Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

octoppus182

Honestly I think a coach would be really good because it’s somebody outside of her family so they stand a good chance of seeing all the problems with her diet that the family seem to just ignore.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

swishswishbish1

God the laptop thing makes me so mad. She barely even said anything that would suggest she plans to use it. Especially since she will be doing a computational project, this would be an excellent opportunity to advertise a laptop – I’ve done a bioinformatics project on a Mac and these were so many instances in which I could make use of an extra laptop, especially a Windows/Linux one. Even if she doesn’t want to do that, then donate👏🏻 it👏🏻!

• Heart

Nemolife2

I’m vegan and honestly almost none of her meals appeal to me. No carbs. No condiments. No flavor. No fun foods?!

• Heart

hpprotego

Chatty Member

and here we once again have Holly acting like an absolute idiot online. What is this girls obsession with farting? Is she 12?

• Sick

HollyLeaf

I'd respect Holly a lot more if she stopped the horrible bodychecking thumbnails. It's ED triggering and gross. Stop it.

• Heart

hpprotego

Chatty Member
privilege privilege and more privilege. spending her time accepting expensive laptops (which she will end up putting to the side of her room again because even a change from Mac to Windows will be too much for Holly to handle), prancing around her massive home with its massive extension, complaining about ‘having a bad sleep’ when if she stopped working earlier she could just.... erm.... sleep earlier? She barely even said thank you for the sponsorship or seemed relatively engaged with the laptop 🧐🧐

Asgyui

VIP Member
Her pinned comment on her latest YT is (paraphrasing) 'hahaha he's so impossible to get out of his room hahaha' so I feel like she might have dragged the poor guy with them so she could explain away/smirk about :sneaky:not being the third wheel:sneaky:
He is probably massively embarrassed by his dysfunctional family and their childish behaviour. Imagine what perception you'd have of a first class Cambridge graduate, who took a year out and is well travelled, who calls them self a food lover and is training for a marathon then a frail gremlin who is a mix between an 93 year old women and 10 year old child turns up farting, burping and saying Hey Dude, then only eats plain boiled vegetables.

• Haha

nissigossips

Her running a marathon is ridiculous. I'm already angry thinking about how many people she's going to potentially trigger by showing her long runs fasted and underfuelled. I am a vegan (long distance) runner and can't imagine training with what she eats. Stupid stupid stupid.

Edit: Also she claims to have run a sub-40 10k (she's definitely lying). Looking forward to the sub-3:35 marathon time then Holly.....
Screenshot_20210420-162745.png

• Heart

3littlekittens

Her dad literally plays trombone for a living- it’s his job. So her asking him to stop playing is the equivalent of him asking Holly to stop tutoring. I understand noise is annoying, but when it’s your parents job, you learn to get over it. I live with 2 musician parents and all you have to do is put in some earplugs or noise cancelling headphones. Really not rocket science.
To be fair, noise cancelling headphones are designed to block ambient noise like the neighbour mowing their lawn. I find they do a pretty bad job with stuff like conversation and music. Earplugs are better, but they still don't hold up under really loud noise.

Point is, I don't think Holly is being unreasonable here. From what I saw, it's not like she's constantly telling her family to be quiet. She just needs a one time accomodation for a very important exam. Now if she wanted her dad to stop playing for the whole 24 hours, that would unreasonable. But if she told him to not play during a certain 2-3 hour window, that seems like a good compromise.

• Heart
  • Angry

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I live in a country where olive oil is seriously abused 🤣
In some villages famous for their production older people have a spoonful of olive oil every morning - gross imo but they claim longevity and good gut health.
Seriously idk how this no fat and oils cult emerged and why it is so popular among vegans.

It really baffles me how after so many biochem classes Holly can’t beat her cognitive dissonance concerning nutrition
Fr I live in spain and tbh I can’t remember a day when I haven’t consumed olive oil. Maybe I am biased but the idea that olive oil is bad for you is just simply not a concept I can get my head round. Obviously to consume too much of any food is going to be bad for you, but to cut ALL oils out of your diet completely and then slag off olive oil in particular just blows my mind lmao.
Also it confused me when was banging on about sustainability in the video and then recommended having avocados instead of oil? It depends where you get them from but I always thought most of the ones you find in the UK come from far away which isn’t fantastic for the environment

• Heart

hpprotego

Chatty Member
When Holly started talking about how it was okay if she had no friends because she’s got her sister and family 😳

it’s dangerous- does she not realise her sister has her own life and won’t be living with her forever? Does she not understand the basics of leading her own life? Yeah okay holly isn’t completely friendless, but she’s missing the point.

the point isn’t to convince yourself that everyone hates you, to ignore that you can’t trust anyone enough that you’ll let them into your life, and block all that out by saying ‘my sister is my best friend so that’s fine’. NO. It’s about going to talk to someone about your issues with trust and friendships. It’s an issue clearly if she’s using her sister in that light.

Oh and didn’t Holly also say she was going to stop giving out so much personal info? But here we have her using the camera as a therapist once again.

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Why is she so passive aggressive??? I get where she’s coming from but Jesus....
That is bare awkward💀 she should apologise for that one. Also, I feel like it’s quite obvious the person was referring to the covid19 situation? How has she even jumped to the conclusion that this person was saying they didn’t want her to move on from uni? Tf loool

NotAnArtist

I couldn't imagine Holly being a medical doctor & being put in a situation where somebody tells her no. Like, where she advises a patient to do one thing, and the patient wants another - sometimes ignorantly, sometimes rightfully so. Or where a patient ranks their priorities differently (when is treating a symptom worth the side-effects of a treatment, that sort of thing).

Her current degree program seems like a great fit in that regard. It's closely related to medicine (and for better or worse, so would have been nutrition), so perhaps her med school application wasn't that far off but just not *quite* the right way to go, but I think a research environment suits her so much better.

During the weird coffee bit of the last morning routine, it also struck me how little Holly has complained to her viewers about doing her entire degree online. She has evaluated parts of her program, which seems completely fine, and might have been a bit dramatic about the exams... but I can't help comparing her to Eve or Jade, who are no less privileged but won't stop leaning on their viewers' reassurance (even though many of their viewers will have had a much more difficult time during covid). Like, as far as I recall the most controversial thing Holly did was do for a run AND take a walk (with her dogs) completely by herself in the fields on the same day. I appreciate that about her tbh

Also completely OT, but I would love to see an "I tried the curly girl method" video, I'm just so curious whether anything would happen with her hair 😂

ECH

VIP Member
I'm doing my Masters project too and I generally work 5 days a week with 2 days off and try to stick to 9-5 (or more like 11-7...I like a lie in) so if she's really panicking and taking that much time to catch up then something is going wrong.

Griftwood

VIP Member
Calling it now re. marathon - she’s not going to complete, or will collapse right after. I have zero faith in her ability to do it in a healthy way, coach or no coach.

NotAnArtist

Yo, the reason everyone picks the supposedly "rarest" Meyers-Briggs personalitiy types is that these categories are super broad, most people will identify with them somehow, and you might as well just get your fortune read at a county fair...

Much like horoscopes I think it can be useful to start thinking about one's personality traits, habits, fears, behaviors etc., so I don't deny these tests could have a positive impact. But to evaluate whether Holly is the type she claims to be is about as scientifically valid as if you pulled out today's horoscope and tried to determine her birthday based on what it tells you...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16