Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hex

Finally booked my holiday in Malta :love: found a lovely boutique hotel downtown xxx anyone been there that could let me know what are the best sightseeings and restaurants?

• Heart
Reactions: 3

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
You can buy small GPS trackers that you can pop in your luggage when flying. That way it it goes missing you’ll be able to locate it and retrieve it faster.

mcfeez

VIP Member
New York is my favourite place in the world! 😍 been 5 times and desperate to go back again
100% agreement. A friend of mine went a while ago and said he was bored by the end of his trip and feels like he's "done" it now. I was in shock! I've only been twice and could easily plan extra trips. I love staying in different parts of the city - we did midtown near Grand Central first and then out in Brooklyn our second trip. I really want to do down near Greenwich Village/Soho next time, that sort of area.

• Heart

Greentea12

Has anyone flown with Ryanair and are they better then Aer Lingus? Fed up of delayed flights with Aer Lingus,
I've flown with both and found no difference between them. I tend to fly with Ryanair more as Aer Lingus have traditionally been pricier. Not really the case these days though, so I would say they are pretty even.

Valencia or Sevilla?
I've not been to Valencia so can't comment, but spent a day in Sevilla in early May when it was pouring down with rain and it was so stunning that I hardly noticed.

Melian

VIP Member
Noting abroad this year, just weekends away here and there. But hoping for a week away in August. Just need to plan where!

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Thanks so much for the replies! It’s £29 pp - which I don’t think is bad at all. We thought it would help with the current airport chaos?

soymilk

VIP Member
I was looking at Rhodes for June as well. I like a mixture of sun, sea and history in my summer trips. I don't know whether to do Rhodes or Sicily or maybe Athens and get the ferry to another island.
I've just booked Sicily for March, so excited I've been making a list of all the foods I want to try! 😋

• Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I want to travel to South Africa or Namibia for a couple of weeks to do a safari. Covid throwing a spanner in the works though.

In terms of Europe, I quite fancy going to Spain, I never get bored of Andalucia. Plus it is relaxing and easy to organise.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Just booked Barcelona, staying at the Alma. Any tips?
I love Barcelona. For less tourist-y places, Carrer de Blai, a street near Paral-lel metro station is fantastic. Its full of small tapas bars, perfect for a "tapas crawl". Our food tour with a local took us to this area and it was so so good.

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
We're going to Rome next Thursday and I cannot wait. Any top recommendations? I've been before (about 15 years ago) but just want to make the most of the time there.
We booked a food tour through the Jewish quarter and Trastevere last time and it was so good.

My major tip for Rome is always look up reviews before you sit down to eat. Being busy is not always an indicator of quality. Eat locally too - Romes famous pasta dishes are carbonara, cacio e pepe and amatriciana. Also try suppli - they are yum

I'm not sure if you've seen the Sistine Chapel before but if you haven't warning - the Vatican museums are huge and you have to walk through them to get there

Generally for Rome I think just walking around is such a great activity as there is history on literally every corner. I

HoGi

VIP Member
I was looking at Rhodes for June as well. I like a mixture of sun, sea and history in my summer trips. I don't know whether to do Rhodes or Sicily or maybe Athens and get the ferry to another island.
We went ahead and booked it 😬😬😬

Haven't had a holiday since October 2018 so I can wait

JulesC

VIP Member
Booked Gibraltar/Spain trip yesterday to see family out there. Can’t wait! Will be our 2 year old’s first trip abroad. Any tips for keeping toddlers entertained on planes welcome!

• Heart

soymilk

VIP Member
Guys - looking ahead to 2023, im thinking an Italy trip. 10-12 days. Something like Rome, Florence (day trip to Pisa from here) and the Amalfi - anyone have any thoughts or tips?
I've done all those places as a solo traveller a few summers ago. I got around by train, it was really easy and v affordable.
I would stay in Naples and only do a day trip, or one night max. in Amalfi, just imo it's very overpriced and too touristy (v beautiful though). Plan things in advance, to save money etc (attractions, sights, travel).
Florence was the most expensive, I found.