Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone have any suggestions for a good UK break? Preferably a city or a town with a lot to do. Went to Edinburgh recently and really enjoyed it. I liked how you could easily walk to all the attractions. I live in the north so preferably not somewhere too far away 😄
I really like Glasgow for a break away. The people are lovely, there is so much to see and do and I just think its a great city to get around aswell :)

Another was Oxford - friendly people, great for shopping and some nice little bars.

Reactions: 4
I have booked a month in Goa for January 24, I have booked 22 nights accommodation but I am left with a week to fill which I am struggling with , I do know I want to see more of India so I am going backwards and forwards between Amritsar, Varanasi and Kerala..

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hello lovelies!
We are booking Rome next week but we are stuck on whether to go for an AirBNB or a hotel
Both practically the same price, but wasn't too sure what to go for !!

Reactions: 1
Hello lovelies!
We are booking Rome next week but we are stuck on whether to go for an AirBNB or a hotel
Either but don’t bother paying for a meal package or breakfast at a hotel.

Hello lovelies!
I’d always choose a hotel.
Beds made every day, someone coming in to clean round, help available if you need it.
Don’t take breakfast, instead go out for coffee and something nice. You’ll find your spot.

We had our first ever all inclusive holiday last year - wasn’t awful but wouldn’t ever do it again.
This year we’ve been to Cuba, France and have plans for Austria and if I get a bonus I’m planning on surprising my husband with a trip to Paris for his birthday.

I’d always choose a hotel.
Beds made every day, someone coming in to clean round, help available if you need it.
Don’t take breakfast, instead go out for coffee and something nice. You’ll find your spot.

We had our first ever all inclusive holiday last year - wasn’t awful but wouldn’t ever do it again.
This year we’ve been to Cuba, France and have plans for Austria and if I get a bonus I’m planning on surprising my husband with a trip to Paris for his birthday.
See this is what I'm thinking, but we are also toying with the fact we dont have the money this year to go out for dinner everyday so we wanted to be able to cook ;/ I'm so stuck !

Wow, what was Cuba like!!!

See this is what I'm thinking, but we are also toying with the fact we dont have the money this year to go out for dinner everyday so we wanted to be able to cook ;/ I'm so stuck !
We personally chose AirBnbs for this reason, we tend to go out for dinner but try to have breakfast and lunch from our own supplies or make a picnic of sorts.

A hotel is nice to come back to clean rooms etc, but we're not too messy and like being in control who has been in our space ☺

• Heart
Hello lovelies!
I always go for Airbnb. We make our own breakfast and something for lunch and don’t feel the cost of having dinner out everyday is that bad if we can save on 2 meals. It saves a lot overall!

Reactions: 3
Personally, I prefer an airbnb for breaks like this because I like the flexibility of having a bit more than just a hotel room. We stayed in a studio apartment when we were in Rome last year and it was great because we got some wine and nibbles in for afternoon/evening as well as breakfasty bits so didn't have to eat out as much. It was sort of a apartment/hotel hybrid though so still had the personal touch of checkin and people there each day and housekeeping, but was more than just a little hotel room.

The main thing with Rome is the location though, having stayed in the outskirts and v central it is so nice being in the centre and being able to walk everywhere.

Personally, I prefer an airbnb for breaks like this because I like the flexibility of having a bit more than just a hotel room. We stayed in a studio apartment when we were in Rome last year and it was great because we got some wine and nibbles in for afternoon/evening as well as breakfasty bits so didn't have to eat out as much. It was sort of a apartment/hotel hybrid though so still had the personal touch of checkin and people there each day and housekeeping, but was more than just a little hotel room.

The main thing with Rome is the location though, having stayed in the outskirts and v central it is so nice being in the centre and being able to walk everywhere.
Exactly this !! We don't want to have to pay for every meal, and to be fair we arent expecting to be in the place a lot as we'd like to see as much as we can while we're out!
The place I am currently looking at is about 20 mins walk into central and very close to the metro, it's also an entire flat to ourselves which is exactly what we'd want so I think I might just go for it !

• Heart
Exactly this !! We don't want to have to pay for every meal, and to be fair we arent expecting to be in the place a lot as we'd like to see as much as we can while we're out!
The place I am currently looking at is about 20 mins walk into central and very close to the metro, it's also an entire flat to ourselves which is exactly what we'd want so I think I might just go for it !
That sounds ideal to me! I'm jealous, I love Rome! Such a fun city 🥳

• Heart
Montenegro - I stayed in Perast which is stunning but would recommend a hire car if staying out of Kotor.

Croatia - Orebic/Lovist/Korcula are are stunning.

Just looked at flights on Ryanair to Spain at the start of July….nearly £1800 for 2 adults, a 12 year old and a baby. 😢🙈 HOW can they charge that?!

We’re going on a couples only holiday to Portugal on July and I cannot wait. The only issue is that I’ll be 15 weeks pregnant (still, hopefully) (I’m assuming they’ll let me in still?) so that’ll be a new experience 🥵. I’m hoping we can get back to Copenhagen in September, before the bairn comes along but I’m not holding out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.