Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NotAnArtist

New here but been watching her for a long time: so, basically, from the "questions I've never answered" + this last video I'm 100% deducing that she's anti-vax.
I found her respponse that she would *probably* get vaccinated when she got her offer, and that she'd have to do it if she ever wanted to travel again, a bit odd. Who in their right mind answers that question with anything other than a resounding YES! in this day and age?!
I don't think she's anti-vaxx, but I would have hoped for her to be more explicitly pro-vaxx.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

nissigossips

This is not acceptable AD declaration. Does anyone know where I can report her? Makes me really angry.

Screenshot_20210316-160923.png

• Angry
  • Sad

hpprotego

Chatty Member
I don’t get why she would go from ‘running in the fields’ (literally how she put it) to training for a marathon in 5 months. She barely nourishes herself for the runs she does now, how does she think she’ll sustain any goals if she isn’t willing to change her mindset?

She’s made it clear she’s not budging in her rigid routines and thought processes, so personally, as much as I want Holly to do well, I don’t think this will end well. She will probably look emaciated by the end of it all.

• Heart

meweme

please tell me again how you’re growing and changing, Holly, I must be blind but I’m just not seeing it.
This, exactly! It makes me furious! I hate it how she puts up this show of "trying new stuff" (routines, food...) and ends up doing exactly the same thing as always, because she is restricting her life massively in so many areas that it actually all turns out the same! Can't wait for the "I ate a whole cow, binged Netflix and didn't move from the sofa - day in the life" where she actually does the "slightly" modified version to suit her restrictive ass and only eats dry oats and bland vegetable, while sitting at her desk 18 hours and watching one Netflix-Trailer.

• Haha

Griftwood

VIP Member
Holy cats. She’s looking a bit long in the tooth. If Roobee looks 30ish recently, then Holly’s pushing 45. Starving yourself is not a good look on anyone.

• Sad
  • Haha
Increasingly I wonder if a lot of the choices Holly has made have been based on the prestige, as she really doesn’t seem to have a lot of passion for anything that she’s doing. That or she makes safe choices so that her opinion of herself isn’t challenged. I never got the impression that she was particularly passionate about medicine, but let’s face it, getting into medical school is objectively a tough thing to do and would have been a prestigious thing to succeed at - but to me, the fact that she didn’t even try again or try anywhere else (or at least, she didn’t share that she did) doesn’t seem to me like the actions of someone who really, really wants to be a medic. And honesty, she is just far too immature for medicine, and I can’t see how she’d cope with having to touch and confront body-shapes that differ from her ideal.
Yeah I don't think medicine would have been right for her. You have to deal with a lot of unpredictability in medicine, and I don't think she'd like that. It seems like she likes to learn everything perfectly with no room for error, have her work very structured and medicine isn't like that. Plus medicine has a lot of social interaction and a BIG emphasis on teamwork... oh and I can NOT imagine her even being remotely comfortable with taking a sexual history!

• Haha
  • Heart

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Okay so now she’s talking about pulling an all nighter and turning it into a challenge. Holly that’s really not a good idea... she surely can’t be so far behind with her work that she needs to stay up all night to complete it? Or is she having to pull an all nighter to make up for the fact that she did something other than studying yesterday?
I genuinely feel like she’s punishing herself for missing a day of uni work.

It's hard to tell if she's doing it as a punishment, or if she's only wanting to do it for a video idea. I have a feeling she's telling herself it's for a video as an excuse for punishment. You should be able to easily miss one day of work in a masters, without worrying about working overnight to catch up!

• Heart

LLL111

This comment on her 'no oil' video is soooo true - when does she ever eat anything that isn't a fruit or veg or nut butter?!

Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 20.09.24.png

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Trying to word this very carefully but as much as I worry for Holly I kind of hope her struggling with this marathon will be her wake up call. I’m not saying I want her to hit rock bottom or get even worse doing this marathon but as someone with an eating disorder sometimes you need a wake up call and I hope this does that for her if it’s going to do anything.
I know healthy people who have done the marathon and broken toes during it, I dread to think the effect it could have on her as her bones must already be weakened

• Heart

3littlekittens

I don't think Holly realizes how easy she has it compared to other people her age stuck in service jobs. That particular commenter was so nice, apologizing for their innocuous question. Meanwhile in customer service there's people who yell at you nonstop when they're the ones who are blatantly wrong.

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
am I the only one who felt like half of her latest video was a lie? she looks even skinnier than she was in Cambridge but she allegedly gets regular periods now?

