Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long for?

There isn't loads to see in Krakow unless you do trips to see the salt mine or Auschwitz. Unless he particularly wants to go Auschwitz would be heavy for a birthday trip.

Budapest is lovely and has great, cheap food (we ate Michelin-starred food for less than a chain restaurant here).

If you want snow I'd stick to Scandinavia.
I'd recommend Innsbruck in Austria! It's a beautiful city, plenty to see. The whole Tirol region is gorgeous. If he's into trains, you could fly to Zurich and then take the train to Innsbruck, it's a really scenic journey.

Realise I've just quoted the wrong post o_O @Tommyb

Reactions: 2
Off to Porto in a couple of weeks. Love it there.
Just booked Easyjet flights to Copenhagen for early December.
Flights were out today, and I booked at 7 am this morning. Got a great price and good flight times from local airport.
Happy days😀

Reactions: 5
Off to Porto in a couple of weeks. Love it there.
Just booked Easyjet flights to Copenhagen for early December.
Flights were out today, and I booked at 7 am this morning. Got a great price and good flight times from local airport.
Happy days😀
Is Cope hagen good for Xmas markets?

Going to Belfast in a few weeks - what's the best things to do there? I've heard it compared to Dublin a lot but people seem to prefer Belfast more. Been to Dublin a few times but can't imagine it being that similar.

Going to Belfast in a few weeks - what's the best things to do there? I've heard it compared to Dublin a lot but people seem to prefer Belfast more. Been to Dublin a few times but can't imagine it being that similar.
Theyre very different IMO - Ive lived in Dublin and visites Belfast - hands down best thing to do is a black cab tour. Really interesting history (so recent) of the Troubles.

You could also do a tour to Carraig a Rede rope bridge, giants causeway and the Dark Hedges.

Titanic Museum has mixed reviews - i've never bothered with it as a result of the bad reviews, but could be worth a look

Reactions: 1
@OnlyHereForTheLolz Not really going for the Xmas market as such, but I’m sure it will be very festive!
I’ve been once before in June and had a lovely time.
---
We always go away late November/early December for a weekend in a European city. Have done loads over the years!

If you are visiting over a weekend, St George's Market is good for food and shopping.

My friend did the Game of Thrones tour, she really enjoyed it.

Can anyone recommend a decent resort on the Dominican Republic! Needs to be family friendly as we will be taking our then one year old!

I too would be interested in hearing views on Dominican Republic.
Also Jamaica, Mauritius, and Goa.
We’ve got two big birthdays coming up this year and would like to celebrate with a holiday somewhere lovely, but are really stumped on where to go.
All the above are possibilities but I’d love to hear what others’ experiences have been, if you’ve been to any of these places.
We keep starting out with one area in mind and then going off on a tangent.

We’ve got two big birthdays coming up this year and would like to celebrate with a holiday somewhere lovely, but are really stumped on where to go.
All the above are possibilities but I’d love to hear what others’ experiences have been, if you’ve been to any of these places.
Dominican Republic - been several times, I liked the Caribbean coast of Bayahibe , very all inclusive based so choosing a good hotel is very important, 5 star , people are fantastic

Goa - it’s my second home and we go every year for a month at least, beaches are not as good as Caribbean and very wavy, however the people, culture, food , beach shacks are wonderful
Palm trees everywhere, eating out is a joy and so very cheap , south goa is better for beaches and Les commercial, north goa is getting very karaoke and pie and chips

Jamaica is stunning, a little more expensive than Dominican Republic, beaches at Negril where I stayed are beautiful, plenty of sightseeing. Lovely, again mainly all inclusive territory

Mauritius , never been but it’s on my list !

• Heart
I quite enjoyed Crumlin Gaol

Dominican Republic - been several times, I liked the Caribbean coast of Bayahibe , very all inclusive based so choosing a good hotel is very important, 5 star , people are fantastic

Goa - it’s my second home and we go every year for a month at least, beaches are not as good as Caribbean and very wavy, however the people, culture, food , beach shacks are wonderful
Palm trees everywhere, eating out is a joy and so very cheap , south goa is better for beaches and Les commercial, north goa is getting very karaoke and pie and chips

Jamaica is stunning, a little more expensive than Dominican Republic, beaches at Negril where I stayed are beautiful, plenty of sightseeing. Lovely, again mainly all inclusive territory

Mauritius , never been but it’s on my list !
Thank you so much 😊 I definitely can’t decide now!
(Will avoid the karaoke, pie and chips though 😂)

• Haha
I can only recommend Mauritius- incredible nature, welcoming people, so much to see and do. On a practical level it’s a 10 hour flight and 4 hr time difference so no jet lag to deal with. The climate is perfect- steady 30 degrees and constant light breeze. Great for snorkelling, boat trips, submarine trips, the island has so much to offer in terms of culture and nature. I’d happily visit there again in the future.

• Heart
Mauritius was amazing for our babymoon last year! Will forever hold a special place in my heart. Such a memorable holiday

• Heart
Thank you so much 😊 I definitely can’t decide now!
(Will avoid the karaoke, pie and chips though 😂)
If you do choose Goa just remember that you will need a visa which you can do online
I would say if you are wanting lux go to Jamaica or DR in a very good hotel
If you want more of a basic but relaxing experience go for south Goa

• Heart
Thanks for all the recommendations. They all sound great; looks like it will be Mauritius or DR, with Mauritius looking favourable for OH because there are hotels on or near a golf course there😂
If anyone can recommend a really fab hotel in either of these I’d be grateful. Am reading TA reviews on many of the top hotels and there’s lots of moaning about bad service and lack of sun lounger 🤣

Thanks for all the recommendations. They all sound great; looks like it will be Mauritius or DR, with Mauritius looking favourable for OH because there are hotels on or near a golf course there😂
If anyone can recommend a really fab hotel in either of these I’d be grateful. Am reading TA reviews on many of the top hotels and there’s lots of moaning about bad service and lack of sun lounger 🤣
We booked through Kenwood travel and stayed in west part of Mauritius, area called Balaclava just outside the capital. The flights/ transfers/ day trips arranged with the rep at the hotel were all fab. We stayed at Ravenala Attitude resort which was wonderful, never struggled with getting sun loungers.

• Heart
Belfast girlie here :)

Belfast is a great city for going out in though it is pricey here now.
Cathedral Quarter is a must - Duke of York, The Harp Bar, 39 Gordon Street, The National, The Dirty Onion, The Thirsty Goat - all bars pretty much beside one another and good fun, usually have live music on :)
The Observatory at the top of the Grand Central Hotel is great for the views
Black cab tours are decent, but I'd avoid the red open top tour bus, I think its the city sightseeing one, its £25 and tbh a bit of a rip off - the only decent thing about it I guess is being to hop off and on again so good in the sense you can see a wee bit more of the city like The Falls Road or the Shankill Road.
St Georges Market for a Belfast Bap :)
Top Blade, Millars, Deanes meat locker & The Morning Star are some of my favourite places to eat.

Have a lovely trip! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We booked through Kenwood travel and stayed in west part of Mauritius, area called Balaclava just outside the capital. The flights/ transfers/ day trips arranged with the rep at the hotel were all fab. We stayed at Ravenala Attitude resort which was wonderful, never struggled with getting sun loungers.
Thanks ☺ will check it out!