Holly Gabrielle #7 Studying, running, always ahead, but one trip to Spain and there's a boy in her bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did think Charlie was too quiet for Holly and didn't like being in her vlogs etc ..whereas Dan loves himself too much. I think she probably didn't have much to talk about with Charlie once they went back to a normal life

Reactions: 1
I am assuming she is talking about 20 hours tutoring students (not including prep time), in Scotland at least the maximum number of hours a teacher can teach per week is 22.5, so she is working close to what a teacher would do. But she's probably earning way more and it is less stressful than managing a whole class of students

Reactions: 6
Oh wow! Maybe I'm just too naive or sth but I really thought her and Charlie were together and she was just not talking about it online. Lowkey shocked at this development lmao. I wonder why they broke up (or decided not to get together more like). Man. At least she got a kiss and lots of future youtube content out of it, I suppose.

Also her going 'full digital nomad' next year means she's moving out at long last, so hooray for that! I guess she feels ready to move out but not ready to make a home for herself somewhere else that's not her parents' house, so maybe this contantly travelling/digital nomad thing is her compromise. I feel like it might also be her way of avoiding telling her parents she's moving out, cause she can always be like 'oh no I'm just travelling for work for a while and then I'll come back, don't worry mum!'. It's all a bit weird to me still, but then again I don't have the option to become a digital nomad so maybe it's actually better than having a permanent place to live, what do I know.

Also sidenote, I now find it weirdly funny that she turned down a teaching job offer after graduating from Cambridge because she said she realized she didn't want to become a teacher and was passionate about pursuing science/a PhD instead... and now she's working as an online teacher basically.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Honestly she seems to be a waste of degrees and fancy unis. Someone else might have been doing something more useful with the spot she took up.

Reactions: 18
Honestly she seems to be a waste of degrees and fancy unis. Someone else might have been doing something more useful with the spot she took up.
And she doesn't even strike me as a smart/intelligent person. Sure she knows biology, but other than that I would've never guessed she went to Cambridge

Reactions: 11
And she doesn't even strike me as a smart/intelligent person. Sure she knows biology, but other than that I would've never guessed she went to Cambridge
I think she is probably smart, but what really pushed her to the #1 spot at Cambridge was the unrealistically immense pressure and lack of social life she subjected herself to. These days she seems to dumb herself down in social settings to look quirky and relatable.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I thought she was supposed to be away until next year. That wasn't 'travelling' Holly; that was a holiday.

Reactions: 5
Didn't she say that she has recorded a lot o videos but didn't manage to edit them before she left? I suppose this could be one of them.
She posted on her story that she was back

Reactions: 3
I think she said it was her last time away this year - which I took as it was her last trip away, rather than away for the rest of the year.

She did say she hadn’t booked a return flight… implying that she may explore more but probably after realising how expensive switzerland is she is now saying she is saving her travels until next year

Reactions: 10
She did say she hadn’t booked a return flight… implying that she may explore more but probably after realising how expensive switzerland is she is now saying she is saving her travels until next year
Yeah she's said that multiple times before her travels now, as a sort of clickbait thing I suppose - but I think she already knows/plans when she'll return but just books the two flights separately lol. Contrary to what she says, Holly is not a very spontaneous person. Going to Spain with Charlie was a bit of an outlier lmao, but normally she plans everything pretty meticulously and far ahead I think.

Reactions: 6
I had a dream last night that she went to Germany, dated a German guy, spoke in a mixture of English and German, and showed us a date they had at one of those places where they have gigantic chess. The dude had dark curly hair. Lmao.

• Haha
She flew to Switzerland and took Euros with her
hooooow did she not know?! Switzerland isn't even in the EU. Didn't she check before she went? When I went to London (back when UK was still in the EU), I knew that they don't have Euros and therefor ... wait I think we didn't exchanged money here at the bank in Germany, we did that before we went to Switzerland but only because I don't know ... something with the credit card. And who needs paper money nowadays anyway? (Germany is a bit behind with this paying everywhere with your card thing)

Reactions: 4
She flew to Switzerland and took Euros with her
All this flying back and forth for her 'digital nomad lifestyle' - I wonder if she even knows the ferry exists? Or that underwater train too. Idk it's just weird to me that Holly is always banging on about how being vegan is so great for the environment and so sustainable, and yet she's flying like there's no tomorrow

Reactions: 9
hooooow did she not know?! Switzerland isn't even in the EU. Didn't she check before she went? When I went to London (back when UK was still in the EU), I knew that they don't have Euros and therefor ... wait I think we didn't exchanged money here at the bank in Germany, we did that before we went to Switzerland but only because I don't know ... something with the credit card. And who needs paper money nowadays anyway? (Germany is a bit behind with this paying everywhere with your card thing)
Yeah who the hell is still changing up money before going abroad loll

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.