Holidays #3 2023 & 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which month are you planning to go? I was massively put off Turkey as our neighbours went last year in July when there was an extreme heatwave. It was mid-40s and above if I recall and even though they like the heat they found it too much. There was a big chunk of the afternoon where it was too hot to swim or do anything but sit in the air con.

The AI hotels do look nice there but May half term might be a more pleasant time to visit.
It would probably be the first week of July, the May holidays wouldn’t be long enough sadly.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone help me with Turkey please?

We want to go this summer- 2 kids so hoping to stay in one of the hotels with water slides and we will go AI and unlikely to leave the hotel. Any recommendations?
We went to marmaris in October and stayed at a hotel called green nature reserve. It was really nice, swimming pool was freezing but should be fine in July. We didn’t leave the hotel much just for the odd walk. Food was good, nice variety.

• Heart
Can anyone help me with Turkey please?

We want to go this summer- 2 kids so hoping to stay in one of the hotels with water slides and we will go AI and unlikely to leave the hotel. Any recommendations?
Years ago we went to Lykia World, now known as Lykia Liberty. It has several pools, some quiet ones for adults and some with slides and things for children. Lots of restaurants to choose from. Private beach too.

• Heart
Just resurrecting this thread! Going to Los Angeles for 5 nights later this year but really don’t know where best to stay/go? Want to do the touristy things.

Has anyone been to Lisbon? We want to go in April for 4 nights. Any recommendations on where to stay etc?

Has anyone been to Lisbon? We want to go in April for 4 nights. Any recommendations on where to stay etc?
Lisbon is great. We were in an Airbnb, can't remember where without looking. I'd recommend at least a night in Sintra, staying the night there means you beat the first trainload of people from Lisbon and so you'll get to see places like the Palacio de Pena (sp?) while it's quiet.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes I went last June. The public transport is really good and makes getting about straightforward but I’d probably recommend the neighbourhoods of Chiado or Bairro Alto - both central, lots of stuff to see nearby and really pretty. Enjoy, you’ll have a fab time!

• Heart
We're off to Dubai next weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations on which day is best for visiting Abu Dhabi please (planning to do this earlier in the week) and where to get the best deals on tickets/bookings? Hoping to visit Sh. Zayed Mosque and the Louvre. I've checked Get Your Guide and they look alright, but was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions, tips, or platforms to use for booking and planning? :)

Hi I’m thinking of Stalis (Crete) this summer, it’s going to be a mixed group adults and kids. I was just wondering if anyone has been and are there bars etc where we will feel comfortable. I know what it can be like sometimes with groups, there will be about 15 of us. Thank you
I went there in 2022. It was great. Loads of friendly bars and nice food.

Just back from a wonderful month in Goa and Kerala , india is my favourite country ever
Looking to book Thailand for summer, has anyone visited Ko Samet ?if so, Any recommendations would be appreciated

• Heart
Just back from a wonderful month in Goa and Kerala , india is my favourite country ever
Looking to book Thailand for summer, has anyone visited Ko Samet ?if so, Any recommendations would be appreciated
I'm going to Thailand next week - can't wait, the days are literally dragging, really is my favourite place.
I haven't been to Ko Samet sadly so can't give any recommendations (I Know, super helpful!) but Thailand as a whole, is just one of those places everyone should visit. The people, the food, the culture, the sunsets, just an amazing place.

I'm going to Thailand next week - can't wait, the days are literally dragging, really is my favourite place.
I haven't been to Ko Samet sadly so can't give any recommendations (I Know, super helpful!) but Thailand as a whole, is just one of those places everyone should visit. The people, the food, the culture, the sunsets, just an amazing place.
I hope you have an amazing time !
I have been to Thailand 17 times and absolutely agree with you, we are toying with ko samet because it’s one of the few places in Thailand that we haven’t visited yet
Also looking at Khao Sok national park

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hope you have an amazing time !
I have been to Thailand 17 times and absolutely agree with you, we are toying with ko samet because it’s one of the few places in Thailand that we haven’t visited yet
Also looking at Khao Sok national park
I'm going to Khao sok in a few weeks 😊

Does anyone have any suggestions for Bergen? We're going in May for a week. Does any one know any nice food spots to not miss etc.
We're going to book a fjord cruise and probably the train ride to Flåm as our main plans.

Does anyone have any suggestions for Bergen? We're going in May for a week. Does any one know any nice food spots to not miss etc.
We're going to book a fjord cruise and probably the train ride to Flåm as our main plans.
I went in 2022 but just for 3 nights. it’s a lovely little place. We did a fjord cruise, took the funicular up to the view point and went in a sea plane.

Just be mindful that it’s VERY expensive 🙈

Has anyone been to Keredu Island in The Maldives? Looking at booking here for our honeymoon next year. I think its one of the busier islands but you can still walk around it in 30 mins apparently.

Has anyone been to Keredu Island in The Maldives? Looking at booking here for our honeymoon next year. I think its one of the busier islands but you can still walk around it in 30 mins apparently.
I haven't been but I know of it quite well. It's one of the biggest and busiest islands. Some people like that, some don't. It's good value for money and has quite a lot to do.

• Heart
We’re going back to Kos end of July. Same hotel as last year which we always said we wouldn’t do with an AI however we loved it there and managed to get a reasonably good price considering school holidays.

Hoping to visit San Diego next year (with my parents) but need to do some serious saving. We have family there so accommodation would be free. Daughter will be 7 so would probably try to do a few days in Disney but need to do some research on that.