Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I‘m thinking of using my flight points to travel to Switzerland as I’ve never been. The airport choices are Zurich, Geneva or Basel.
Does anybody have a recommendation on which to choose?

Or where would you go within Europe? Just looking for a short break.
Geneva is stunning, I’ve been for the day so didn’t get chance to do much but I’m sure you could stay busy for a few days in that area, especially with a car. I flew into Basel when I visited Strasbourg at Christmas, it’s a great starting point for visiting the wider area. From there you could do Strasbourg/Colmar, Freiburg, Baden-Baden, and it’s really easy to navigate by train.

Reactions: 1
Geneva is stunning, I’ve been for the day so didn’t get chance to do much but I’m sure you could stay busy for a few days in that area, especially with a car. I flew into Basel when I visited Strasbourg at Christmas, it’s a great starting point for visiting the wider area. From there you could do Strasbourg/Colmar, Freiburg, Baden-Baden, and it’s really easy to navigate by train.
Is it better to go in colder or hotter weather? I always try to avoid school holidays if I can

Best country you’ve been: Thailand
Worst country/country you’d not recommend: Sri Lanka
Overrated country: N/A
Understated country: Taiwan/ Cambodia/Macedonia
Best city: Bangkok/Tokyo
Worst city/city you’d not recommend: Wroclaw, Poland - found it very boring
Best thing/place you’ve seen: Taj Mahal in India
Best food: Italy, Greece, Thailand, Japan
Worst food: Sri Lanka
Place you felt safest: most countries
Place you felt least safe: Sri Lanka
Best activity/tour you’ve done: jungle experience in Costa Rica
Worst activity/tour you’ve done: Grand Canyon tour - got stuck in traffic so didn't get to spend enough time there
Countries you’ve been (so we can see what countries you are comparing) USA, Italy, Iceland, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Belgium, Laos, Indonesia, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Sri Lanka, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Nigaragua, Hungary, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Slovenia, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anybody have any opinions on Lisbon? I really want to go but I’ve heard mixed reviews!

Best country you’ve been: Botswana
Worst country/country you’d not recommend: Dubai
Overrated country: Dubai
Understand country: Zimbabwe
Best city: Rome
Worst city/city you’d not recommend: Amsterdam or Vegas
Best thing/place you’ve seen: Rhinos on safari, Victoria Falls/ Taj Mahal/ Grand Canyon
Best food: Italy or SoF
Worst food: none!
Place you felt safest: Lake Como/cinque Terre/ SoF/Portofino
Place you felt least safe: Delhi, LA or Joburg
Best activity/tour you’ve done: safari
Worst activity/tour you’ve done: anything that involves heights!
Countries you’ve been (so we can see what countries you are comparing)
Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, UAE, USA, India, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Malta, Botswana, Zambia, Croatia, Slovenia

Amazing thank you! What time of year have you visited? Thinking of going in February next year and wondering if the weather is any good that time of year!
I’ve been in March which was a little chilly but just dressed warmly and still walked everywhere. Not sure how rainy Feb would be. Otherwise I’ve been during the summer which is nice and toasty.
---
This is good to hear, I've got a few days booked in July
Any recommendations for stuff to do?
Definitely do a day out to Sintra, it’s amazing. Take an old tram for the experience also just walk around and explore as there is so much to see and do.
Belem Tower, the Monastry and Time out market are all near each other and can be done together.
Castelo de Jorge is another must plus we wondered around and found all sorts of cathedrals and architecture. A lot of people did the lift but we just took some photos and moved on.
If you have time go over to the island and see the Jesus statue.

Honestly for me it didn’t matter where we ate the food was good.

Last edited:
Is it better to go in colder or hotter weather? I always try to avoid school holidays if I can
I think either would be lovely! I visited Geneva (and Freiburg, in Germany but close to Basel) in September, the weather was warm and sunny but not too hot, and then near to Basel in November, it was bit drizzly at times but not too cold. 😊 im not sure what the peak time of year would be for Switzerland, perhaps winter for the skiing, might affect prices?

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?
Looking for an adult only AI for next June.

Mybcriteria are beachfront, really decent food and alcohol, and at least two pools,with decent sun loungers and umbrellas.

I’m just after a week of chilling reading and eating lovely food. Don’t mind where it is particularly, but thinking maybe the canaries or the Balearics.

it’ll just be me, so somewhere that a solo female traveler would feel very comfortable.

Has anyone stayed somewhere like this. Please share if you have. Budget is around £1000, but could bump it up a little bit for something special!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m going round in circles with my holiday search with my husband.
Looking for somewhere chill in Europe (Sardinia, Greece, Cyrus) for 7 nights next month. Also open to other countries.
not fussed about evening entertainment, or daytime activities. ideally would be adults only and very close to a beach and a town to visit in the evenings. Not fussed about board basiS
Have been to Stella island in Crete and loved it, that kind of vibe ideal

Looking for somewhere chill in Europe (Sardinia, Greece, Cyrus) for 7 nights next month. Also open to other countries.
not fussed about evening entertainment, or daytime activities. ideally would be adults only and very close to a beach and a town to visit in the evenings. Not fussed about board basiS
We’ve booked tui blue Falesia in algarve Portugal for July and it looks dreamy. Adults only all inclusive 👌🏻

We loved Eden Roc in Rhodes

Has anyone been to U.K. centre Parcs? Would you say it’s worth the money in summer holidays?
We have always wanted to go but never had the money to afford august before, is the money better spent at a different resort or is cp worth the money?

Has anyone been to U.K. centre Parcs? Would you say it’s worth the money in summer holidays?
We have always wanted to go but never had the money to afford august before, is the money better spent at a different resort or is cp worth the money?
Sorry I’ve not been but saw on Twitter a man decided to take his family to Centre Parcs in Belgium as it cost something like £700 whereas in Britain they wanted nearly 2k😂

Reactions: 3
Yep that’s the amount which is why I’m wondering if it’s worth it lol. Anything decent seems to cost that. Forest holidays or bluestone are the same cost.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.