Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've posted before but I'm going to Barcelona this year, I'm planning on booking activities before I go.
I will be there 4 full days, I'm staying near parc guell so I think I'll do that I'm the afternoon the day I get there. But what other things would you plan to do together on the same day as eachother to make the most of time? I'm thinking of doing the bus tour not sure whether one or two days. If the weather's warm enough I want to go relax on the beach for a day but I'm going in October so I'll leave a day free from activities in case this is possible

I've posted before but I'm going to Barcelona this year, I'm planning on booking activities before I go.
I will be there 4 full days, I'm staying near parc guell so I think I'll do that I'm the afternoon the day I get there. But what other things would you plan to do together on the same day as eachother to make the most of time? I'm thinking of doing the bus tour not sure whether one or two days. If the weather's warm enough I want to go relax on the beach for a day but I'm going in October so I'll leave a day free from activities in case this is possible
One of my favourite things was climbing Montjiuc. We got up really early one morning and climbed it. It had fantastic views and there is also a Castle at the top which was interesting. There’s also a botanical garden and then on the other side was the Olympic ring and stadium. There really is a lot to do over that side

Reactions: 2
Thanks for all the recommendations. They all sound great; looks like it will be Mauritius or DR, with Mauritius looking favourable for OH because there are hotels on or near a golf course there😂
If anyone can recommend a really fab hotel in either of these I’d be grateful. Am reading TA reviews on many of the top hotels and there’s lots of moaning about bad service and lack of sun lounger 🤣
my husband played at the ile aux cerfs golf club, it’s on a tiny island just off Mauritius. He couldn’t recommend it enough he had an absolute BALL. We stayed at troux aux biches beachcomber it was incredible

• Heart
Reactions: 1
One of my favourite things was climbing Montjiuc. We got up really early one morning and climbed it. It had fantastic views and there is also a Castle at the top which was interesting. There’s also a botanical garden and then on the other side was the Olympic ring and stadium. There really is a lot to do over that side
I did plan to do this one day or at least get the cable car up so I'll definitely do it thanks

Yes we did this too and really enjoyed it!

We're going to Paris in May, eurostar from London coming into Gare du Nord, as usual I'm bamboozled by hotels, in looking for 4 star pretty central, any ideas please?

We're going to Paris in May, eurostar from London coming into Gare du Nord, as usual I'm bamboozled by hotels, in looking for 4 star pretty central, any ideas please?
What do you want to do or see? That would probably help in determining where to stay as it's a bit like London, you can get anywhere on the Metro but obviously it helps to be on lines that are convenient. We always stay in the 7th but that's what's worked for us in the past, for the Olympics we're staying somewhere else because of cost and also because it's more convenient for the Stade de France.

What do you want to do or see? That would probably help in determining where to stay as it's a bit like London, you can get anywhere on the Metro but obviously it helps to be on lines that are convenient. We always stay in the 7th but that's what's worked for us in the past, for the Olympics we're staying somewhere else because of cost and also because it's more convenient for the Stade de France.
Thanks, I've looked up the arrondissements and 7th looks good for us too. We want to do tourist stuff so eiffel tower, sacre coeur, notre dame etc

We had a brilliant time at Tibidabo amusement park, amazing views and antique fairground rides. Great way to spend an afternoon.

Can anyone recommend a fab resort style hotel for my husband and I and our 6 month old? Somewhere baby friendly with perhaps some restaurants on site to make it easy as poss. Thinking of Mallorca or Portugal as it’ll be our first flight with him. Fairly open to ideas

Where’s good in Europe for a quick 3 day/2 night stay in June? We just want a quick dose of sun/beach for not too much money

Where’s good in Europe for a quick 3 day/2 night stay in June? We just want a quick dose of sun/beach for not too much money
Palma in Majorca is fab. Dubrovnik too, beaches there are stony though which some mightnet like. Anywhere on the costa del sol sounds like it might fit the brief

• Heart
We had a brilliant time at Tibidabo amusement park, amazing views and antique fairground rides. Great way to spend an afternoon.
Sounds like something I'd enjoy, I just can't work out from Google how you pay. Do you buy a ticket that allows you access to all rides for free or do you get in the park for free and then pay separately for each ride?

Sounds like something I'd enjoy, I just can't work out from Google how you pay. Do you buy a ticket that allows you access to all rides for free or do you get in the park for free and then pay separately for each ride?
From what I remember you got a couple of free rides with the entry fee then you could pay for extra tokens to ride the rest. There are probably only 5/6 antique rides. It's part of a bigger park, but the more modern rides were closed on the day we went!

Thanks all! I actually went Barcelona for a work trip recently so that was off the list unfortunately!
I think we’ve decided on Italy, potentially Genoa, if we can budget it right ☺

I might want to fit a cheeky week in the sun during May. We have holidayed in Turkey for a few years and I can’t decide whether to just stick to a place I know what I’m getting and that I know I’ll enjoy or try something new. I just want warmth/sunshine/sun loungers/pool/access to a beach. Not really too bothered about culture though a town to wander about in is handy! We tend to go AI just so we have everything we could feasibly want on tap already. We’re not huge drinkers but being able to have whatever drinks we want (alcoholic and non) around the pool whilst we spend the day reading is a bonus!

Any thoughts?

Reactions: 2
I might want to fit a cheeky week in the sun during May. We have holidayed in Turkey for a few years and I can’t decide whether to just stick to a place I know what I’m getting and that I know I’ll enjoy or try something new. I just want warmth/sunshine/sun loungers/pool/access to a beach. Not really too bothered about culture though a town to wander about in is handy! We tend to go AI just so we have everything we could feasibly want on tap already. We’re not huge drinkers but being able to have whatever drinks we want (alcoholic and non) around the pool whilst we spend the day reading is a bonus!

Any thoughts?
We had a fabulous week in May in Crete- weather was perfect, great food and people. Resort was in a town near Chania, on the beach with plenty of shops/ restaurants etc. Chania was also nice to pop in for a stroll and mooch around the shops in the old town. Friends stayed on the NE part of the island and also enjoyed it. Heraklion (has another airport) is more of a party town.