Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Btw just googling "donate laptop for students UK" brings up a bunch of good results - links to charity organizations, uni schemes, ... It would probably take Holly like 20 minutes to find a good use for that Surface Tablet she doesn't want.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

moosesauna

Chatty Member
Someone can be fully recovered and still not eat meat though. There are many good reasons why one may not want to eat meat. Oil, however, there aren't really any (non-ed) reasons to avoid.
Aye - if you're in recovery most doctors/health professionals will encourage you to restrict nothing, as for a lot of ED sufferers vegan/veggie diets can be another way to sneakily restrict. However, it's definitely possible to be a healthy veggie/vegan, and there's a ton of delicious junk food to enjoy as well! There's a huge difference between oil-free plates of boiled veg and a balanced meatless diet :') I suppose some people avoid oil due to intolerances (some people react badly to super oily food) or disliking the taste, but fats are a normal and healthy part of the diet.

• Heart

hpprotego

Chatty Member
I’m concerned though because she’s always put her body under such a serious amount of stress.

i can see her emotionally and mentally collapsing.... not physically (although at the rate she’s going she will be too weak to finish the marathon.)

she was in the depths of an eating disorder and training in dance for what seemed to be a minimum of 12 hours a week. That in top of her studies and extra walking/running/general cardio meant her mind was under strain, and I’d say that’s the way she’s headed now, except replace dance with marathon.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Her meal plate in the latest vlog is so sad - she’s filled the plate with plain rice to make it look like lots of food but there’s hardly any calories on that plate. Rice and salad vegetables are just not enough. I feel for her because it must be miserable to be hungry. :(

• Sad

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Does she mean she washes her sheets every day (not usual in some circumstances, esp on MN) but i thought from her sustainability point of view that would be wasteful, or she literally takes off the sheets and puts them back on as a control measure so she isnt tempted to get back in bed
Wouldn't work for me, like all normal people I have thought 'fuck it' at least once and slept on the bed after it was stripped.

Definitely wasn't the result of mistakenly trusting a fart at 2am. Not me.

• Haha

rrggmmoo

Summary of newest video
-Her MBTI type is INFJ-T
-Her project is in rare genetic abnormalities
-She doesn't know if she wants to do a PhD in cancer biology yet
-She grew up in a household where people swear so that's why she swears (seriously wtf was this question)
-She's single
-She has never wanted to kiss a guy but couldn't
-She doesn't know if she'll ever kiss a boy
-She really misses travelling
-She'd like another cat if she moves out
-It's taken her a long time to feel happy about having a period. She does have a regular period now and wants to make a video centring on her period story. Her body has changed the most it ever has in the last two years. Says a lot about how women are meant to have periods (which felt like she was treading into slightly problematic wording to me).
-She says she is not underweight, she is a healthy weight and her body is functioning normally.
-She is 100% straight and is open to a relationship.
-She has a healthy relationship with food according to herself, especially because she's ok eating nut butters.
-She grew up eating plain food and that's why she continues to do so.
-She will never stop being vegan.
-She has a healthy relationship with exercise now.
-She wonders why people still label her as someone with disordered eating or an eating disorder.
-She's scared about having a boyfriend one day.
-She doesn't know what she wants to do after her masters and wants people to be ok being indecisive.
-She's not vaccinated yet but will be when she's offered it.
there's literally nothing problematic about saying women are meant to have periods lol. periods are an indicator of health...

• Heart

3littlekittens

I think she mentioned in a recent video (I can't remember which one, they are all the same) that if we were eagle eyes enough we might've already seen what it is, which makes me think it's a merch/collab thing.
Ugh I hope it's not more merch. I hate her Narna stuff. Like I get that merch is supposed to be money grab first and foremost. But if you're gonna take your fans' money, at least give them something that looks nice?

hpprotego

Chatty Member
So the new video is basically

Holly showing us she doesn’t do any of her own laundry, barely knowing how to even work the washing machine

commenting on her mum and herself farting (more than once at more than one point in the video)

unnecessarily entering the shops when you should only have one adult from a household going in (although Holly seemingly has the mental age of a 5 year old so maybe that counts?)

aaaand basically being an overall mug on camera for the whole general public to see? How will this girl hold down an actual job I stg

• Sick
  • Haha
Holly is British so she won't have a gynecologist. Going to a gynecologist for regular check ups is just not something we do in the UK. She will start having smear tests at 25 but those are done by nurses in GP practices.

