Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We went to thassos in Greece a couple of years ago in May. Had a lovely chilled week. Stayed b&b and ate out for other meals.
Haven’t been to Crete yet. It’s on my list.
---
@StrawberryBanana90 Lisbon is great for city and beach. Perfect for a few days.
We visited Cascais on the train. It’s only 40 mins and a gorgeous little place with plenty of great places to eat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
We had a fabulous week in May in Crete- weather was perfect, great food and people. Resort was in a town near Chania, on the beach with plenty of shops/ restaurants etc. Chania was also nice to pop in for a stroll and mooch around the shops in the old town. Friends stayed on the NE part of the island and also enjoyed it. Heraklion (has another airport) is more of a party town.
Which resort did you stop it?

Just came to ask about Chania. There’s so many resorts I don’t know where is best! We have 2 children 4 and under 1. We went to Santa Eulila in Ibiza and it was gorgeous. Quiet on a night but still plenty of bars to visit. We went to Majorca and weren’t as keen - very much Brit abroad with hundreds of Irish bars 😂

Reactions: 2

Just came to ask about Chania. There’s so many resorts I don’t know where is best! We have 2 children 4 and under 1. We went to Santa Eulila in Ibiza and it was gorgeous. Quiet on a night but still plenty of bars to visit. We went to Majorca and weren’t as keen - very much Brit abroad with hundreds of Irish bars 😂
Minoa Palace Restort in Platania which was a small town with lots of hotels, bars, shops, long strip of quiet beach. Crete is more popular with Scandinavians and Germans. I’d recommend Rhodes as well as we had a fab time there but not sure if they have recovers after the awful fires they had last year.

Ibiza is on my to visit list. Went to Majorca last year and liked it, but think it would have a better holiday if we book a villa and a car next time.

We stayed in Chania 2 years ago (daughter was 4 at the time) at TUI Blue Creta Paradise.

We’re back for a second year this summer to Kos as we all loved it so much. Same hotel - Grecotel Casa Paradiso. There are several Grecotel resorts in Greece. A friend who’s a travel agent recommended them.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a family hotel with water park onsite? Anywhere in Europe really, we will go AI and probably won’t venture out of the hotel much.

We’ve just booked a trip 😁 anyone been/got any recommendations for the below places?

Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Penang
Bangkok
Koh Samui

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We’ve just booked a trip 😁 anyone been/got any recommendations for the below places?

Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Penang
Bangkok
Koh Samui
Been to Singapore, Bangkok and koh samui many many years ago so too long ago for recommendations (can’t really remember and a lot will have changed).. however just want to say your trip sounds amazing!

Oh, Singapore was very expensive for alcohol! But Thailand was very cheap 🤣

• Heart

Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Penang
Bangkok
Koh Samui
If you're on Koh Samui for a few days, I'd highly recommend a boat trip to Ang Thong national marine park....stunning scenery and great snorkelling
also make a trip to Fisherman's village and have a cocktail/ meal at Coco Tam beach bar and watch the fire show
been to Koh Samui twice and loved the island

• Heart
Been to Singapore, Bangkok and koh samui many many years ago so too long ago for recommendations (can’t really remember and a lot will have changed).. however just want to say your trip sounds amazing!

Oh, Singapore was very expensive for alcohol! But Thailand was very cheap 🤣
I can’t wait ❤ I’ve never been to SE Asia before so really looking forward to it. Flights and hotels have been so cheap so far too! Except Singapore because it’ll be my birthday and I want to stay in raffles 😂😳
---
If you're on Koh Samui for a few days, I'd highly recommend a boat trip to Ang Thong national marine park....stunning scenery and great snorkelling
also make a trip to Fisherman's village and have a cocktail/ meal at Coco Tam beach bar and watch the fire show
been to Koh Samui twice and loved the island
amazing!! Thank you these both look great 😄

• Heart

Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Penang
Bangkok
Koh Samui
Not long back from Singapore/Thailand

Singapore -
There is a bar underneath Marina Bay Sands hotel called Le Noir and it was so much fun! - The staff were so friendly, they had live music and the Singapore Slings and Purple Rain cocktails were amazing. They do some of the best beef sliders I have ever tasted too btw! We sat at a high table so beside the footpath which was class for people watching and we were able to see the fountain show which was every 30minutes. The view across the water is pretty cool. We then walked around to the Lantern bar which is on the roof of a hotel, and you had an amazing view right over the water to Marina Bay Sands hotel. We stayed in the Crowne Plaza hotel at the airport which was sooo handy and they have such a good pool :) Singapore is amazing, the friendliest people.