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I couldn't imagine Holly being a medical doctor & being put in a situation where somebody tells her no. Like, where she advises a patient to do one thing, and the patient wants another - sometimes ignorantly, sometimes rightfully so. Or where a patient ranks their priorities differently (when is treating a symptom worth the side-effects of a treatment, that sort of thing).

Her current degree program seems like a great fit in that regard. It's closely related to medicine (and for better or worse, so would have been nutrition), so perhaps her med school application wasn't that far off but just not *quite* the right way to go, but I think a research environment suits her so much better.

During the weird coffee bit of the last morning routine, it also struck me how little Holly has complained to her viewers about doing her entire degree online. She has evaluated parts of her program, which seems completely fine, and might have been a bit dramatic about the exams... but I can't help comparing her to Eve or Jade, who are no less privileged but won't stop leaning on their viewers' reassurance (even though many of their viewers will have had a much more difficult time during covid). Like, as far as I recall the most controversial thing Holly did was do for a run AND take a walk (with her dogs) completely by herself in the fields on the same day. I appreciate that about her tbh

Also completely OT, but I would love to see an "I tried the curly girl method" video, I'm just so curious whether anything would happen with her hair 😂
Yeah I think both Ruby and Holly have actually enjoyed online learning and living at home again, they’ve both massively regressed though

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
For me personally, I feel like Holly's privilege in terms of having parents with money/a nice house etc etc is more than made up for by her untreated eating disorder/mental health issues that make her life miserable. As in, yeah I agree with you that she's economically privileged - but it's not like she's getting much enjoyment out of it cause she's too busy hating herself for eating too many dry oats in the evening or something.

It's sad to think about really - to think about how many people are miserable because they don't have that kind of economic privilege or family support, and then we have Holly who has so much and could easily afford to pay for therapy etc but she just. Doesn't do anything about her issues and continues to be miserable. Sorry for rambling but it just makes me sad

Auga

I'm worried that she is using her having her period as an excuse not to go further with increasing calories and esp. fat, not being underweight etc.. because "well I have my period so I must be healthy"
I think it might also be the cause of her relapse.

• Heart

CatCafe234

VIP Member
What’s weird to me is that Holly is now living at home as a 24(?) year old adult and she isn’t doing stuff like her own washing and changing her bed. That seems so strange, at the very least at 24 you’d want a bit of privacy and control of the space that’s ‘yours’ - and surely your parents would acknowledge that too. Even if her mum is really controlling about how stuff is washed and when, Holly could still strip her own bed and carry it down to the washing machine. I know all families are odd and maybe Holly is paying her parents a lot to live at home and bed-stripping is included in the cost 🙄 but surely even as a paying adult you’d feel a bit responsible for doing some chores around the house.

• Heart

nbx512

Chatty Member
Bit contradictory to say she should be able to support herself through tricky times then two sentences later say she should be in therapy. Everyone's on a different timeline with mental health, especially during the pandemic, and 23 is still relatively young, particularly considering how sheltered her life has been so far
I read 'support yourself' as in being able to recognise when you're struggling and putting on place things that will help whether that be reaching out to friends, therapy etc. The problem with Holly is that she's in denial about the fact she's struggling.

• Heart

periaphelia

I cannot believe a Cambridge graduate has never seen the word paraphernalia in her life, and that she applied for grad medicine but struggles to spell abscess (why does she think there's a y????). For a well-educated native speaker most of these words should be pretty easy. Her score was abysmally low and would have been even lower (less than 50%) if her mum hadn't given her stupid half and three-quarter marks for spelling words 'almost' correctly, even taking into account the fact that gobbledygook and hemorrhoid have legitimate alternative spellings. Just goes to show that she really only has smarts in her very specific field.

emm

VIP Member
I'd respect Holly a lot more if she stopped the horrible bodychecking thumbnails. It's ED triggering and gross. Stop it.
This is what, to me (apart from her appearance), clearly indicates she has not recovered, I would think someone who had recovered from an ED would be more mindful of triggering others

• Heart

ghooddayinmymind

Oh dear. This just goes to prove my theory that Holly won't cope well at all with a long-term independent research project and unstructured time. It may not look like it but I think she actually has really bad work habits - she's ruled by perfectionism so she takes way too long to do things rather than going for the most efficient way. This combined with a lack of external structure and (probably) high ambitions for her research project grade is a recipe for trouble. And yes, taking a day off and then finding a way too indirectly 'punish' herself for it sounds very much like Holly.

It'll be interesting to see how she'll cope over the coming months. I hope I'm wrong actually
And imagine if/when she goes into the lab full time.. I work in a wet lab and like 80% of the time things don’t go right the first time and it required totally different skills to taking an exam or writing an essay (or even doing a data project)! Not to mention you are pretty much constantly working with other people and we all know how she does with that