Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I was reading this last night before bed and was going to post that I have Paris booked with my girls for end of February and was hoping France would open up as I didn’t wanna deal with the fact Eurostar don’t refund AND charge you to transfer it and make you pay any difference 🙄 and thankfully France have said today that they’ll be open up again for tourists so wahoooo!!!

UK wise, I only have a centre parcs trip with family in February and my boyfriend and I got loads of spa seekers vouchers for Christmas so need to decide where to use them and when.

I do have Orlando/Disneyworld booked with TUI for end of September/start of October with my boyfriend but I think we’re gonna transfer it to another destination as it’ll have been 3 years since we’ve had a summer/beach holiday (we have got Barbados booked for April 2023 for a wedding but that’s too long to wait) and if i’m honest - I joined an Orlando group on facebook and it’s given me serious ick. I’d LOVE to go just not yet now after this pandemic. Also we’d really like to go back to New York but in December time too as first time we went I was sick whilst there so definitely feels like some unfinished business (plus I’d love it if my boyfriend proposed to me there 🤣🤣🤣🤣) Have found a really good deal for NY in the BA sale.

Just need to decide where to go for our beach holiday and when - we would normally go Carribean during our winter, we’re thinking within Europe like Greece/Croatia/Portugal/Italy etc but just not sure where so if anyone has any hotel suggestions or places to stay then hit me up!!! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Welshgal

VIP Member
I don't know where to post this, but maybe some experienced travellers can provide me with some advice.

I am taking 5 days off in August and then 10 days off at the end of September.

My original plan was to do the following:
  • August: Travel to Helsinki and squeeze in a day trip to Tallinn (Estonia)
  • September: Travel to Croatia
However, when reviewing the numbers, I was thinking of perhaps switching my plan to skipping the August "city break" altogether and going to Singapore for a week in September instead.

The numbers resulting from the combination of Helsinki / Tallinn / Croatia will more or less amount to the same forecast for a week in Singapore (as I am planning on booking proper hotels and airline options are quite limited to from where I live). In all fairness, I've always wanted to visit Singapore more so than I ever did Helsinki or Croatia.

Should I stick to my original plan?
100% go to Singapore and if you can fly with Singapore Airlines. Best flight experience I ever had and it definitely made me want to visit Singapore

• Heart

Maa92

My husbands just booked New York in august, for my 30th birthday, we’ve been in the winter but we’ve never been in summer… any helpful tips? We’re staying in times sq

• Heart

Welshgal

VIP Member
So thanks for the replies guys 😂

But I thought I report back and say that we did a day trip to Brighton instead of Windsor and it was fabulous!

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
I am having to move my holiday to Italy to be earlier as they are bringing a rule in from 1st feb that you have to have had your last vaccine within 180 days! I got boosted on 19th December so 180 days takes me to 17th June… I fly on 20th June!

• Wow

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Does anyone have any thoughts on where would be good (and safe) to go as a single woman where I could just stay in the resort and read and swim and sunbathe for a week?
I did this in puerto del carmen, lanzarote last year and had such a relaxing week. Would def do again/recommend

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
Port Aventura is great! Tarragona is a great day trip as well from Salou, beautiful city.

My little travel tip is always take a corkscrew with you, if you drink alcohol. Lots of the wine in places like Spain and Italy is super cheap, delicious and not screw top.

In terms of stuff to sort - passport, covid documentation and travel insurance just off the top of my head. If you don't have travel insurance yet quidco sometimes do deals with cashback on offer.

• Heart

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
I absolutely love New York so would 100% vote for there if you're interested. So much to do and the range of food and cuisine is fantastic. Rome is also a fantastic city break, great history and amazing food - you could even pair it with visiting another city like Florence going on the train.
New York is my favourite place in the world! 😍 been 5 times and desperate to go back again

• Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
We stayed on Boa Vista which is the more unspoilt of the two main tourist islands. If being able to get in the sea is important to you, go to a hotel on the North West coast as beaches on the south are nearly always red flagged.