I'm always banging on about Thailand on this thread lol, I've not been to Koh Samui but I have done Chiang Rai/Khao Lak/Phuket & Bangkok
Bangkok is such a fun city too, I'd definitely recommend a visit up the Lebua State Tower - the views are something else. Men have to wear long trousers though which my partner wasn't so he had to buy some lovely tailored Lee jeans from a little tailor on the ground floor 😂
You will love just walking about Bangkok, every corner has something new to see and again, the people are amazing. So cheap for food and drinks.
Khao san Rd in Bangkok is great for people watching! :)

Enjoy your trip!! :)

Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Penang
Bangkok
Koh Samui
Yes all but Penang , many times although not for quite a few years
My favourite city is Bangkok - Great massages , if you are there at the weekend I recommend Chatuchak market, its seriously huge
Kuala Lumpur definitely recommend Jalan Alor ( Food street) for the best satay known to man
Singapore, can't leave without a singapore sling at Raffles hotel although I cannot imagine what kind of money they are charging nowadays
Ko Samui - very touristy but still some good places ... not been in years but Maenam looks like it is still low key which I prefer but if you like busy action Chaweng is the main place

Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Penang
Bangkok
Koh Samui
Been to them all several times, some of my favourite places in Asia, any questions about them just ask 😄

In Bangkok there's a good food court at the top of terminal 21 shopping centre if you are near Sukhumvit (there's also an amazing taiwanese restaurant around Sukhumvit area) also a visit to Chinatown for the street food is a must do. Enjoy a drink on one of the rooftop bars!! Have a drink/dinner at one of the restaurants along the river in the evening where you get a view of Wat Arun.

In Koh Samui visit fishermans village in Bo Phut, Seen beach club is nice for a day if that's your sort of thing, boat trip to Ang Thong National Park.

In Georgetown, Penang go to the Red Garden Paradise food court.

Singapore is a great city just to wander around, visit gardens by the bay and go to the light show in the evening, maxwell centre food court, walk around the Marina Bay area

Kuala Lumpur - bar at the top of Banyan Tree Hotel is nice for a drink in the evening, visit Petronas Towers, Jalan Alor for street food

Jealous of everyones travels and love reading this thread.

Coming up I have Sweden, Norway, Scotland, Dubrovnik, Athens and Venice, then 2025; Lisbon, Paris, California and Hawaii and Florence. 2026; Florida and Copenhagen and 2027 Japan planned!

My list is so long though but my absolute must dos are;

Canada
Boston/Washington/New Orleans
Tennessee; Memphis and Graceland
Vietnam
Aus and NZ
Shanghai and Hong-Kong
Singapore
San Francisco and Alaskan Disney cruise
Switzerland
Isle of Skye
Mexico
Skiathos and Skopelos
Finland
Mont-St-Michel and Reims in France
Italy; Lake Como, Amalfi and Dolomites

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Happy to read the Thailand recommendations! We are doing Bangkok and Koh Samui (staying in Bophut) next Feb! Alongside Vietnam and Cambodia. Already had some good advice on an earlier thread about SE Asia too.

On the countdown to Cuba in a couple of weeks now, can’t wait!

Happy to read the Thailand recommendations! We are doing Bangkok and Koh Samui (staying in Bophut) next Feb! Alongside Vietnam and Cambodia. Already had some good advice on an earlier thread about SE Asia too.

Oo we went to Cuba 10 years ago- an incredible place - however we went in August and it was sooo hot and humid!
We only spent a day in Havana but the architecture was amazing, and seeing the classic cars everywhere!( we got a ride back in one - a pink convertible!-from Varadero to our hotel) ..also loved hearing salsa music everywhere we went ( usually live music too!)
Also went to a cigar museum which was fascinating
We went on a walking tour with our guide and saw so much

• Heart

Whereabouts in Cuba are you going? Absolutely loved it there.

I absolutely love Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam

the sightseeing in Vietnam is amazing and it’s very, very inexpensive too
I prefer the food in Thailand it’s spicier
Bophut is lovely, we have stayed there twice but not been since 2015

We are going to Toronto and somewhere else in Canada next year. Second city to be decided.
we can go at Easter, June or September time.
will be there for around 18 days.
Any advice on best time to go?

We are looking to see multiple places in north Italy I. may. I'm thinking Florence (day trip to Pisa) then train to verone with day trips to Venice and lake garda.
Any info on the places above?