Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been to U.K. centre Parcs? Would you say it’s worth the money in summer holidays?
We have always wanted to go but never had the money to afford august before, is the money better spent at a different resort or is cp worth the money?
Our friends went recently (can't remember which one sorry!) and they said they had fun but the facilities were a let down, very dirty and unkept.
They also commented on how pricey it was for activities and bar bringing your own food shop, it's pricey to eat at their restaurants.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone been to U.K. centre Parcs? Would you say it’s worth the money in summer holidays?
We have always wanted to go but never had the money to afford august before, is the money better spent at a different resort or is cp worth the money?
I have and personally prefer Forest Holidays in terms of standard of accommodation and price.
If you’ve got young kids you may as well go to Butlins.

I’m going round in circles with my holiday search with my husband.
Looking for somewhere chill in Europe (Sardinia, Greece, Cyrus) for 7 nights next month. Also open to other countries.
not fussed about evening entertainment, or daytime activities. ideally would be adults only and very close to a beach and a town to visit in the evenings. Not fussed about board basiS
Have been to Stella island in Crete and loved it, that kind of vibe ideal
me and my partner just have booked Kos for next month in Greece, we wanted the same as you adults only/chill in the day and a town for the evenings, so we are staying near Kos Town and it was also fairly cheap for a week

Reactions: 2
Thinking of Corfu for 10 days in mid June next year. Was thinking of splitting out time between Corfu Town and Kalami.
Corfu town for history and architecture and Kalami to just chill and relax. We are a couple late thirties/early forties.
It will be our first time in Corfu. Has anyone got any advice/recommendations?

Anyone been to Naxos in Greece and Florence in Italy and have any recommendations? Good food/drink spots? Visiting for the first time in a few weeks.

Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants in Lisbon? We’ve got the casual bits sorted (pastel de nata, piri piri street food and Time Out market) but would like a sit down meal for one night. Am I missing something or are lots of the restaurants Spanish tapas? I wanted to try more Portuguese or typical Lisbon stuff 🤔

Can anyone recommend any nice restaurants in Lisbon? We’ve got the casual bits sorted (pastel de nata, piri piri street food and Time Out market) but would like a sit down meal for one night. Am I missing something or are lots of the restaurants Spanish tapas? I wanted to try more Portuguese or typical Lisbon stuff 🤔
Sanskar Nepalese was insane!! My husband and I still talk about it. And they even have their own vegan menu if you are 🌱 and it’s delicious
---
Thinking of Corfu for 10 days in mid June next year. Was thinking of splitting out time between Corfu Town and Kalami.
Corfu town for history and architecture and Kalami to just chill and relax. We are a couple late thirties/early forties.
It will be our first time in Corfu. Has anyone got any advice/recommendations?
Check out La grotta bar! And imabari. Both stunning and you can take a dip there too! Check out Google images
---
My favourite European city. Food is good, the people are friendly and there's just a nice vibe
went for my 30th and really enjoyed it!
---
Best country you’ve been: Botswana
Worst country/country you’d not recommend: Dubai
Overrated country: Dubai
Understand country: Zimbabwe
Best city: Rome
Worst city/city you’d not recommend: Amsterdam or Vegas
Best thing/place you’ve seen: Rhinos on safari, Victoria Falls/ Taj Mahal/ Grand Canyon
Best food: Italy or SoF
Worst food: none!
Place you felt safest: Lake Como/cinque Terre/ SoF/Portofino
Place you felt least safe: Delhi, LA or Joburg
Best activity/tour you’ve done: safari
Worst activity/tour you’ve done: anything that involves heights!
Countries you’ve been (so we can see what countries you are comparing)
Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, UAE, USA, India, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Malta, Botswana, Zambia, Croatia, Slovenia
Least safe in jo burg YEP I agree
---
I’ve been in March which was a little chilly but just dressed warmly and still walked everywhere. Not sure how rainy Feb would be. Otherwise I’ve been during the summer which is nice and toasty.
---

Definitely do a day out to Sintra, it’s amazing. Take an old tram for the experience also just walk around and explore as there is so much to see and do.
Belem Tower, the Monastry and Time out market are all near each other and can be done together.
Castelo de Jorge is another must plus we wondered around and found all sorts of cathedrals and architecture. A lot of people did the lift but we just took some photos and moved on.
If you have time go over to the island and see the Jesus statue.

Honestly for me it didn’t matter where we ate the food was good.
Sintra was so pretty! You can get the train there super easily and it’s cheap. There’s also cascais on the coast, I didn’t get there but friends did and they really rated it as a cute little seaside town

Anyone been to Naxos in Greece and Florence in Italy and have any recommendations? Good food/drink spots? Visiting for the first time in a few weeks.
For Florence

- Ghibellina Forno Bakery
- Pizza Napoli 1955
- All’Antico Vianaio for sandwiches (the queue gets absolutely huge here so we went just before lunch time)

For drinks Iove The Joshua Tree bar

and for things to do definitely see the Duomo and Piazzale Michelangelo.

I know this sounds pathetic but coming on this thread now is actually painful 😔

Had the most perfect honeymoon and we need to move next year so really have to focus on that so can't really go away until after then.

But holidays are my happy thing. I feel at my happiest when I'm away and I just feel so sad knowing I'm not going away any time soon. I always used to have another holiday to look forward to to get me out of the blues so this feels crap. I know that's such a first world problem, but it's the way I feel 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Is there anywhere anybody recommends for a short solo trip, with nice weather and quite a bit to do?

Is there anywhere anybody recommends for a short solo trip, with nice weather and quite a bit to do?
If you fancy something that isn’t just an island, Berlin in the summertime is amazing and hot! There’s so much going on, loads of museums and festivals, and everyone is very friendly and it feels so safe.

Reactions: 5
Booked our first family beach holiday. 2 kids, 5 & 7. What are your absolute must haves to take with you? What are the hidden gems I might not think of?

Can you tell I'm panicking!!

Booked our first family beach holiday. 2 kids, 5 & 7. What are your absolute must haves to take with you? What are the hidden gems I might not think of?

Can you tell I'm panicking!!
I don't have kids so no tips related to that but just some more general travel ones.
Pack a cork screw/bottle opener if you drink alcohol. The number of times I've had to buy this to have some wine in the room so now we always have one in our checked bag - I imagine it would be confiscated in a hand luggage though!
Try and plan out outfits before going. It makes packing more efficient - less likely to bring lots you won't need. Also don't pack anything you are on the fence about wearing or could potentially feel uncomfortable. If its a hot country you are visiting you'll hate wearing anything that isn't comfy.

I was in Naxos on holidays last month. It’s such a beautiful place, you are in for a treat!

Waffle House for ice cream. It’s to die for. Especially the potato chip one if you have a sweet tooth (don’t let the word potato put you off)

Taverna Naxos - really good food. Amazing value and big portions

Metaxi mas - really nice location in the old town. The fried cheese was delicious

Naxos bakery have some amazing cakes

I would avoid La Vinge. Staff are rude and it’s expensive with tiny portions.

If you can take a trip to Halki. It’s really pretty. The custard pasty from the coffee shop is delicious as is their savoury food.

I’m 21 days out from my holiday to Portugal. We’re going to Albufeira - any recommendations? I’m preggo so no water sports, but happy to wander in the heat.

I've got 4 holidays booked! I don't know what the hell has taken over me or how I'm going to pay for them all 😂

Mexico - 36 days
Egypt - 282 days
Secret city break - 294 days
Tunisia - 485 days!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.