It's very unspoiled and rugged. It's not for everyone but I loved it.
I have been to Cape Verde twice.

I preferred Sal to Boa Vista. Little bit more to do and the sea has more green days than Boa Vista.

All the Riu's are fairly similar and you know what you're getting.
Thank you both, good to know. RIU were actually what I looked at when I did look at there as we stayed in a RIU in Jamaica and were very impressed with it.
Is this a Tui resort? My husband and I have never been to any resort before, but I’ve been down a rabbit hole looking at Tui resorts worldwide last couple of days and looking at what they offer, it looks interesting, good quality and good value!

At your Mexican resort, how easy/hard was it to do some day trips off site? Is it something that the resort might organise? We like cruises and these resort things remind me a bit of that, sort of like a stationary cruise ☺
Hey! We did book it through TUI but I don’t think they own it in any way - they did have reps there on certain days. It was utterly brilliant the hotel, so beautiful. It’s really big, we found it worth more than what we actually paid for two weeks (Around 1,300 I think with extra legroom on flight). The room was beautiful and so was the bath, the mini bar and optics, the bed was comfy, our view though not a sea view was a garden view and it was lovely as I saw a monkey one day 😊 In terms of things to do on site, it’s got a huge lazy river, 3/4 pools too which were all pretty big. It had a number of speciality restaurants: Brazilian, Greek/Mediterranean, Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian, French, Thai, Mexican - we went for 2 weeks so we could pick I think it was either 2 or 3 for each week we were there. Then there’s 2 big buffet restaurants which did really good food - my boyfriend is fussy. They had themed nights in there too. The bars are lovely. You’ve got concierges for each block who help you too. It’s actually a gorgeous resort to walk around because of the greenery and wildlife (nothing dangerous lol), like the beach is lovely with hammocks and there’s bikes you can go on etc and other activities. Then you’ve also got the spa which I really recommend, it is simply stunning. I’ll see if I can attach some pics.

In terms of activities, we went to Tulum, Xel Ha and X-caret, we went to Chichen Itza (this is the longer day but it is regardless of where you stay because it’s best to get there early, it was our only early start), we went to a cenote and Coco Bongos. The majority of which we booked through TUI but you could do yourself. Things we just did ourself were going to Senor Frogs, Playa del Carmen for shopping - we literally just walked out to the main road and got in a Mexican like mini bus looool. We went to Cozumel too which was cool. You could probably organise bits independently or through TUI or through the hotel - there was tour things there that weren’t airline/holiday company specific from memory.

Honestly I really, really, recommend. We’d go back in a heartbeat.

If you can bare to watch then Youtuber Sydney May Crouch went there at Christmas!
C79556A3-56CB-4187-A0F2-3424BECCF1D2.jpeg
12E99712-ECE5-4C06-A640-3E8D8CCD5A31.jpeg
7B1FA07F-5523-425B-A270-9A6D21DF62C8.jpeg
1DB569CD-194A-437B-BACF-6849A1C5A617.jpeg
D38DC44B-51AF-48D5-B69F-B0B1E877E553.jpeg
0FB2A1D6-7BD9-43CF-A6E0-ECA7C82CE16A.jpeg
DFCDE728-EB02-4D78-A92C-7A5C3258F192.jpeg
EC9B8277-1D09-4C92-80A1-78976E6819DD.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart

Web30

VIP Member
We have Turkey booked for October, this hollidays been changed 4 times over the past few years thanks to covid. Feeling good that it will go ahead though!

• Heart

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
My City ❤

Depends what you're into really, but these would be my tips -

• Titanic Museum - very well done, but also very long and perhaps over detailed. I'd only do this if you are really into the history of it. It would probably take 2-3 hours to do it from start to finish. The whole of the Titanic quarter is lovely though and the Titanic Hotel is gorgeous and has a lovely big spacious bar which was the original drawing room for the plans of the Titanic. The place is so historic.
We got kicked out of the Titanic museum at closing time and we hadn't quite finished looking round... We'd been there more than 3 hours 🤣 it is fantastic and well worth the money.

