Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

octoppus182

And, for someone who constantly goes on about sustainability, it seems very hypocritical to keep accepting laptops that she doesn’t need.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
He did? I think that might explain why she can't relax. If she didn't have the income she had I'd feel sorry for her. I couldn't imagine living in a home where I couldn't relax.
Yeah it was in this video, around the 1 minute mark:

And yeah I'd agree, it'd drive me nuts if it were me! It's like-

Holly: can't sleep in or relax without being judged; not allowed to eat upstairs; not allowed on the couch after sitting on the floor; not allowed to leave any traces of food on the kitchen counter while cooking even if she cleans it up right after; clearly gets no support for her mental health issues from her parents;

Also Holly: I LOVE living at home!!! Living here is so great it's wonderful! I don't plan on moving out anytime soon!!

• Sad
it’s so scarily obvious she is suffering from an eating disorder, she is so frail and thin that I cannot believe no one close to her has stepped in. She is probably stuck do deeply in it that she won’t be able to help herself and will continue to decline without help from others. A stranger watching her youtube can see the restricting and controlling behaviour she has with food and exercise yet her family turn a blind eye. I really hope she gets help soon as it’s awful to see and also could be having a terrible infleunce on her young audience.

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
it's funny how these youtubers are always referencing hate when their comments are all about how amazing they are. they go looking out for the gossip and truths (because talking about how she needs help isn't hate).

• Heart

NotAnArtist

I'm not hugely invested into food - I appreciate good food of course, but my day-to-day meals don't vary a lot and I have a lot of staples I fall back on.

I *love* vegan food (though I'm not fully vegan). And while I mostly enjoy savory/ generously-seasoned dishes, I kind of get not wanting or feeling the need to season everything... like, I have plain cucumber, frozen peas, or plain broccoli sometimes, I just like the way they taste on their own. But those are snacks. And when I'm doing so much work that I neglect having proper meals, a few pieces of random salad aren't going to make me feel better, because how could they? Carbs will. Protein will. And fats will, too, even though it sounds bad. 🤷‍♀️ A big smooth is going to give me enough sugar for the rest of the day but won't really tide me over to the next meal.

Like... add some beans and lentils (if you're into that, they are great for fart jokes I guess), some seitan or tofu, some oil, salt, garlic, chilli, harissa paste, curry paste, coconut milk, vegan cream for cooking, a proper amount of avocado (yesI know I will never be able to afford a house bc if my millennial avo habits 😭). Put spices INTO your food while prepping it rather than just sprinkling on some turmeric after.

Food can be so much fun. Being extremely selective isn't the same as being a *foodie* - but you also don't have to be a foodie to have fun with food. Everybody eats. Just roll with it.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
she’s built her brand around being at uni what makes her think she’ll be able to change it? People do change but has she ever thought she won’t be able to do YouTube forever?

she seems in total frustration about her views falling and is resorting to click bait titles like ‘I hate my life’ in order to engage people. She’s barely scratching the surface with how her mental health is. Stopping YouTube would be a good thing for her ffs.
I’m amazed she hasn’t seen other studytubers’ views go down after graduation. Look at Paige-Y. She’s great, but her views seem to have dwindled since she graduated because ver vlogs now less frequent and focus on her new job. It’s inevitable and surely Holly should anticipate the same will happen to her channel eventually.

GOD could she be any more boring... every video is the same. To do lists, running, walking, uni, stretching, tutoring... justifying her eating habits this time around saying she’s always eaten this way and her mum has always fed her this way... okay sure holly, not exactly great when you’ve stated you’ve suffered an ED in the past and you being in dance and your mum’s background in dance, sounds really healthy. Does she give herself any time off? Like, watch YouTube and eat lay around a bit. She hoovers her desk... like... relax. Her YouTube channel is literally void of content, I appreciate vlogs, but all she does is vlog and it’s the same thing all the time. Have to say I do like all her new jewellery though haha

• Heart
Reactions: 18

nbx512

Chatty Member
I’m amazed she hasn’t seen other studytubers’ views go down after graduation. Look at Paige-Y. She’s great, but her views seem to have dwindled since she graduated because ver vlogs now less frequent and focus on her new job. It’s inevitable and surely Holly should anticipate the same will happen to her channel eventually.
But Paige isn't getting caught up with it because she realises there's a life outside her bedroom. For Holly YouTube is her life, her 'friends' etc etc.

hpprotego

Chatty Member
The other thing that bothers me is how much she complains about changing a bed. You’re 23, stop getting your mum to change your sheets for you. Oh, and at least you have a £1m house to stay in.... yno???

• Heart
She said she’s looking at getting a coach, and she better. Sounds harsh but if she doesn’t she deserves no platform on which to share this journey. So toxic.

• Heart

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Briefly got high hopes for Holly's "CHANGING MY HABITS" video but turns out she's just talking about wanting to get up at 7am instead of 8am and start training for her marathon (unless I missed sth, that is). Otherwise it's the same old Holly routine, eating salad with raw mushrooms and a little bit of Tahini for 'lunch', going on runs, being scared of having to socialize again after lockdown. It's almost calming how nothing ever changes with her but man, it can't be good for her.

hpprotego

Chatty Member
I HATE it when influencers do this. The Adidas shoes are what caused me to unfollow her. You've got enough effing money Holly. Buy two and donate one to someone in need or an underfunded community sports team.
ITS THE SAME WITH THE SHAMELESS ‘this blender is good we have had it for ages BUT I WOULD LOOOOVEEE A VITAMIX’

GET IT YOUR DAMN SELF IF YOU WANT IT SO BADLY YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF POUNDS

• Haha
  • Angry

octoppus182

Whenever I watch holly I always think to myself that she’d be so much better mentally if she’d gone out and gotten an actual job as a teen. In one of her recent vids she talks about how she’s worried about the end of lockdown because she’s got a couple of things planned that involve being out of her house.
she seems really scared of functioning in society again. It’s scary because obviously she’s spent so much time at home.
Even with covid, most people I know have had to work at some point throughout the pandemic so never really lost touch with absolutely everything. It seems like Holly is going to really struggle going back into the real world.

octoppus182

Thoughts on the video:
- I love Hollys outfit. It looks really nice on her. I also like her hair straightened.
- really nice to see some different content and not just holly getting stressed about routines.
- strange seeing Hollys desk with decorations on 😂
- her mum is very negative
- holly does dark academia better than ruby (sorry not sorry)
- it’s nice to see holly having fun
- strange reaction to the candle. She could’ve just moved it further away if she was worried about it.
- all in all, a rather nice video.

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Watching her latest week in the life and all I can think about is how bland that salad she had for lunch looked 😬 Maybe I'm biased because I'm Greek, but drizzle some olive oil on that, god.
*me suddenly having flashbacks to that video where Holly explained that you shouldn't eat olive oil because it's "empty calories" and "not a health food"*

• Sick
  • Wow

xekatinaz

I live in a country where olive oil is seriously abused 🤣
In some villages famous for their production older people have a spoonful of olive oil every morning - gross imo but they claim longevity and good gut health.
Seriously idk how this no fat and oils cult emerged and why it is so popular among vegans.

It really baffles me how after so many biochem classes Holly can’t beat her cognitive dissonance concerning nutrition

• Haha