Her GP won't have realised anything was wrong unless she specifically told him/her she wasn't getting periods.

• Wow

treasuredintention

Holly, no that's not a flex.. your "muscles" are showing because there's nothing left on your body, not because they are developed... cf. her IG story

• Wow
  • Sad

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
I for my part got briefly excited when Holly said sth about "trying a new kind of breakfast" in her newest vlog - but it turnt out she meant putting oats into a bowl and then putting a smoothie into the same bowl and stirring. Apparently she's never done that before and apparently it's "oh my god so GOOD". Not exactly a revolutionary change..

• Haha
  • Sick
Is biology her degree? I think not.
PS I’m in the bio field as well
I mean it basically is. There are two main paths at Cambridge - bio natsci and phys natsci. She probably did pathology as her part II option, as that is one of the main ones that you can take cancer modules in.

• Heart

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I actually enjoyed her dark academia video. It did make me sad to see how badly she wants her mother's approval and how unwilling she is to give it. Also the bit with the candle was so childish. But it was nice to see her do something different. Ruby must be seething lol

emm

VIP Member
Isn’t it better in terms of the level of training a marathon entails to be on the higher end of healthy weight now, I honestly can’t see her completing it.
I unfortunately think she will push herself too far and end up injuring herself

swishswishbish1

Holly just sorta continues to embarrass herself online? Idk how she isn’t embarrassed with half her content???

rolling around on the floor of her bedroom, being an absolute crackhead with her sister, invading personal space of people she lives with, not being able to spell even though she’s legit been to Cambridge and is doing a masters, saying she hates working in groups even though she runs a tutoring business, showing stupid decisions like continuing to exercise on an injury, prancing around supermarkets like shes 5, making sexual faces when she takes a bite of spinach, filming her brother half asleep for TikTok, not knowing what WAP means but doing the dance anyways

like there’s just so much????
I also don't understand how it doesn't cross her mind that having such content online could seriously her in her future career (that is if she actually decides to do a PhD/do anything else with her Master's that isn't tutoring). I don't know, a potential employer may not dig deep enough to find the WAP dance on TikTok, but even googling her name, coming across her YouTube channel and seeing videos with titles like "I WENT ON DATING APPS 😳 FT. *PARENT REACTIONS*" – personally, I wouldn't want that.

moosesauna

Chatty Member
Damn I wasn't aware of that video. Not surprised actually, but it's a shame. As a Greek living in the UK I die when I see people cook using a zero calorie oil spray or whatever. Literally a tablespoon of olive oil won't kill you.

Food is so much more than fuel, it's a source of enjoyment and pleasure and she's denying herself that altogether. Also it's not about calories, it's also about nutritional value and good olive oil has plenty of healthful properties. There's a reason it's such a staple in the Mediterranean diet, which is considered one of the healthiest and most balanced lifestyles. She might be eating plant-based, but she's definitely not getting all the nutrients she needs, judging by the look of her skin and her hair.
The zero cal spray is full of chemicals that not only destroy your pans and taste awful but probably have a much worse effect on your body than a little bit of oil! Oil phobics are usually always people with disordered eating habits who are scared of the extra calories, and try to come up with ~~scientific~~ reasons to justify that source: personal experience of being a bitchy anorexic as a teen. To put this stuff out there is dangerous and could tip a lot of younger viewers towards restrictive eating. Glad to see that the comments were mostly against her views!!

Why do people expect influencers to talk about their periods? Fine if they want to, but I think it's unfair to constantly bombard someone with questions about a topic they don't want to share.

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Honestly Holly being CEO or whatever of a tutoring business is still so weird to me. Like I just don't get the impression from her videos that she enjoys it, it seems like just one more chore/todo list item for her? Plus she doesn't seem really interested in either business administration or education/teaching.. and she's not even handling the business herself really, seeing how her mom constantly has to help her/watch over what Holly does. (Then again maybe I'm just salty cause I've been tutoring for years but I've never founded a business lmao)