Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right so looking into booking a few days away for our anniversary next year, late April/early May We are looking for:

- likely to have decent weather
- reasonably priced
- enough to keep us occupied for a few days
- really scenic (e.g beaches/pretty harbour/mountains/old town)
- decent public transport if we don't fancy hiring a car

Bonus if it's a bit of a hidden gem.

Not Barcelona or Amsterdam just because he's been there loads and wants to try somewhere new.

Reactions: 3
Right so looking into booking a few days away for our anniversary next year, late April/early May We are looking for:

- reasonably priced

Not Barcelona or Amsterdam just because he's been there loads and wants to try somewhere new.
I was going to say Budapest. We went early May a few years ago the weather was nice enough. Good price and was a lot to do, we used public transport which was great.

Reactions: 2

- reasonably priced

I've heard great things about Dubrovnik and is somewhere I'm looking to go.

Lisbon is my favourite city in Europe (not that I've been to all 😆 )

Reactions: 1
I was going to say Budapest. We went early May a few years ago the weather was nice enough. Good price and was a lot to do, we used public transport which was great.
My instinct was Budapest too. We went beginning of April and had lovely weather

- reasonably priced

Palma or Dubrovnik

I have a holiday to Crete booked for September. I find Greece can be tricky as I like authentic, old Greece & hate to end up in touristy restaurants churning out ‘fast Greek food’ if that makes sense?! If anyone has tips or recommendations/where to avoid for the Elounda area I’d be truly grateful 😊

Try and get across to the leper island.

- reasonably priced

Dubrovnik is wonderful. Not much of a hidden gem as its very popular and it is quite pricey but it is lovely and very unique.

Lisbon has beaches close by too.

I've never been but have heard good things about Malaga as well for a short break

- reasonably priced

- seville
- seconding/thirding porto
- dubrovnik is also great but i did find that there wasn’t much to do after a few days! plan a lot of day trips if you’re going there imo.

Any recommendations for restaurants / bars in Barcelona?
El Nacional for the tapas auction, so fun!!

- reasonably priced

Just back from Lisbon and ticks all these boxes, it’s just fabulous!! Couldn’t recommend it more highly.

Hi. Nice, reasonable priced hotel in Palma, walking distance of the city. Does not need to have a pool but needs a sun deck.
Thank you.

I wouldn't mind a holiday, but i just cannot stand the queuing, planning, and waiting around at the airport. Does my head in.

The only way i can stand it is if I'm going away for a few weeks rather than a week to two weeks.

I have looked at going furtger afield like India/Asia or Africa. Egypt has always been somewhere I've wanted to visit. I love the historical stuff.

Reactions: 3
I wouldn't mind a holiday, but i just cannot stand the queuing, planning, and waiting around at the airport. Does my head in.

The only way i can stand it is if I'm going away for a few weeks rather than a week to two weeks.

I have looked at going furtger afield like India/Asia or Africa. Egypt has always been somewhere I've wanted to visit. I love the historical stuff.
What about Jordan. So much to do there and you can also combine it to have a few days doing nothing relaxing at a beach on the Red Sea there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.