she’s determined she’ll do well in a field away from the internet.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.