We also enjoyed Crumlin Road Gaol and spent longer than we expected to there. St George's Market was fab too. We will definitely be coming back, it has to be one of my favourite cities in the UK.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
i've just booked Edinburgh in December for my bf's 30th - he's always wanted to go, we'll be there the week leading up to Christmas so i can only imagine how beautiful it'll be! I told him he has 6 months of me playing bagpipe videos on youtube and repeating everything i say in a Scottish accent 😅
I just left Edinburgh yesterday, my favourite UK holiday in so long

• Heart

strawb

VIP Member
Anyone flown out of Manchester recently? I'm going next week. How would you know which is the queue for fast track if the queue for entry to the terminal stretches out to the car park?
two of my separate clients flew out of there yesterday and both said it was crazy busy, i'd say it would be worth paying for the fast track based on that!
@strawb (or anyone) can you give me any Croatia advice for a friend.
Do you know the Dubrovnik area at all?
Hi I've been a couple of times to Dubrovnik area, stayed in Cavtat both times which is an easy bus or boat ride from Dubrovnik. Very quiet and peaceful compared to Dobrivnik with lovely views of the sea, plenty of bars and restaurants too.
yes i'm from there 😊 agreed cavtat is lovely and you can reach dubrovnik via boat. if you still want to be somewhere closer, definitely stay in the lapad area rather than the old town. the old town is busy, noisy and expensive. charming of course but lapad is close enough so no need to stay right in the centre. i'd recommend doing the city walls and a big tip is that the ticket to the city walls includes a ticket to the st lawrence fortress as well, and you can visit the 2 parts within 3 days, it doesn't have to be on the same day. next to that fort is dodo beach bar, highly recommended for cocktails!

locals' favourite restaurants would be pantarul for traditional food with a modern twist, trinity/shizuku for asian fusion (amaaazing) and kamenice for local seafood. don't get the local taxis as they're really expensive, use uber because it's very fast (less than 5 minute wait wherever you are) and much cheaper. also you can feel 100% safe, in taxis or anywhere really, we have literally 0% crime here. it's also very clean! and not too busy just yet.

my top suggestion would going to lokrum island, 10 min boat ride from the old town, there are peacocks there and it's incredibly beautiful 🦚 keep in mind that it's very warm here right now, it was 30+ degrees celsius today so definitely bring swimwear and go to a beach or do a boat trip. most houses have air conditioning so they should be fine in their accommodation but it's very warm outside for sure. lots of sunblock and spf, and aloe vera for after.

i do hope this is useful - sorry for the rant, i'm a tour guide so i kind of get passionate about this 😂
if you have any specific questions let me know and i wish a lovely holiday to your friend! ☀

• Heart

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I've booked my hotel for Amsterdam in late April. I've never been before and want to go in April to see the tulip gardens/farm. I really want to get the Hull to Rotterdam ferry to get there but P&O have suspended the coach transfer from Rotterdam port to Amsterdam and apparently there's no other public trasport from the port there, so looks like I might have to fly :(

strawb

VIP Member
Off to Madeira next week for 10 days.
Looking forward to some sun, long hikes and sea swimming, that doesn’t involve layers of neoprene to keep me from freezing to death 😂

We go away usually between each work contract but don’t decide where until a couple of weeks before, unless it’s somewhere we have in mind that involves visas. We once decided on a destination at the airport by looking at the departure board and buying a ticket 🎫 😎
what is it that you do if i may ask and are they looking for employees? 😏

eta: started the year off on holiday in germany and just came back a few days ago so not thinking of anything else yet/don't have anything booked. possibly ireland in either spring or autumn 😊

• Heart