Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not just you, well I usually do it at least 10 days before so not as bad. Last time it was about a 35 days before as I came back washed and repacked the clothes 😄
Im too excited clearly 🤣 tbh my weight has changed so I’ve pretty much had to buy all new things so it’s just easier to put everything in the suitcase as it’s arriving through the postbox! So I’ve been sorting it out as I go along - waiting for the day I can finally leave 🤣☀🏝

Reactions: 1
Have a couple of weeks off in late September early October and thinking about a solo trip to Japan but it would be my first experience travelling in Asia and in a little bit daunted by the thought. Enjoying researching but not sure if I’ll have the courage to go ahead. But then again don’t really want to end up doing the same old things in Europe/ North America.

Reactions: 3
I'm thinking of going to Cardiff for a weekend at the end of July and I might go to London for a few days. I'm not massively keen on flying, so I don't really go abroad much.

Thank you! Is there anything you recommend in particular, location wise etc?
there's plenty to do! and a car is not needed most of the time since there's the tram/bus/train and plenty of street cabs readily avaiilable.

My top 5:
* Mercado de la boqueria
* Montjuic Castle / Plaza Espanya
* Teleferic cable (barcelona cable car)
* Maremagnum mall (shopping)
* Tibidabo (great for sightseeing and amazing sunset views)

Thank you! Is there anything you recommend in particular, location wise etc?
If you’re not fussy on hotels I actually stayed in a Travelodge in Poblenou, it’s outside the city centre so it’s cheaper and there’s a metro stop nearby to easily get in and out the city. I always felt safe and would often come back late at night on my own. The beach near the hotel is also quieter.

Whilst I was there I visited all the Gaudi sites and ate a lot of tapas and drank a lot of mojitos 😅

My sister in law now lives an hour outside Barcelona so we’re going to stay with her for a week at the end of August and I’m hoping we get to spend at least a day in the city as I would love to visit again.

I have a holiday to Crete booked for September. I find Greece can be tricky as I like authentic, old Greece & hate to end up in touristy restaurants churning out ‘fast Greek food’ if that makes sense?! If anyone has tips or recommendations/where to avoid for the Elounda area I’d be truly grateful 😊

My first holiday of the year is to Cornwall next week. I'm very excited as I do love staycations. It's my first holiday since my Grandma died so it will be nice to have a breather from reality for a bit. The past few months have been chaotic.

Not me packing my suitcase 41 days in advance 🧳🤣
And here's me thinking 3 days in advance is too soon.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If you’re not fussy on hotels I actually stayed in a Travelodge in Poblenou, it’s outside the city centre so it’s cheaper and there’s a metro stop nearby to easily get in and out the city. I always felt safe and would often come back late at night on my own. The beach near the hotel is also quieter.

Whilst I was there I visited all the Gaudi sites and ate a lot of tapas and drank a lot of mojitos 😅

My sister in law now lives an hour outside Barcelona so we’re going to stay with her for a week at the end of August and I’m hoping we get to spend at least a day in the city as I would love to visit again.
Thank you! I think Im going to stay in this location if this is the case; I went to Prague alone for the first time this year (my first solo trip) and it was really similar to that - hotel was a little out of the city centre but with a metro stop so close and i felt so so so safe there! It was a Novotel too and wonderfully priced. Thank you so much, looking to go in around 3 weeks!

I was looking at going to Venice for a few days then onto somewhere else to relax. But it seems cheaper to just stay in Venice. The hotel doesn’t have a pool. Wondering if anyone had any advice regarding somewhere I can go to relax either a pool I can pay to use for a day or two or a close by beach I could get to via public transport?

I was looking at going to Venice for a few days then onto somewhere else to relax. But it seems cheaper to just stay in Venice. The hotel doesn’t have a pool. Wondering if anyone had any advice regarding somewhere I can go to relax either a pool I can pay to use for a day or two or a close by beach I could get to via public transport?
Venice Lido is a nearby beach, you can get boats or buses there from the centre of Venice really easily. When we visited Venice as part of a longer road trip we stayed outside of Venice in Ca’ Savio and got the bus into Venice each day. There’s a beach there but the travel to and fro was quite expensive and took a while, so I would definitely recommend staying in Venice, especially as you say it’s looking to be doable, cost-wise.

ETA - we got the boat, not bus!!

Last edited:
Venice Lido is a nearby beach, you can get boats or buses there from the centre of Venice really easily. When we visited Venice as part of a longer road trip we stayed outside of Venice in Ca’ Savio and got the bus into Venice each day. There’s a beach there but the travel to and fro was quite expensive and took a while, so I would definitely recommend staying in Venice, especially as you say it’s looking to be doable, cost-wise.
Yeah the hotel I found is in the centre and will be for 7/8days so I just wanted to make sure there was somewhere I could relax. As I like to do a bit of relaxing and sight seeing 😄 thank you
---

ETA - we got the boat, not bus!!
What time of year did you go? I was planning June but it’s cheaper in July

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Just checked into the premier inn before my holiday to Cape Verde tomorrow 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah the hotel I found is in the centre and will be for 7/8days so I just wanted to make sure there was somewhere I could relax. As I like to do a bit of relaxing and sight seeing 😄 thank you
---

What time of year did you go? I was planning June but it’s cheaper in July
I went in September! I imagine it’ll be really hot and busy in July but if youve got some chilled out beach days built in and you prebook any important to see visitor attractions you’ll be good!

I went in September! I imagine it’ll be really hot and busy in July but if youve got some chilled out beach days built in and you prebook any important to see visitor attractions you’ll be good!
I found out Venice Film Festival would likely be end of August which is actually when it was one of the cheaper times to go over summer. Not the cheapest but maybe I’ll go then although will probably be even busier

Just checked into the premier inn before my holiday to Cape Verde tomorrow 🥳
Have a fab time, I would love to go there but my parents went and said there are tons of butterflies and I am so scared of them. They are just fancy moths in my head!

• Haha
Have a fab time, I would love to go there but my parents went and said there are tons of butterflies and I am so scared of them. They are just fancy moths in my head!
I don't think I have seen a single butterfly yet!

Have the best time!!! This is officially my favourite thread, it makes me so happy.

@JoJo76 that is hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣 they are low-key scary
Thank you!

It's our third time to Cape Verde, did Sal 2011, Boa Vista 2018 and now back to Sal but different hotel. I love it here.

Does anyone know when easyjet release the next batch of flights from March 2024 onwards!
I’m looking for June next year. I thought it was around middle of June, but nothing yet!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.